8 Week Scan info please

GregorysGirl

Reaction score
Hey Layyydeeees!

So, as u probobly know by now, Im 5 weeks 4 days and have an early scan booked in for 8 weeks due to a previous MMC at 8 weeks (didnt find out till 12 weeks)

So, has anyone had an early scan at 8 weeks before, what does it consist of? :shock:

What happens if they do an internal?:eh:

Can they detect a heartbeat?:oooo:

Whats evryone experience of an 8 weeks scan?

All very worrying after what happened last time:wall2:

Sick of hearing myself thinking ' I hope everything is ok' and saying 'all being well' to OH.

Grrrrr So frustrating xxxx

i'm hoping to get an early scan too...an internal is nothing to worry about chick...had them a couple of times when i mc last time xx

Yeah I had the internal too where they put the big silber 'robocock' as mu Hubby called it, inside and crank it open to see the cervix. Is it the same as that?

I have a tilted cervix so they r really painful for me.

Think we r in the same boat Samsgirl after both suffering MC and being the most scared and neurotic
ppl on here, lol, but at least we got each other eh... :)

xxxx

I had one at 8 weeks. They did it on my tummy and not internally (surprising because I am overweight and was convinced that I would have to have foof-cam). Sonographer found the uterus easily enough and we got clear pics of two blobs about the same size. One was the baby and the other was the yolk sack. Although you can't hear the heartbeat you can see the fluttering on screen. There was also a section of the screen which counted the heartbeat so you could see it was regular. At the time the embryo was no more than 1.5cm in size. The sonographer also has a good look around my overies and womb and was able to show me where my implantation bleed was and that is was being absorbed back into the uterus like a bruise.

It was a lovely experience and I really needed to see it at that point just to confirm that it was all real. Funny though it was only 3 weeks ago and am beaning myself for the 12 week scan in a weeks time as I'm starting to feel like I made it up again loooool.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get the same as well due to my history, I want one as early as is possible to see a heartbeat, is that at 8 weeks or earlier?

I had a scan at 8 weeks, done abdominally not internally. Although with my last pregnancy I had an internal and it was just a camera up the foo, not painful just uncomfortable.

Saw and heard baby's heartbeat, could even see it's head and legs :) x

Tnk 8 weeks is the earliest DITA although I may have seen one person say 6 weeks so could be wrong.

Ninja, thanks so much that was a great explanation :)

Im just dreading it even though I know if it is a gos outcome it eill be the most amazing experienc ever. The worst thing is that even if everything IS ok, things could still go wrong after that....Im starting to think Im gonna worry for 9mnths (if I get that far?!!)

Big hugs xx

I had a scan last monday and by my dates I'd have been just over 6 weeks. Couldn't see much but we did see a heartbeat.

Having said that, I've read of others who haven't seen anything till 8 weeks. I dunno if an earlier scan would do much to put your mind at rest if they didn't see a heartbeat earlier.

To be honest, I was just happy to see that there was a sac in the right place and my hcg was still high. The heartbeat was an unexpected bonus :)

Thats great bliss-oooooo FX that they see something15 days to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo x

As I said in your other thread, I had an internal at 8 weeks and baby was only the most tiny blob on the screen with a flickering for a heartbeat - its nothing compared to a further on scan where you can make out better shapes ect.

I also think it depends on your hospital wether you'll get one early or not, I know girls in my area who have had numerous miscarriges and still need to wait the normal time for a scan, with these things every area is different.

Good luck for when the time comes!

I had an internal yesterday at 8 weeks and I saw a jelly bean like shape with a heartbeat - was so worth it - will put the photo up later

i had an internal scan at 8 weeks, i have a posterior uterus so was quite uncomfortable but it was great to see the bean type thing with its little heartbeat! :D
i also had one at 6 weeks and that is literally a white spot that flickers! hehe!

Mrsmc, did your midwife refer you for scan at 6 weeks? Did u have to beg for it? I really want a scan as early as pos but scared they'll say no!

my gp reffered me hun! I always miscarried at 6 weeks so i dont know if that is why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back