jewelry wearing babies?

neeko_1 said:
lou said:
[quote="neeko_1":1ukac0ez]
lou said:
[quote="neeko_1":1ukac0ez]renee has a bracelet and she has her ears pierced to.

i think they look cute on babies..

my cousin aiyana had not got her ears done. she's 8 months

:shock:

what's for the :shock: ??

:shock: is for Renee and Aiyana having their ears pierced so young. Sorry I should have elaborated.[/quote:1ukac0ez]

oh ok :roll: well aiyanna has NOT got them done, as i said and i suppose it's all personal choice at the end

:lol:[/quote:1ukac0ez]

Sorry hun I didnt even read it properly :roll: take no notice of me :roll:

:D

i like a bit of jewellery, on people of all ages, but i wouldnt dress melissa in any simply because she pulls things. she would snap a bracelet or necklace and she would pull earrings out. i cant wear them myself anymore :(

I had mine done when I was a baby and it never done me any harm, but I chose not to pierce my own kids ears until they were old enough to ask for it.

Just personal choice as said!

The choice is there because it is a choice, otherwise it would be a blackmarket thing and people would be hiding their kids pierced ears when out in public :lol:

So yes....agree to disagree :D 8)

mummykay said:
jewellery is a personal parenting preference - the same way bottlefeeding and breastfeeding clash - it is all down the parent at the end of the day

I have no prob with ppl havin their babes wear jewellery, nor do I have a prob with ppl who have different parentin routines to me

everyone agree to disagree :lol:

It might be personal parenting preference but I am really struggling to see how this can be compared with feeding choices.

While breastfeeding is arguably the better option for many babies; bottle feeding doesn't cause pain and doesn't put the baby at risk in the way that wearing ear rings can. Whichever feeding option a person chooses; to feed is essential. To pierce ears is not essential for the health and well being of baby/child.

heles7 said:
While breastfeeding is arguably the better option for many babies; bottle feeding doesn't cause pain and doesn't put the baby at risk in the way that wearing ear rings can. Whichever feeding option a person chooses; to feed is essential. To pierce ears is not essential for the health and well being of baby/child.

not your choice when its other peoples babies is it tho? :think:

well forgive me for not preachin on how all the mums on here should be raising their kids :lol:

I don't see how this is a discussion anymore, its like saying "Chocolate ice cream is the best flavour" because some will agree, some don't, what is there to discuss :think:

Its neither here nor there.... you do, you don't...

i think a little bracelet/bangle would look nice, but for special occasions and not like everyday wear...

NEcklases i think wuld be dangerous...could get caught or pulled etc

As for earings....i had mine done about 6 cos i nagged my mum and the did go funny...my backing went into the back of my ear etc....i have had them done 3 times in each ear now lol...last 2 at 19 lol

I dont think i would get a bracelt for a boy but i probably would for a girl....depending on OH's views

heles7 said:
mummykay said:
jewellery is a personal parenting preference - the same way bottlefeeding and breastfeeding clash - it is all down the parent at the end of the day

I have no prob with ppl havin their babes wear jewellery, nor do I have a prob with ppl who have different parentin routines to me

It might be personal parenting preference but I am really struggling to see how this can be compared with feeding choices.

I see where you are coming from and I agree.

Really it is true that earrings are dangerous for babies to wear and theres no doubt that the piercing part causes pain. Its just some people think its worth the pain and risk because it looks pretty and others think its not worth the pain and risk for whatever reason.

But like we keep saying....'just my opinion' :)

I just keep thinking about their wee ear and how they would look if an earing got ripped through their wee lobes. urrggghh. Now that would not look cute.

They are so grabby especially when young.

not your choice when its other peoples babies is it tho? :think:

well forgive me for not preachin on how all the mums on here should be raising their kids :lol:[/quote]

I'm not really clear what you're saying about choices here tbh. I'm sorry you think my post is 'preachin' but what I actually mean is, I fail to see how two very different debates are comparable.

lou said:
heles7 said:
mummykay said:

Really it is true that earrings are dangerous for babies to wear and theres no doubt that the piercing part causes pain. Its just some people think its worth the pain and risk because it looks pretty and others think its not worth the pain and risk for whatever reason.

well when nay got her ears done she cried for 3 mintues and then she was fine :D she didn't know anything about pain... it was like getting her jabs done, if anything she cried more :?
i really don't see the big deal her, this is not child abuse you know :roll: your making it seem much wosre :(

and it's not all about looking pretty, i got my ears done when i was 3months too and i'm not upset about it. i got a second lot of piercing when i was much older and that flipping hurt.

heles7 said:
I'm not really clear what you're saying about choices here tbh. I'm sorry you think my post is 'preachin' but what I actually mean is, I fail to see how two very different debates are comparable.

I think what mummykay is trying to say is that both subjects are down to the individual parent's decision... I can see by her posts that she isn't comparing the subjects in relation to necessity, more by the choice.

I think we can all agree that it is not necessary to pierce ears, but it is a preference.

Like neeko said, it isn't abuse and therefore, I really think this subject should be closed to opinion now as it is getting very petty and childish.

These children aren't in danger and I'm sure we have covered every possible angle on opinions here and now that all voices have been heard and accepted, I think it is time to call it a day :(

At the end of the day, we're all going to become parents - and this forum was created as a support system for questions, fears, exciting moments etc... I'm sure it wasn't created for a playground.

It's not nice to have bad vibes on here :( We're all family now!!

xx

It really upsets me to see babies with pierced ears. What upsets me most about it is if I were to pierce my cats ears Id be taken to court and all sorts and not be able to look after animals again. But its legal to pierce a babies ears who is as helpless and as nonconsenting as my cat.
Babies are beautiful because they are so innocent and pure. Piercing ears and wearing jewellery are things for much older children IMO. Let babies be babies, they have their whole lives to decide if they want holes in their ears. Another thing that worries me is a girl I knows 8 month old almost choked on an earing she had pulled out of her ear. She was not only left with a slightly odd looking ear lobe but if no one was there (Like during the night) then she could of choked to death.

I agree that there are risks involved. I personally wouldn't choose to pierce my children's ears but I can understand both sides and therefore haven't voiced what I would choose to do until now...

I am being more defensive towards women who choose to do this as some women have already made that decision and posted that they have and should definitely not be judged as a parent because of it IMO.

...I do accept and completely understand that children are pure but I think this is being taken a little too far "helpless and as nonconsenting" IMO.

Women who choose to pierce their children's ears are not putting their children in direct danger (although, like I've said, there is always a risk) - but there is also a risk with small toys being swallowed etc. With babies, there are always risks.

If the child decides that it's not for them and they do not want their pierced ears anymore, they can take them out. It isn't like they'll be scarred for life and need councelling to get over the pain and torment of having 2 little holes in their ears. Holes close up and wounds heal.

I think it's great that we all have different opinions and we can share our thoughts, I'm just worried that this will turn nasty and people will get hurt by certain comments :(

x

Rachel21 said:
It really upsets me to see babies with pierced ears. What upsets me most about it is if I were to pierce my cats ears Id be taken to court .

:roll:

neeko_1 said:
lou said:
heles7 said:
mummykay said:

While breastfeeding is arguably the better option for many babies; bottle feeding doesn't cause pain and doesn't put the baby at risk in thdebate way that wearing ear rings can. Whichever feeding option a person chooses; to feed is essential. To pierce ears is not essential for the health and well being of baby/child.

well when nay got her ears done she cried for 3 mintues and then she was fine :D she didn't know anything about pain... it was like getting her jabs done, if anything she cried more :?
i really don't see the big deal her, this is not child abuse you know :roll: your making it seem much wosre :(

and it's not all about looking pretty, i got my ears done when i was 3months too and i'm not upset about it. i got a second lot of piercing when i was much older and that flipping hurt.

I hated seeing Isaac in pain when he has his jabs. Made me really upset. I wouldn't make him feel that pain just so he can have earrings. And if its not all about looking pretty what is it about then? :think: I'm not trying to make it sound worse thatn it is, I'm just telling it how it is. If anything you are trying to play it down I think.

Rachel21 said:
It really upsets me to see babies with pierced ears. What upsets me most about it is if I were to pierce my cats ears Id be taken to court to death.

I peirced my shaun the sheep, backpack ears. :oops:
I was 21. :oops: :oops:

lou said:
neeko_1 said:
lou said:
heles7 said:
mummykay said:

While breastfeeding is arguably the better option for many babies; bottle feeding doesn't cause pain and doesn't put the baby at risk in thdebate way that wearing ear rings can. Whichever feeding option a person chooses; to feed is essential. To pierce ears is not essential for the health and well being of baby/child.

I hated seeing Isaac in pain when he has his jabs. Made me really upset. I wouldn't make him feel that pain just so he can have earrings. And if its not all about looking pretty what is it about then? :think: I'm not trying to make it sound worse thatn it is, I'm just telling it how it is. If anything you are trying to play it down I think.

i really can't be asked anymore. i'm completely fine with babies having there ears pierced and nay is fine with hers and so i'm

we will just have to agree to disagree :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back