jewelry wearing babies?

I think 14 is far to young to have body piercings or tattoos and I would be seriously worried about what other laws or procedures that parlour is breaking or over looking just to make a few quid :think: No tattoo or piercing parlour would do anything to a child, because at 14 thats what she was, because if they have any morals or standards they would refuse the custom and stick to working on adults who know their own mind.

Thats really shocked me. When I had my tattoo I had to sign a declaration to say I was over 18. There was no mention of my mum signing it :shock: and I'm sure body piercing is the same isn't it? :think:

I had my nose pierced when I was 14, but my mum had to come with me and sign a form to give her consent.
My parents were never bothered by piercings, my mum had her own nose pierced not long afterwards.

Well I tell you what if my anybody pierced or tattooed my child under the age of 18 I'd sue them for ABH. Seriously I would :x

And what is all this about parents giving permission? :roll: ok a body piercing isn't permanent, even though they tend to leave a hole :shock: when removed I don't understand why a parent would give permission for it? Once they are 18 they can do it without permission and theres obviously a reason for that....because they are children and too young to make the decision for themselves for gods sake!!!! :roll:

lou said:
I think 14 is far to young to have body piercings or tattoos and I would be seriously worried about what other laws or procedures that parlour is breaking or over looking just to make a few quid :think: No tattoo or piercing parlour would do anything to a child, because at 14 thats what she was, because if they have any morals or standards they would refuse the custom and stick to working on adults who know their own mind.

I think you have misunderstood the tattoo story. I was 17 not 14 and although I had my mothers consent, she didn't come with me and have to sign anything................................where I'm from, tattoo parlours are not full of law abiding, good, moral pillars of the community! :wink: :lol:
He simply asked if I was 18 and I of course confirmed that I was :roll:

Obviously is was bad parenting on my mothers behalf, but from a women who smoked around her kids constantly and fed them a daily diet of fried chips, it isn't a complete shock!
Lauras right though, if she had said no, I still would have done it. I was 17, young and stupid. Like I said in my pervious post, if Dan come and asked me at 17 if he could get one, my answer would be a huge NO WAY!
(now get to your room, you're grounded for even thinking about it! :rotfl: )

xrachx said:
Well we like our Jewelery and we bought Glenn a solid gold bracelet for xmas, he hasnt worn it properely yet as its still a little big (off to have it pinched at the jewelers i think) does anyone elses baby have jewelery they wear or do you disagree with it and why?
just asking as my mum reckons i shouldnt put it on as she doesnt agree with children wearing it until they are older, what does everyone else think about it?

xrachx was asking about babies/children anyway, not teenagers, and I think its quite common for tattoos and body piercings to be found on under 18's..incidently I got my tattoo at under 18, but my piercings after 18 :D I do agree these parlours should follow the no under 18's law though :roll:

Misslarue said:
lou said:

I think you have misunderstood the tattoo story. I was 17 not 14 and although I had my mothers consent, she didn't come with me and have to sign anything................................where I'm from, tattoo parlours are not full of law abiding, good, moral pillars of the community! :wink: :lol:
He simply asked if I was 18 and I of course confirmed that I was :roll:

Obviously is was bad parenting on my mothers behalf, but from a women who smoked around her kids constantly and fed them a daily diet of fried chips, it isn't a complete shock!
Lauras right though, if she had said no, I still would have done it. I was 17, young and stupid. Like I said in my pervious post, if Dan come and asked me at 17 if he could get one, my answer would be a huge NO WAY!
(now get to your room, you're grounded for even thinking about it! :rotfl: )

I was just ranting in general hun. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular or anyones parents specifically. I know what you mean about tattoo/ piercing parlours being full of not-so-law-abiding people but I think them parlours should be avoided like the plague. I had my tattoo done at a studio where you aren't even allowed to eat and drink on the premises. Its clean, well presented and full of talented tattooist's and people who seriously love tattoo's. (You won't find anyone having a cheesy bulldog or england flag being done) :)

And redshoes I appreciate that the thread was initially about children and babies but these threads expand into a wider scope of discussion and we are only following the natural path of the topic, just as you would if we were sat around having a coffee chatting about it :wink: Also we all know its common for under 18's to get piercings and tattoo's underage but it doesn't make it right. I think the parlours should be more responsible and parents should ne more like parents and respect that the law is there for a good reason and stop trying to be their kids 'mates' and let them have piercings and tattoo's done just so their kids think they are cool. They aren't cool, they are push over's in my eyes :roll:

my friends daughter got her belly button pierced last year at age 12 :shock:
Georgia is 11 & a half, there is noooo way shes getting it done!
i will admit though Georgia had her ears perced at nearly 3 years :shock: i cringe now when i think of it, i was young and very stupid at the time, but now i look down on things like that (hypocrite really :( )
i have grown up now & am if anything too responsible!!!

there is no was i would ever let Josh or Louie have their ears peirced.
Louie has got a silver bangle though that i bought him to wear to my Sisters wedding last May.

lou said:
Well I tell you what if my anybody pierced or tattooed my child under the age of 18 I'd sue them for ABH. Seriously I would :x

And what is all this about parents giving permission? :roll: ok a body piercing isn't permanent, even though they tend to leave a hole :shock: when removed I don't understand why a parent would give permission for it? Once they are 18 they can do it without permission and theres obviously a reason for that....because they are children and too young to make the decision for themselves for gods sake!!!! :roll:

I agree with you that's she was far too young, I was mad about it. I had my belly button done at 16 at a tattoo parlour, definately not something I'd recommend (first needle he tried to use was blunt!).

I don't think the age limit should be 18, there are people on this forum that are younger than that and having children (and lets face it what's a piercing when you're most likely going to be stitched from arse to elbow and your foo will never be the same again!).

Kina said:
lou said:

I agree with you that's she was far too young, I was mad about it. I had my belly button done at 16 at a tattoo parlour, definately not something I'd recommend (first needle he tried to use was blunt!).

I don't think the age limit should be 18, there are people on this forum that are younger than that and having children (and lets face it what's a piercing when you're most likely going to be stitched from arse to elbow and your foo will never be the same again!).

:rotfl: Well when you put it nicely like that.... :rotfl:

I agree, I'm just being all mumsy about it :roll:

I had my ears pierced when I was 9 and my bellybutton pierced when I was 14. My Mum was fine about the ears but not too keen on the bellybutton, eventually she let me have it done. I had it done at a reputable salon and had no probs whatsoever. I had to have my mum with me and sign the consent form though as I was under 18.
Most girls in my year had theirs pierced too :?

I think kids are growing up younger these days, I'd say they should have to be 7 for their ears pierced and 11 for any other piercings. At 11 they are at secondary school, and are growing up..starting periods etc. It's their body afterall.

I cannot stand to see poor babies with they ears pierced, and mothers saying they had it done because 'it looks cute' is just rediculous. The baby could easily rip the earring our, and of course there is the risk of infection. Not to mention the fact that it looks super chavvy. I feel sorry for babies that have it done to be honest - it's cruel!

Sally+Baby said:
I had my ears pierced when I was 9 and my bellybutton pierced when I was 14. My Mum was fine about the ears but not too keen on the bellybutton, eventually she let me have it done. I had it done at a reputable salon and had no probs whatsoever. I had to have my mum with me and sign the consent form though as I was under 18.
Most girls in my year had theirs pierced too :?

I think kids are growing up younger these days, I'd say they should have to be 7 for their ears pierced and 11 for any other piercings. At 11 they are at secondary school, and are growing up..starting periods etc. It's their body afterall.

I cannot stand to see poor babies with they ears pierced, and mothers saying they had it done because 'it looks cute' is just rediculous. The baby could easily rip the earring our, and of course there is the risk of infection. Not to mention the fact that it looks super chavvy. I feel sorry for babies that have it done to be honest - it's cruel!

Its swings and roundabouts thought isn't it? I think an 11 year old with a belly piercing is 'chavvy' so its a matter of opinion. I had my period when I was 10, technically that means my body is ready to reproduce but that doesn't make a 10 year old getting pregnant ok does it? Saying an 11 year old child is 'growing up' is true but saying 'its their body afterall' I can't accept because they are still minors and do not know their own minds. Its down to parents to make the decisions for children until they are old enough to decide for themselves and that is many many years older than 11 in my opinion :wink:

haha i'd like to see most of your reactions (and mine) when we have a stroppy teenager kicking and screaming because you say no to a nose piercing and the like. :roll:

I agree with tattoos being a no no for a teen, I'd like to think i'd say no for a piercing but i don't see it as being as bad as a tattoo, they can be removed. Depends on what my child was like at that age, whether I thought they were mature enough to understand how to look after it etc.

Sweetcheeks24 said:
haha i'd like to see most of your reactions (and mine) when we have a stroppy teenager kicking and screaming because you say no to a nose piercing and the like. :roll:

I agree with tattoos being a no no for a teen, I'd like to think i'd say no for a piercing but i don't see it as being as bad as a tattoo, they can be removed. Depends on what my child was like at that age, whether I thought they were mature enough to understand how to look after it etc.

:think: I'm liking your way of thinking. That is very true but I still firmly believe we have to make kids decisions for them and then as we all know once the big 18 comes whey hey hey....they can pierce whatever they like :cheer:

I'm really glad that the age for tattoos is high.I wanted a tattoo for ages,then totally went off the idea :lol: so it just shows how you can change your mind.

Anmd as for the age limit for piercings,damn right it should be high. Otherwise I could have got mine done legally-how boring,it was so much more fun (though totally stupid) to order needles off the net and try to pierce anything in site myself :lol:

lou said:
neeko_1 said:
renee has a bracelet and she has her ears pierced to.

i think they look cute on babies..

my cousin aiyana had not got her ears done. she's 8 months

:shock:

what's for the :shock: ??

neeko_1 said:
lou said:
[quote="neeko_1":3klyp6mv]renee has a bracelet and she has her ears pierced to.

what's for the :shock: ??[/quote:3klyp6mv]

:shock: is for Renee and Aiyana having their ears pierced so young. Sorry I should have elaborated.

jewellery is a personal parenting preference - the same way bottlefeeding and breastfeeding clash - it is all down the parent at the end of the day

I have no prob with ppl havin their babes wear jewellery, nor do I have a prob with ppl who have different parentin routines to me

everyone agree to disagree :lol:

lou said:
neeko_1 said:
lou said:
[quote="neeko_1":3hk95xst]renee has a bracelet and she has her ears pierced to.

what's for the :shock: ??

:shock: is for Renee and Aiyana having their ears pierced so young. Sorry I should have elaborated.[/quote:3hk95xst]

oh ok :roll: well aiyanna has NOT got them done, as i said and i suppose it's all personal choice at the end

:lol:

mummykay said:
jewellery is a personal parenting preference - the same way bottlefeeding and breastfeeding clash - it is all down the parent at the end of the day

I have no prob with ppl havin their babes wear jewellery, nor do I have a prob with ppl who have different parentin routines to me

everyone agree to disagree :lol:

very true :D

As many people have said - down to individual parents.

Good job we are not all the same otherwise the world would be a boring place :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back