Ladies doing IVF or IUI - 2015 (9 BFPs!)

AF finally arrived this morning! 3 weeks late apart from a silly bit 3 weeks ago! Hope its a proper one this time. There were no symptoms before she arrived apart from tiredness. Maybe the good news yesterday and winding down for Christmas has kicked my body back into working again?!

My af started this afternoon must be a day for it!! And so it begins booked my first IVF scan for Saturday xx

Oh how exciting ladies! I am keeping everything crossed for you both and hoping all of us are mummies-to-be by this time next year. :)

I still have light brown spotting but no AF yet... she is not due until Weds so I've still got a bit of a wait. Really frustrating. Cheering myself up by pigging out tomorrow.

Blueflower - do you know when you can start your donor cycle? Xx

I don't expect I'll get a reply till the new year! DH was a bit shocked we heard back yesterday as we weren't expecting it, so it will give us time to prepare! It was only a possible match at this stage!
Looking forward to a nice Christmas with our little cat. Currently listening to the radio preparing Christmas food and drinking wine! DH is in charge, haha! Cat is asleep on her tower and has chosen the nest as her bed of choice this evening!

Awww, how lovely. It's our first Christmas with our cat too and can't imagine life without her now. They are such loving creatures. Xxx

Hi ladies. Did you all have a good Christmas?

I've been quite down the past few days as I thought my cycles had gone back to how they were months ago with all the spotting (even though it is light brown instead of heavy red).

I know Blueflower has said IVF messed up her cycles and I've had a quick Google to see if that could be the cause of my spotting. And it seems it possibly could! Lots of other ladies have had spotting on their next cycle and that's why they tell you to leave it a few months. I REALLY hope this is the cause but will be taking chromium and on a healthy diet from the next few days just in case.

Fingers crossed 2016 is a good year for us all xxx

I had a lovely day thanks you Phonixgirl
sometimes I get brown spotting before my period comes, can you ask for the meds to bring on a period?

I have had my first IVF scan this morning and got all my drugs so that means it's real now!! Xxx

Wow, they are open on Boxing Day!
Yes ivf can mess up your cycles, usually the first one afterwards but it can be for longer, I think Dee is still having issues.
We had a lovely day yesterday, quite tiring though, didn't wake up till 10.40 this morning! Must have been cos I worked right up till Christmas and was entertaining yesterday, although DH did most of the cooking, he is a star! Looking forward to a week off work now! :)

A week off, lucky you!

Laura, I'm really impressed they are open Boxing Day too. How exciting! Ours are closed over Christmas for a deep clean.

I used to have a lot of spotting pre-AF. It used to be brown or black years ago but developed into red (and for longer) over the last couple of years. It was that that made me realise something was wrong. Various things stopped it completely though: clomid, chromium and the IVF drugs.

This month the spotting started quite suddenly at about 5dpo (according to cm and pains) then lightened. AF is due Weds (when I will be 14dpo) and I am still getting a tiny bit of light brown spotting. I hardly have any cm and no pregnancy signs so I definitely think it's the IVF. I know it can make you late as well. My appointment is in Jan anyway so will ask for something to bring on AF if it doesn't show on time or a little late xx

My clinic nice did deep clean early December when I asked about Christmas opening was told they only close Christmas Day and are open the rest of the year I'm glad really otherwise I would be waiting another mth!

Hopefully af will come in dpo 14 Hun and then you can start a fresh.

I have the week off thought it would be relaxing but have got something on every day!! Xx

I only have the bank holidays off :-( at least I get a 4 day weekend though.

I THINK I ovulated on that day at least, but don't check temps and I didn't have as much EWCM as I have had the past few cycles. (Before that, I had absolutely nothing and cysts on my ovaries so don't think I was actually ovulating at all.) Like you say, hopefully AF does arrive when I expect it to so I can move onto the next cycle. X

Oh, and my clinic is closed Sundays too! Going to do my FETs and then change clinic I think x

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

Blue flower, fantastic news! Really pleased for you and OH!

I was meant to start provera to induce af on the 28th but would you believe it AF showed up naturally on the 19th meaning I've had 3 af's in 3 months which is absolutely amazing for me lol. Called the clinic and they told me to start norethisterone to stop it then when I finish it, to call when af arrives to sort my baseline scan. All booked in for 31st, af started again yesterday but seems heavier today so I think today will be cd1 for me. Estimated transfer date of 19th January.
Started Buserilin injections on day 2 of norethisterone, the injections haven't been as bad as I was expecting although I know that they aren't painful as such it was more the anticipation of doing them again after a long break from treatment lol. But we are back on track and on our way! And it feels quite good lol. Looking forward to being reunited with our embryo lol. X

How exciting MissJuly. You and Laura could both get nice early 2016 BFPs!

My spotting is getting heavier now, think AF might actually arrive tomorrow now instead of Weds (wasn't sure if I ovulated the Tuesday or the Wednesday). That would still make this cycle 27 days, which is long for me (with 9 days of spotting). I attribute both the change in cycle length and the spotting to the IVF. I hope my cycle length stays the same but would like the spotting to stop next cycle please!

My lovely mum gave me a big fat cheque today for Christmas (although it was my grandpa's money) and I cried because I knew it meant we can get a good few frozen cycles out of it without worrying about anything. X

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been on for a few weeks. Hope your all doing okay and have had lovely Christmasses. Our Christmas miracle came true and we have had a successful FET. Been feeling really excited and so surreal. It's been such a journey and one I never thought would end at times. But it has, we made it. And you lovely ladies can and will get there too xxxx

Huge congratulations on your FET!!.. Excellent news to end the year on :) Enjoy your pregnancy CDAbaby xx

Wow fantastic news CDAbaby, congratulations! What a lovely Christmas present.

Phonixgirl - aw that's really nice I bet that's a huge relief as well, hopefully you won't need all of it for treatment but a baby fund instead! My af was affected by treatment but it has rather regulated it to some extent, I've had the most natural periods ever in my life lol. I had maybe 3 periods a year and I'm in the midst of my 3rd in 3 months which is amazing. I like to think it will affect my treatment in a positive way. But in truth I have no idea lol.

That's amazing CDA! When did you test? I can change the title to 9! Any more before the end of the year and the thread?!
Good luck MissJuly, is this your first FET?

Yeah this is my first FET. Only had one IVF cycle so far and only one frozen embryo grade 1 to transfer. Down regging has been new for me!

Massive congrats CDA! :)

It is such a relief not to have to worry. I have a little in savings plus I get a bonus in March/April time so I'd planned to use those. This will allow for a lot more attempts though, especially as I have frosties. Would love to be able to turn it into a baby fund though...

I've got my appointment for my wisdom tooth on 11th Jan then my fertility clinic app on the 20th, so I'm hoping next month flies by.

I would LOVE my cycles to be 'normal' as they never really have been! Just need to get rid of the spotting and keep the length the same please :) with lots of CM and not overly heavy or overly painful AFs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back