*** January 2017 Mummies ***

Awww Laura, they're beautiful. And thanks.
Don't worry about the risks, they will wrap you in cotton wool and monitor you super closely. I feel already have lots of faith in UK maternity care, all I've seen of it so far has been great (well, with the exception of my midwife, but I think that's person-based).

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Me too, I've seen two nurses and a midwife today and all have been excellent and put me at ease!

When have people got their next scans? Mine's already booked for 11th August. I still can't believe that I have 23cm of baby in me. I'm not showing that much, I just thought it was a bit of bloat and food baby more than anything :)

My 12 week scan is next Thursday, can't wait.. Great pic of your bubbas Laura xx

Haha, Laura, I can't help it I understand your brother. Hope the lady was understanding.
Have you talked to anyone about taking something for the sickness yet? I got cyclizine from the consultant today, and they said if it hasn't helped in five days I should call my GP to try something else.

Sorry I forgot to reply about medication. I am holding off because since I've moved back to the UK, I am not currently working so I feel like I can deal with sickness and feeling crap. I'll look for work when sickness has gone away, although it's getting worse again now!

Has your medication helped?

Is 11.8 and 12cm massive for 13 weeks? I've just realised that 7cm seems to be the norm. They're pretty much made of toast at the moment, so I'm surprised they're so big.

I really don't know what's normal Laura but it does sound big. Maybe you are further along than you think?
Mine were about 5.7 and 5.6 today. I'm 12+2 now.
And no, I don't think the pills have helped yet, but it's still early. At least I haven't vomited since Wednesday morning, even if it was really close on the bus today.

They couldn't do the scan when I got to the clinic because I hadn't been able to drink enough water due to nausea, so was sent off with a jug of water to watch TV for an hour.
Do they usually let you know the NT measurements? There were two of then, so the midwife doing the scan called them out to the other one entering it on the computer. Both were 1.6, so pretty low. Hoping other factors will also be good and that I get low risk in total.

I really don't know what's normal Laura but it does sound big. Maybe you are further along than you think?
And no, I don't think the pills have helped yet, but it's still early. At least I haven't vomited since Wednesday morning, even if it was really close on the bus today.

They couldn't do the scan when I got to the clinic because I hadn't been able to drink enough water due to nausea, so was sent off with a jug of water to watch TV for an hour.
Do they usually let you know the NT measurements? There were two of then, so the midwife doing the scan called them out to the other one entering it on the computer. Both were 1.6, so pretty low. Hoping other factors will also be good and that I get low risk in total.

I'm an idiot, I read it wrong and was looking at the size of the US window instead of the baby sizes. I thought it was odd that I'm not showing a lot more if they were around 12cm each! I just checked my notes and they are actually 6.2 and 6.5cm :lol:

Yes, they told me the NT measurements which were 1.9mm and 2.1mm. I will get screening results within a week by letter..

I didn't know you had to have a full bladder. I have heard about that, but at my 6 and 9 week scans, I used to loo right before going in and there weren't any problems with seeing babies (or blobs as they were at the time).

Other twin mummies, how many scans are you having? I've just received letters for 8 in the post, at 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 28, 30 and 34 weeks! I'll be living at the hospital.

Long may the lack of puking continue! I woke up at 2am starving, so I had some food but apparently they didn't like it because it came back up again spectacularly. Banging headache today :wall2: going to try and sleep it off xx

Last edited:

I'm an idiot, I read it wrong and was looking at the size of the US window instead of the baby sizes. I thought it was odd that I'm not showing a lot more if they were around 12cm each! I just checked my notes and they are actually 6.2 and 6.5cm :lol:

Yes, they told me the NT measurements which were 1.9mm and 2.1mm. I will get screening results within a week by letter..

I didn't know you had to have a full bladder. I have heard about that, but at my 6 and 9 week scans, I used to loo right before going in and there weren't any problems with seeing babies (or blobs as they were at the time).

Other twin mummies, how many scans are you having? I've just received letters for 8 in the post, at 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 28, 30 and 34 weeks! I'll be living at the hospital.

Long may the lack of puking continue! I woke up at 2am starving, so I had some food but apparently they didn't like it because it came back up again spectacularly. Banging headache today :wall2: going to try and sleep it off xx
Haha, that sounds more like expected sizes.
Maybe mine are just very far down in the pelvis and that's why they need the bladder to be full? Apparently it reflects the sound waves somehow.
I'm having four extra scans from week 28 onwards. They said it should be every other week, but got on 3/11 and one 1/12 so either they forgot one in between or they felt it was OK with four weeks at first. But I know what you mean, it's soo many appointments. I don't think my boss is very happy about it as she said I need to show them an appointment card. So have to call the clinic about getting one as half my appointments now are on my green notes and half on separate sheets of paper.
That's happened to me too a few times where you barely manage to swallow before it comes back up.

I think with identical they scan more because they monitor for twin to twin, after our 20 week we get a scan every 4 weeks X

I have to have a full bladder hit was told it's because of my tilt. Had my 'official' 12 week scan today but baby only measured 12 weeks. New due date of 27th Jan. But all okay and healthy so can't complain. Highest measurement she got for nt was 1.3mm so in happy with that just awaiting bloods. Was so nice for my partner to finally see baby moving on the screen! He couldn't believe that it was actually our baby! Hope you're twins are doing okay girls! Xxxx

Glad babe was looking good Blonde! Is anyone else struggling with a severe lack of concentration?! I cannot concentrate, on work, even on a film. I had a night home alone and was so looking forward to a bit of quiet painting, a movie i'd been looking forward to watching and all I could do was stare into space.. Ended up going to bed at 9 I was so fristrated with myself!

I have to have a full bladder hit was told it's because of my tilt. Had my 'official' 12 week scan today but baby only measured 12 weeks. New due date of 27th Jan. But all okay and healthy so can't complain. Highest measurement she got for nt was 1.3mm so in happy with that just awaiting bloods. Was so nice for my partner to finally see baby moving on the screen! He couldn't believe that it was actually our baby! Hope you're twins are doing okay girls! Xxxx
Ah, maybe that's it. I'll ask about tilt next time.
Glad to hear your peanut is doing well. And nice for your partner to see. As for dates "they're more like guidelines anyway". It's only something like 4% of all babies who are born on EDD so sometimes I wonder why they even bother with a date. :)

Glad babe was looking good Blonde! Is anyone else struggling with a severe lack of concentration?! I cannot concentrate, on work, even on a film. I had a night home alone and was so looking forward to a bit of quiet painting, a movie i'd been looking forward to watching and all I could do was stare into space.. Ended up going to bed at 9 I was so fristrated with myself!

Yes, I keep misplacing everything! I left my card in the corner shop the other day and currently have no idea what I've done with my house keys..

Arghh! Glad it's not just me.. Going on holiday next week and am literally dreading packing as I cannot get my head straight. Haha - checked the fridge?! I used to put all sorts in there when my daughter was a newborn..:wall2:

I read that there can actually be a real physical reason for the foggy brain.
If you are not getting enough Omega 3, the baby actually causes you to start breaking down your brain to get what it needs. Sounds scary, but it's not dangerous and the body rebuilds, but it can cause concentration problems and short term memory issues. So try just taking some Omega 3 and see if it helps.

If you are not getting enough Omega 3, the baby actually causes you to start breaking down your brain to get what it needs. Sounds scary, but it's not dangerous and the body rebuilds, but it can cause concentration problems and short term memory issues. So try just taking some Omega 3 and see if it helps.

That's interesting. I'll tell my mum that's why I've lost her house keys :lol:

That's interesting. I'll tell my mum that's why I've lost her house keys :lol:
Haha, do that. :D

Ooo how creepy!!! That explains why my mind is a mess!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members