KINA

rach

Reaction score
hi hun just a quick question am getting really scared about the scan on friday and wether or not they will find a heart beat just wanted to know what happened at your scan and exactly what dates they put you at was it easy for them to find the heartbeat? someone has told me i might have to have an internal scan :shock: as im overweight they might struggle to find it never had an internal one before am really nervous about it all as they have to see the heartbeat before they will commence treatment am worried sick now as consultant didnt want me to have scan till 7/8 weeks and doctor has sent me early and il only be 6+2 :? xxxxxx

sorry can i reply???

i had a scan at 5 and a half weeks and im big built so i had an internal. its not that bad a bit uncomfy but they can teel alot and you can also see the heartbeating :)

i hope all is ok for you hun

i will try to find my pic from it :)

Me butting in too!
Rach, i'm overweight too and I had a scan at 6w when I was pregnant last year. You could definitely see a heartbeat.
It was an internal scan and slightly uncomfortable but definitely not painful.
Good luck Rach, you'll be fine!
Let us know how you get on.
Lucyx :hug:

rach heres my pic :)

BABYSCAN2.jpg

Ive got scared from reading this post now. I never knew they did internals if you were overweight!!

How overweight is it that you are when they switch from an external to an internal??

even slim people could have an internal there not bad at all hun xxx

hevwithbump said:
even slim people could have an internal there not bad at all hun xxx

LOL im just a pussy I guess he he. Is it kinda like a smear feeling, cause I dont think they hurt, just feel kinda weird!!

Is there a point though where they go, ''your xxx overweight so we cant do an external and will have to do an internal''? or do they just like try an internal and then if cant get anything go for the external?

awww thanks for your replies girls am so worried :cry: feel a bit better knowing that they should def get a heartbeat with an internal scan providing my dates are right lol xxxxxx
jenny its only as i have to have a very early scan on a normal 10/12 week one there shouldnt be any problem im a size 18 dont worry hun you only have to have internal ones apparently if its very early and they cant get a good pic from the outside xxxxx

thanks hev its a relief to know they got a heartbeat at 5 and a half weeks with you that has really put my mind at ease :hug: xxxxxxxx

Hi rach i had a scan at 6weeks with Dior it was like a lil grain of rice flickering away. she pressed down so hard and ask me to hold my breath ect. but i had to have an internal in the end. turns out i was only just over 5weeks preg so needed internal it was a bit uncomfy but worth knowing it was all ok :)

the next week i went back she pressed down real hard on my tummy and seen what looked like a lil bean with a heart beat :)

im so excited to hear about your scan :cheer:

rach said:
awww thanks for your replies girls am so worried :cry: feel a bit better knowing that they should def get a heartbeat with an internal scan providing my dates are right lol xxxxxx
jenny its only as i have to have a very early scan on a normal 10/12 week one there shouldnt be any problem im a size 18 dont worry hun you only have to have internal ones apparently if its very early and they cant get a good pic from the outside xxxxx

Ahhh right ok, I see.

Yeh im a size 18/20 (dependant on shops - how can sizes be different grrr lol) so bout the same as you.

Good luck with your scan on Friday, it will be fine, let us all know what the outcome, try to enjoy it!

thanks dionne hun :D am so glad i asked now didnt realise so many people would have had early scans. guess im just being overly scared this time of everything :( this time has got to be ok :pray: think im going to end up driving everyone nuts on here and at the hospital lol :rotfl:
i will appologise beforehand sorry if i get on anyones nerves in this pregnancy :oops: xxxxxxx

i had 2 internal scans too honey and im a size 12. they prefer to do them that way for everyone before 8 weeks in scotland, dont know if its the same down south.
it was uncomfortable but i put that down to the bad scanner people, not the actual process.
am sure you will be fine and please come to vent if you need to, better out than in and all that.
:hug:

Hi Rach hon :wave:

I had an internal scan as they can see things so much more clearly that way. It didnt hurt was just a little uncomfy when she checked one of my ovaries :)
They didn't give me exact days/weeks just said that I was 5-6 weeks but closer to 6, she could measure the bean, but just couldn't give me exact figures (don't mind, got my dating scan next month for that :cheer: ).
I was worried at first as I couldn't see the baby flickering like I did with Ella at her early scan (done between 5-6 weeks externally), but she zoomed on in and I could. Definately a 'holding breath' moment til she did that!

Good luck on Friday hon, will be thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good Luck for friday Rach, will be thinking of you. had a 6 week scan with Charlie, they didnt do it internally, and they found her heartbeat ok. Everything will be great. xxxxxxx

Hiya, just wanted to put a quick word in - I had a scan before I got pregnant to diagnose my PCOS, they had to do an internal to see my ovaries. It was a bit uncomfortable but not much (didn't help that the woman told me there shouldn't be a problem as I was 'quite big' down there) :evil: :oops: :rotfl:

Don't worry about an internal scan, it'll be worth it to see your baby!

Hi rach

Good luck!!! :hug:

I had an internal as the babe is still in the pelvic region that is why it is easier to see. they dont hurt is just like a smear and they cover your bits up.

You will be fine hunny

Bex.x

thanks everyone well roll on friday now then i guess xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic