8 week scan

nic0la

Reaction score
Hi

Just thought i would let you know how my scan went. I was having one at eight weeks becaust the GP thought i might have my dated wrong. The worst part was when she was checking my tummy (wow they really press on) and then said that she couldnt see a baby there. I had to go for a wee and have an internal scan and after a couple of mins there it was with a heartbeat going like the clappers. :dance:. I am only 8 weeks so the little thing was like a jellybean with a heartbeat, but we are totally thrilled.

I am even more excited now not sure whether to tell everyone now as it seems so real now we have seen it.

And just incase anyone is worried about having to have an internal scan i can put your mind at rest, it was actually more comfortable than the normal way although when i saw the "wand" i was a bit suprised:shock:.

Aww thats fantastic to hear! Did you manage to get a pic? I've had an internal before as well, i agree...the wand was a little bigger than expected but it wasnt uncomfortable at all.

Congratulations sweet, tis up to you if you want to tell people! I think it was 8 weeks when we told a couple of family members...havent told the world quite yet though!

Glad your scan went well Hun, did they confirm or change your dates?
Pics... pics...

i had an ultrasound a couple of months back for a suspected ovarian cyst.. They tried the normal one.. and yes damn they press hard considering you have to fill your bladder!.. And like you had to pee then get an internal.. But I found it rather uncomfortable, it may have just been the nurse on duty being mean, but she was pressing that damn wand next to my cervix pretty hard at times

aww congratulations its amazing isnt it, im waitin til 12 weeks to tell ppl but everytime i see a relative i go all nervous thinking they can guess haha xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back