jewelry wearing babies?

neeko_1 said:
lou said:
heles7 said:
mummykay said:
jewellery is a personal parenting preference - the same way bottlefeeding and breastfeeding clash - it is all down the parent at the end of the day

I have no prob with ppl havin their babes wear jewellery, nor do I have a prob with ppl who have different parentin routines to me

everyone agree to disagree :lol:

It might be personal parenting preference but I am really struggling to see how this can be compared with feeding choices.

While breastfeeding is arguably the better option for many babies; bottle feeding doesn't cause pain and doesn't put the baby at risk in the way that wearing ear rings can. Whichever feeding option a person chooses; to feed is essential. To pierce ears is not essential for the health and well being of baby/child.

I see where you are coming from and I agree.

Really it is true that earrings are dangerous for babies to wear and theres no doubt that the piercing part causes pain. Its just some people think its worth the pain and risk because it looks pretty and others think its not worth the pain and risk for whatever reason.

But like we keep saying....'just my opinion' :)

well when nay got her ears done she cried for 3 mintues and then she was fine :D she didn't know anything about pain... it was like getting her jabs done, if anything she cried more :?
i really don't see the big deal her, this is not child abuse you know :roll: your making it seem much wosre :(

and it's not all about looking pretty, i got my ears done when i was 3months too and i'm not upset about it. i got a second lot of piercing when i was much older and that flipping hurt.

I have a feeling nay would not be as easy to console if the earing got ripped out. In saying that, this could also happen to 12 year old.

I just am so uneasy with the danger aspect after the peircing but if like other posters say, it a personal parenting choice then so be it. It just wouldnt be mine.

lauramumof2 said:
Rachel21 said:
It really upsets me to see babies with pierced ears. What upsets me most about it is if I were to pierce my cats ears Id be taken to court to death.

I peirced my shaun the sheep, backpack ears. :oops:
I was 21. :oops: :oops:

I had one of those too! I coloured the top of mines head with pink and blue marker pens. He was a punk sheep... The shame :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Really roomy for a stuffed toy bag though.

Lola doesn't have any jewellery because i don't think it looks that nice on babies. I don't really wear much jewellery myself only a necklace with a very small diamond so this is maybe why i'm not really a fan!

I had my ears pierced when i was a few weeks old but i would never pierce my daughters ears because i think it is her choice not mine. If she wants them done when she's old enough to make a responsible decsion then she can.

I'd rather put a pretty dress on her to make her look nice :D

Lola's Mummy said:
Lola doesn't have any jewellery because i don't think it looks that nice on babies. I don't really wear much jewellery myself only a necklace with a very small diamond so this is maybe why i'm not really a fan!

I had my ears pierced when i was a few weeks old but i would never pierce my daughters ears because i think it is her choice not mine. If she wants them done when she's old enough to make a responsible decsion then she can.

I'd rather put a pretty dress on her to make her look nice :D

Thats how I would feel if I had a little girl I'm sure :) I also don't wear alot of jewellery either. Just earrings. Used to have my nose pierced but took it our years ago. I wonder if the mums who have their babies ear pierced wear alot of jewellery themselves? :think:

my friends mum is covered in tattoos and piercings but my mate is totally put off havin them haha :lol:

Arianna has 2 bracelets and 2 necklaces that were gifts for her 1st birthday but she doesnt wear any of them yet, mainly as I dont like it, and another I'd be scared they fell off and got lost.

I hate the baby ear piercing thing.... but it is everyones own choice

I have a few piercings. 14mm lobes, my nose and my lip done twice and my tounge. I did have more but I took them out. I wasnt allowed any piercings untill I was 18. If my daughter wants hers pierced she will have to wait untill shes old enough to have them pierced with a needle. Piercing guns are alot more painfull as its a blunt stud being forced into your skin and can cause tissue damage.
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Piercing_Gun
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Piercing_Studs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back