Baby Wearing

tezzy said:
do you have a piccy of it???
I cant show you a pic yet because its a custom BH, i just chose the fabrics.
Here are the fabrics though.

Olive straps
olive.jpg

words of love panel
memoriesandmilestones.jpg

Cherries on white panel
1015006408001.jpg

the cherries panel is corduroy material.

just ordered a new carrier
Its another babyhawk with olive straps and the words of love print on one side reversing to the cherries on white print on the other

What a great choice, although I found it sooo difficult because there are so many fab designs, keep going back and seeing more I like!
Still patiently waiting the arrival of mine, the postman must think I've got a crush on him because I'm always waiting for him and fling the door open excitedly :pray: BRING ME MY BABYHAWK!

ooo! the patterns look lovely!

we need pics when it arrives :D

Ooh that's nice Mel.

I received my kari-me last week :cheer: I thought I was going to struggle with it but it's surprisingly easy to use :D Wish I'd done this sooner.

hey girls. ive been meaning to post this for a while.

i really struggle to get her on my back n our mei tei. does anyone have any suggestions? alice finds it VERY funny though and cracks up the whole time. It just seems to take loads of adjusting to get her feeling 'safe' and even then im not sure if she is too high. How high/low is best?

anyone made any new purchases? ive been very good and not even looked. although at the moment i can't use ours because it hurts me to carry alice to much still :( im hoping on friday when the stiches come out il be ok.

Ok for me to help you both properly can you take a photo of the lo's on your back so i can see what you are doing and help you correct it if you need too :)

It can feel really weird when you first wear a baby on your back though. Sometimes the carry is right its just that you arent used to the feeling so it feels wrong if that makes sense.

If its the tying while baby is your back because they are a wiggler and wont lay down over your back for you to bring up the MT then you could try the hip scoot method.
Have a look here for photo instructions http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/m ... on%20back/

cool. thank you so much

as soon as i can, i will take a pic, but it is going to have to wait till my stiches are removed :(

thank you so much Melanie!! :hug:

just thought i would join in on this thread being a baby wearer too. i have a bara barn ring sling, i did have a sybella mei tai but did not get on with it.

i read this entire thread today - took about 20mins - lots of information but can someone tell me - very simply - which would be the best sling to start with - i have never been a baby wearer before even though this is my 4th. I am 5ft (does that even matter) and would like one that fulfills these requirements
1. very easy to put on - i'm a bit thick about those kinds of things
2. can use it to bfeed disreetly
3. will leave my arms free (remember 1 have 3 other kids)
4. easy to wash/dry in machine/tumble dryer - never hand wash if you can help it - thats the mantra of my life
any advise would be helpful
thanks thanks thanks (in anticipation fo course)

i would say a ring sling then, as the long bit of the sling can be used to cover up while breast feeding, plus its very easy to wash and dry.

no tieing etc so easy to put on, but i may be biased as i prefer them :rotfl:

actually - it was the ring sling i was looking at - but i think there are 2 different types - ordinary and padded - which one do you have??

i have a normal one, as long as u spread the material over your whole shoulder its very comfy. and dries quicker when washing.

which make one were u looking at?

i'm not sure - i have looked at loads and ended up more confused by the end :wall: - it was on ebay - i would need to have another look but everytime i go on there i end up buying something :shhh: i am totally happy for someone else to take the decision for me :rotfl: i am so fed up thinking about it and i know i'll end up getting none if i keep on like this

whats the most u want to pay for one? and any preference for colour?

about £20/30 (30 tops) - don't really care about colour - not cream someone said everyone thought she had a broken arm with a cream one :rotfl:

yey more baby wearers!!

i don't own a ring sling, but ive heard nothing but good things. let us know what you decide to get in the end :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back