Baby Wearing

Have a few now, I can recommend Freedom Slings, she sells on Ebay...she does a basic un padded ring sling for £ 15.99 & £2 p&P inc disc for computer for using. My mum has one, and got me one for my birthday, its dead easy and Ruby loves it. Machine washable too. I will find a link...hang on....

I have a couple of ring slings and i would always recommend an unpadded rather than a padded. I hate my padded sling. I have the smallest size but as im only 5ft it just doesn't alter quite as much as i need it to so it gets uncomfortable quickly. You dont have that problem with an unpadded sling because there is nothing to stop you pulling on the fabric to shorten its length, you just end up with a longer tail which comes in handy for discreet feeding.

brilliant links ladies - thanks - it was the freedom sling i had spotted so maybe i'll get one of those - just going to have a browse once i get mt dd out of the bath :shock:

Wooooohoooooo my Mei Tai has finally arrived....'only' too 3.5 weeks :roll:
So, as long as I can get Libby to stop screaming when I put her in it I'll be a newbie baby-wearer :cheer:

Any tips girls, she doesn't like having her legs stretched in it, so its obviously not comfy for her?

Libby is still little enough to be in the froggy position in your MT hun.
Instead of spreading her legs, draw them up towards her stomach so that they arent hanging out of the MT at all. Remember to tie the MT so the knot is directly on her back not under her bum and make sure its very secure. If you dont get what i mean because im crap at explaining things let me know and ill see if i can find some better explanations on the net.

Thanks Melanie :hug:
I tried her in it like you suggested, not sure about how her feet should lay in it though...she was in it for 5 minutes, then had a bawl so I took her out.....might just wait until she's 4 months to carry her on my front.
She seemed fine on my hip :D

05072007538.jpg

05072007542.jpg

ooo!!! you've got the same one as me! same pattern and everything :D

alice loves walking round the shops in hers... more to look at

Sounds like Libby is just like Thea, she prefered hip carries when she was little too. Try her on your hip out of the house, just a ten minute walk will do and then try moving her to the front and going back out. With some babies its just a gradual building up process that works.
In the froggie postion her feet should be level with her bum, it wasnt a position i used for very long witrh Thea but i know it works really well for lots of babies.

I'm going to try that Melanie, as she's usually happier when outside anyway.....& in a sling we can both fit under the big brolly :lol: I think on the hip she finds it easier to look around.....which is her fave pastime.

Sam - we both have excellent taste :D

Someone was asking about ringslings the other day - well here they have a sale they are only £15!!!

http://www.sybela.com/ringslings.html

I love my ring sling - so quick and easy but not ideal for long carries I prefer ring slings for popping in and out of the car and being in the house, I need a 2 shouldered carry for anything longer so have a Nuzzli for that ( Amongst others! LOL)

ooo! must buy one. just convincing OH to buy me a pink one now :lol:

cheers for the link!!!!

Hey I just bought a freedom sling too :lol: I am a newbie baby wearer! Ignore my ticker by the way, I have not had time with a two week old to sort a new one yet, maybe my new freedom sling will help :rotfl:

hi glow - just read your message about the freedom sling- i got one as well but i dont have a baby to try it in yet - let me know how you get on with it :D
congatulations on the bith of your baby

i love nuzzli slings, shame the company was sold to some one else. may get a custom made one is shes feeling generous :dance:

I have NUZZLI!!!!!!!! It is fab! By far the comfiest Mei Tai I have worn..... it was a custom job black dragon brocade on gold silk with black straps! I will try and get a pic sorted when PC isn't playing up!

Hi. I just got my maya ringsling for my 3 month old. been trying the kangaroo position but was worried about circulation in her legs. Does anyone know anything about this?

Grace is over 4 months and I still put her in the kangeroo position and she loves it.............

I am sure she will let me know when it gets uncomfortable :dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back