Ladies just over

Thx FL I am worried that my yield has been compromised. I had issues. In the first two weeks with being in and out of hospital and not being able to BF some days. I'm not ready to give up yet just think I need to work at it and see what I can do to make it work. I've got a medala swing so I'll get on it with expressing too. Will have to look up BF groups.

On another subject, was wondering how long some of you bleed for after birth? Mines starting to peter out a bit now. Was never really heavy to start with. Wondered if this was because of the c section. However do feel period crampy today.

Mines comes in waves some days nothing but in the morning when I wake up there will be some. The midwife said that when u bf ur more likely to get a 'squirt' because your uterus contracts so I wouldn't get rid of the pads yet!

Forgot to mention, went to the town hall this morning and registered my little boy.

Introducing Jonah Edward Kenyon Ashton.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327328772.238888.jpg

I really must do a proper birth story thread for him.

Awww he's gorgeous!!!

Great name too!!

Doing our registration on Friday..........feels very official!!

I love that photo Janine :)

Interesting to read everyone's thoughts on wipes. I didn't use them at all and then one night in hospital a mw was in the room with me and spotted them in my bag from the bounty pack. She asked why I wasn't using them, so I started to. Then afterwards, others said not to :roll: I was told at antenatal not to though and I told her that.

I had the HV round today and I asked her about it, as I don't want to make his wee bum and willy sore. She said if he's not had a reaction, should be ok now, but they do recommend wool and water.

xxx

What a gorgeous little man!!!

Ish I'm so glad your doing better :D

The 30min feed-cry thing.. I don't know much about bf (even though I am lol) but lilyanna gets like that and won't go back on.. So I give her her dummy.. Think she wants to comfort suck without the milk.. The moment she gets her dummy she stops crying and just dozes off.. I was worried she wasn't getting enough milk and that's why she was crying but if that wa the case she would cry with the dummy.. Plus she wakes every four hours in the day and goes 12 hrs at night, if she was still hungry then she would want feeding more often.. Don't get disheartened bf is hard work but once you've conquered it it's so easy :D hang in there babe!

Ninja- wow Jonah is such a beautiful boy- amazing hair. Bless his cottons, he looks so happy xxx

I take back my previous post - Vince gave us an infernal night, he'd emptied all the available boobs and bottles of expressed milk and started wailing up a storm, luckily we found a stray bottle in the fridge to give the little ogre and he finally fell asleep at 4 AM.

To top everything off, I'm having my mum over and she's doing my head in, she is the most panicky creature imaginable and making things so much worse for us :(

I just bought an electric pump which will hopefully help with my milk production, and got some cartons of formula for emergencies. Having a hungry baby and not being able to feed him is the worst feeling in the world.

Aww bless! Naughty Vince giving you a hard time. Would love to know how the electric pump goes!

Does your mum do what my OH does and suggest a bottle as the 'answer' to a fussy baby? Really annoys me!!

My mum just panics every time the baby does as little as a wet fart! He wouldn't stop crying last night and she actually told me to call 999. I wouldn't believe it if someone told me, but that's what she does.

My mum just panics every time the baby does as little as a wet fart! He wouldn't stop crying last night and she actually told me to call 999. I wouldn't believe it if someone told me, but that's what she does.

Omg! U r kidding right? How unhelpful is your mum! Hun I feel 4 u so much!! Bless u for persevering with bf. R u going to try a mixed feeding routine of one ff at night to try and give you a break? I would def do that with Fin to try and keep my sanity and to keep bf going.

That's mental!!

I found a hot bath laying on my front soaking my laa laas helped her have a good feed at night.. I've read fenugreek helps milk production and drinking water whist feeding too.. Make sure your eating lots and drinking..
They do say not to combine breast and bottle if u want to increase milk, just to perservere and pump in between feeds.. If your really losing your sleep (and mind!) a top up bottle at night won't hurt xx

Last edited:
I have some ready made formula now just in case, but I will try to get by just on bf for as long as I can. Also, get rid of mum ASAP - I stupidly believed any help will do, but she is driving me mad, truly.

She does the same with me, she is a huge hypochondriac, all I have to do is cough once and she will think I will die of consumption.

Lol! U must be ripping your hair out I thought my mum was bad!! Making me think there was something wrong with lily coz she sleeps alot!
I feel for u I really do! Try and rest as much as u can between feeds xx

New mummy and loving it. But it is hardworking sometimes. Night times are a nightmare. He won't sleep in his Moses basket. Past two nights I've been up all night with no sleep at all and just getting a couple of hours sleep during the day. Really hoping tonight will be different as he has managed to sleep in his basket for a good 3 hours straight. Breast feeding is also a bit of a challenge. Nipples are so sore it's untrue! I felt like i wasn't making enough but been assured lil man is ok. Think milk is starting to come in now too as boobs MASSIVE! I thought they were big during pregnancy lol. I miss my bump. Not liking my flabby blob. But it has massively improved since birth. I hope everyone else is ok and enjoying mummyhood.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back