Just read this lovely poem and thought I would share it ....

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
"A Pair of Shoes"

I am wearing a pair of shoes.
They are ugly shoes.
Uncomfortable shoes.
I hate my shoes.
Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair.
Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step.
Yet, I continue to wear them.
I get funny looks wearing these shoes.
They are looks of sympathy.
I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs.
They never talk about my shoes.
To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable.
To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them.
But, once you put them on, you can never take them off.
I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes.
There are many pairs in this world.
Some woman are like me and ache daily as they try and walk in them.
Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as much.
Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt.
No woman deserves to wear these shoes.
Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman.
These shoes have given me the strength to face anything.
They have made me who I am.
I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has lost a child.

I will never buy a new pair of shoes without thinking of this now but it does sum up how I am feeling - my shoes are still at the giving me blisters stage!!!! :(

that is a lovely poem thank you
it really does sum it up :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
all i can say is that you think the pain is going that it can come back at with avengence...look after yourself

so true and a really good way of describing how it feels thanks for sharing ROM

:hug: :hug:

Sharne what an amazing sight your test is!!!! Everyone who spends hours looking at faint lines should see that and realise when you have a line its definately a line!! So so pleased for you - hope you have packed your pair of shoes to the back of your wardrobe :D x x x

I know its mad huh? that line last week was a bit faint and now a week later it nearly exploded off the test I hope its a good sign.

Lets just say i've taken my shoes off and given them a resole and a polish for now ;)

xx

Hope you're doing ok hon??

x

Oh I'm up and down to be honest but I have another scan and appointment with the consultant tomorrow and hopefully another chance to get some answers I seem to so desparately need. I'm finding the smallest things are really getting to me but I suspect this is all quite normal under the circumstances. Just want to actually know when I got pregnant - god only knows why it has become so important to me but for some reason it is there eating away at me all the time...... :( We thought we had a chemical pregnancy ending in the middle of September and then an early loss around 6 weeks in October but now I am wondering if I had been pregnant since my August cycle after all........ I got a letter from the consultant that she had sent to my doctor this morning and it contains all the measurements of our fetus and sac but in all honesty I am not sure when it died and therefore stopped growing..... Everyone keeps on telling me it doesnt matter when the baby actually was conceived but to me it does - I just want to know ......... :wall: The more they say it doesnt matter the more it does and its making it hard for me to move on......

Anyway honey sorry again for another rant - I'm usually such a cheerful person and that line of yours really made me smile :D

I hope yo get the answers you need hon, its nice to have them answered feels lke you xan relax a bit more eh?

xx

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back