jewelry wearing babies?

xrachx

Reaction score
Well we like our Jewelery and we bought Glenn a solid gold bracelet for xmas, he hasnt worn it properely yet as its still a little big (off to have it pinched at the jewelers i think) does anyone elses baby have jewelery they wear or do you disagree with it and why?
just asking as my mum reckons i shouldnt put it on as she doesnt agree with children wearing it until they are older, what does everyone else think about it?

I think baby bracelets are cute :) My gran and grandad gotwillow one when she was born-it is a D is for Diamond one,silver with a tiny diamond..she wears is on special occasions or just when we are going somewhere nice..and it'll be a lovely thing for her to have in her treasure box.

I also think little necklaces on older girls are nice,I had this gold teddy on a chain when i was about 7,it was sweet and I've kept that too.

One thing I do NOT like,however,is seeing small children and babies with their ears pierced. I just think it's a little tacky

do you know i think someone here said that in Spain when the babies are born they pierce the ears of the little girls so they can easily tell the boys from the girls! dont hold me too it but im sure it was Squig who mentioned it a few months back??

yer it is isnt it strange, i dont think it was nowadays though, it may have been years ago but its stuck in my head, i will have to ask about see if it was mentioned here.
p.s. i still have my pregnancy brain so i have prob got it wrong or dreamt it lol.

I think bracelets look cute on babies... Keeley had a bracelet brought for her but by the time it started to fit her she wouldn't wear it :wall: so its now in her memory box :)

Discussing ear piercing on this forum has always been a touchy subject :|

I'm against it for babies and toddlers :)

As for jewellery in general I agree with zebrastripes, for special occasions lovely, for everyday no. I think a bracelet could scratch or get caught, a necklace, well thats blatantly dangerous and ear rings I think are also in danger of getting caught but also are a bit unnessary. I wouldn't pierce a babies ears but a young girl yes its pretty and most girls have their ears pierced.

I agree with everyone else on this one.
Harrison has a little gold braclett it was a christening gift, but as a baby all he wanted to do was pull it off and never was comfy in just leaving it.

I don't think babies should wear jewellery all the time as it can be dangerous.

I saw a little girl about 2 years old sat in the chair at claires accesarys screaming her head off about having her ears pierced while her mum held her down, i didn't think that was fair or right.

I agree with lou.

And :shock: at the 2 year old being held down to get her ears pierced! If I was 2 and had just had one ear pierced, I wouldn't want the other done either! It's cruel in my opinion.

id love to get hope a lovely braclet, but never founf one i like, as for the ear piercing im not going to comment :lol:

I'm not keen. Just don't like the way it looks. A baby is so perfect and pure and doesn't need adornment.

Just my opinion :)

Minxy said:
I'm not keen. Just don't like the way it looks. A baby is so perfect and pure and doesn't need adornment.

Just my opininon :)

I agree. Thea has lots of jewellery bought buy other people and she has never had any of it on at all. Its never left the boxes. I just dont like it on babies and on toddlers it just seems dangerous. Id honestly never even contemplate buying her jewellery myself, other than perhaps one of the amber teething necklaces i've been hearing good things about.

I personally don't like jewellery on babies but thats just my opinion. :hug:

My MIL wanted to buy Matilda a necklace with a 'eye' on it (to ward of the evil eye!) and I said NO, I didnt want her wearing it as it would be dangerous and she could choke on it or strangle herself. Had to give in with a brooch type thingy as its tradition here.
When she's baptised she will be given loads of jewellery as that is also tradition here and then I will let her wear her special cross on special occasions but she will be over a year old by then.

I'd be worried at such a young age as soon everything will be going into his mouth and what if he managed to choke on it, sorry jus my opinion

I think a bracelet is fine for a young child on special occasions but not for everyday wear.

Necklaces - No just cos I think it's not very safe.

Ears pierced... No, not even when I have a little girl, I could NOT sit and watch my baby in pain just for my own vanity, I think it's cruel. There is absolutely no need to do it IMO. As soon as she was old enough to ask though I'd let her (around 7-8), as long as she knew she would have to look after them properly herself and it would hurt at first.

:D

Minxy said:

Just my opinion :)

I completely agree... I hate to see amy sort of jewellery on a baby or small child..I think its dangerous and just doesnt look nice!

I think the silver keepsake bracelets are nice...but for only that..as a keepsake.

I don't think any of it looks right tbh. I think if a child wants it done, they should be old enough to make the choice themself. Like religion, which is why we didn't christen Ryan. But that's a whole other conversation.

Try getting my boyfriend on that one,he's a Mennonite ( albeit a strange one)

I'm not a fan of jewellery on a baby either

zebrastripes said:
Try getting my boyfriend on that one,he's a Mennonite ( albeit a strange one)

Sorry for going off subject but...

Lou, whats a mennonite???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back