Lidl or Aldi nappies verus Pampers? Any users?

Cariad Bach

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm currently looking into nappies and have heard that Lidl and Aldi nappies are very good and compete against Pampers.

I'm just wondering if there are any mums out there who have used Lidl or Aldi nappies and what they thought of them - particuarly for new born?

I started off using pampers until I ran out and found some free aldi nappies I got given in a bounty pack when my LO was a couple of weeks old, I've been buying aldi nappies ever since, they are much better quality IMO and for the price they just don't compare with pampers, if you hold an aldi nappy and a pampers nappy up to the light you can see the difference the pad inside the aldi nappy is much wider and thicker than the one in a pampers, my LO has never leaked in aldi brand but has done in pampers.
Everyone's different though but aldi nappies suit my LO best :)

I've got tons of Pampers but when I run out I will be switching to Aldi... ridiculously cheap and they fit H perfectly! xx

I have used aldi and pampers. Found that pampers were better for wet nappies with my lo. They seem to hold moisture in whereasthe aldi seemed to leave a residue. But I have only been at it for 4 weeks. Xx

We had one pack of pampers in the beginning but used Aldi ever since and never had a leak.

We had always used huggies and pampers and switched to Aldi.

Aldi nappies are great, but they used to be better! They have changed supplier and the quality isnt quite as good and although they are still brilliant for my wee girl I know few Mums who have stopped using them.
The ones in the packets seem to be affected. The ones in the mega boxes are the better quality ones.

Stock up when they do the boxes! X

We use both. I think pampers and aldi perform the same. I would probably use aldi all the time but they often seem to sell out of the size we need.

We use aldi mamas nappies and they r brill! No leaks x

Another aldi nappy champion here!!

Bought a pack of pampers newborn to get their free changing bag- couldn't tell difference between aldi or pampers - also asda little angels - however Oscar leaked out of little angels a few times

He's now in size 3 aldi and only leaked twice overnight ( 12 hour sleeping sessions ) - he's 3 months old so that's not bad going

Yep, definitely Aldi for us! We have tried Lidl but found they were pretty thin. Aldi were out of stock of size 2 for the entire time my LO was in them so we used Tesco or Asda instead and they were good but Aldi seem best for us.

I love Aldi nappies, our nearest one is a 30minute drive away though.
Lidl are ok but not as good.
I've had to use pampers at night as my dd was wetting loads and it was coming through her nappy but other than that they are fab espically for the price.
Asdas are also good but feel very rigid and plasticy to me x

I vote lidl nappies, my Mum bought us a pack and I found them better than pampers, no leakage at all and half the price :)

I used aldi in the beginning and loved them but once we got out of the new baby sizes I felt that they weren't as good quality or fit as pampers. Now I just buy in bulk of pampers when there's good offers on

I had the aldi freebies in a bounty pack or somewhere, Lol leakdd through every one of them. Have used pampers, tesco and cheekybots and not a single problem with any of them, so personally I am not a fan of aldi

I love aldi nappies! However, on my dd I used Pampers when she was wearing leggings. They have a bit less bulk about them and I hated the saggy look that was all other nappies give!

I use both pampers and aldi, depends where I shop when I stock up. Never had issues with either. Aldi tend to be a little bit bigger though. x

Thanks ladies! It seems that Aldi are worth a try then! Shame my nearest store is 50 minutes away. Lidl is 30 minutes, but by the sounds the Lidl ones aren't so great compared to Aldi...

I love little angels asda, and also Aldi. Pampers always leaked, Eugh haha! Lidl was nasty and smelt of chemicals tho!

Morrisons newborn nappies were the best for me then moved onto Pampers Size 2 but always buy when on offer, most supermarkets have BOGOF regularly. I'd really recommend Aldi baby wipes & nappy sacks too.

Yes i use aldi sensitive wipes - they are good - better than pampers wipes and I think they are like 64 or 69p?

Their nappy sacks seem good but my store only stock them on baby events - so I stocked up- think I have about 800 nappy sacks :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back