jewelry wearing babies?

gymbabeliz said:
in indian culture baby girls get their ears pierced as babies. Mine will be half-indian,(on OHs side) but i wont get her ears pierced, even if its expected by the in-laws, i think it looks horrible on babies. I'll wait until she is old enough to want them done.

Good on you for not going against your morals and feelings. Just because its a cultural tradition doesn't make it hurt any less!

:|

im not keen on the jewellery thing at all :?

Beth has been given silver braclets (when she was a baby , she 6 now) but i just put them away. My mum bought her one and kept hassling me to put it on her , but i just said she didnt like it :roll:

I would never have a LO's ears pierced either. As someone said, it can look a little chavvy and i think its cruel! My mum made me have mine done when i was 6 and that was bad enough. I didnt want them done and it hurt, i couldnt look after them, they went all gunky and had to be taken out........

its for that reason i wont be letting Beth get hers done yet. She's on about getting them pierced, but ive told her she can wait until she's at least 8 or 9, then we'll see.

Even at her age theyre a pain cos they have to take them out for PE at school anyway, so even if they healed up ok, im sure she'd be forever losing her earings!!

I think schools should maybe ban ear piercings for kids under the age of say 12. What do you think? :think:

lou said:
I think schools should maybe ban ear piercings for kids under the age of say 12. What do you think? :think:

It would suit me........Its seeing her mates with their ears pierced thats made her keep going on about it :roll: Like i said, shes only 6!

The schools forever sending home letters saying "may we remind you that if your child has pierced ears, earings must be removed for PE"...

Thyre obviously having a problem with it.

Abigail has a silver D for Diamond bangle and I love it.

My DH uncle bought it for her and I was realy touched that a single man could have got such a thoughtful pressie. The card said it was her first diamond and he hoped she got many more....awww!!

Jonah got a solid silver bookmark. That card said it was to mark the pages of the books he'd read, to become a great person.... :cheer:

I don't like jewelery on babies, especially boys.

my mum brought Willow a silver bracelet with her name inscribed on it she doesent wear everyday though only every now and then.

I think silver bracelets for Christening are ok, I had one and I've kept it and love looking at how tiny it is :)

However, pierced ears on children just makes them look like bonafide PIKEYS! :| Im not a fan... :lol:

This subject arises periodically and often causes fireworks :lol:

Everyone has their opinions but can I just suggest we all think before posting words like chav and pikey.

No matter what we think, people have already posted how their children wear jewellery and I've seen this thing descend into messiness before. Ta :D

lou said:

Blimey my sister had her belly button done by that age. She's 14 now and has 4 belly button piercings, her nose done, and 6 different ear piercings.

I think my mum is far too soft!

Hiya,

First time in this section!

In the Argos catalogue there is a Dinky section - jewellery for babies!

I like the idea but like some of the others have said, I'm not sure about necklaces.. Sounds dangerous?!

I'm sure a bracelet can't hurt though!! xx

I had my ears pierced at 5 but I asked my mum, I dont have a problem with piercings as I have quite a few, but i just dont like them on babies.

If Imogen at 5 asks for her ears pierced then she an have them done, but bosy piercings she can wait till shes 15/16.

Stephen however is not having a ear piercing as I dont like lads with them.

Kina said:
lou said:

Blimey my sister had her belly button done by that age. She's 14 now and has 4 belly button piercings, her nose done, and 6 different ear piercings.

how does she manage to get a peircer to do that? I thought it was illegal till they were 18. I had to take i.d to get my tongue done and that was last year (i was 30 :oops: )

lauramumof2 said:
Kina said:
lou said:

how does she manage to get a peircer to do that? I thought it was illegal till they were 18. I had to take i.d to get my tongue done and that was last year (i was 30 :oops: )

There are ways. I got a tattoo a few days after my 17th birthday.................with my mums permission :shock: :shock: If Dan asked me for one at that age the answer would be a def NO!

Misslarue said:
lauramumof2 said:
Kina said:
lou said:

There are ways. I got a tattoo a few days after my 17th birthday.................with my mums permission :shock: :shock: If Dan asked me for one at that age the answer would be a def NO!

yeah, like if your mum had said no you would have said 'okay mum'
Dont lie to me now :talkhand: :rotfl:

lauramumof2 said:
Misslarue said:
lauramumof2 said:
Kina said:
lou said:

yeah, like if your mum had said no you would have said 'okay mum'
Dont lie to me now :talkhand: :rotfl:

no of course not...............................honest :shhh: :wink: :lol:

Me and my best mate went and got them together but she never told her mum. She was so scared she started crying telling her mum she had something bad to tell her. Obviously her mum was worried sick thinking she was pregnant or on drugs. She was actually relieved when she bent over, pulled her trousers down and showed her the little devil tattooed on her ar$e!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The place where my sister got her piercings were fine with a letter and mum also went with her for some of them :shock: She's the youngest child and has been allowed to get away with the most so far though :talkhand:

I had my ears pierced when I was a baby and I dont remember a thing :wink: I wont be getting Maddisons ears done until she asks for it though :D

We bought Maddison a bracelet we got engraved for Christmas but she doesnt wear it, its just for her memory box :D

We got Harrison a bracelet with some of the money people gave us when he was born, its engraved with his name on. He doesn't wear it and I'm sure if he did it would be off in a matter of mins. Its in his memory box.
As for ear piercings, well I wont be getting Harrison's done, some boys do have one done but it looks vile when babies!! He can decide when he's older and if I had a girl I'm not sure what I'd do. I had mine done when i was 15 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back