New - First Tri : Scan Dates and Due Dates Calendar

sorry to be really dim i only did this just over 2 years ago and iv forgotten already :doh:

but when do u get ur scan date? and when do u even get ur booking in app for that matter? i mean i kno *when* lol its near end of first tri but i forgot what happens am i waiting for a letter about the booking in app? and do they give me the scan date when i'm at the booking in app?

Well the first midwife appointment I just made myself. I found out I was pg on the Saturday, rang my surgery on the Monday and asked for a midwife appointment (never bothered with a GP one), and they booked me in for the Wednesday (2 days later).
They asked me if I'd seen a doctor first (so I said no), and how many weeks along I was (I said about 4 and a half), and they were like "okay then come along at 'blah' time on Wednesday"

they also told me to bring along a urine sample, so that the midwife could test it to confirm the pregnancy.

So I went on the Wednesday and the midwife went through lots of paperwork with me, asking lots of questions, tested my urine, and took my blood pressure. She gave me the big pack file thing with all the maternity notes in that you end up carting around all through your pregnancy!

Anyway she said then that she wanted me to make another appointment at the reception on my way out for when I'm 12 weeks pregnant. She said that one will be a longer booking appointment where they take all bloods for testing.
I tried to do that but the surgery reception's electronic calculator didn't go as far as that :roll: so I was told to just ring up in 2 weeks time and book it over the phone instead, as the calendar would be reaching that far then.

I was also told that I would be getting a letter through the post at some point with a scan date. Again she said the scan will be around the 12 week mark.

So that's it for me basically I'm just waiting for my letter, and waiting to phone the surgery to make my next appointment.

It seems to be different in every area, trix - I went to my GP, he referred me to maternity, eventually got a letter from mw with booking appt, when I went they gave me my scan date (3 days notice, lovely!) and I'll do my bloods at the same time as scan. But the procedure varies so much, I'd say just ring your surgery and see if you can contact mw direct or if you have to start with GP. They really should standardise these things, it'd make life a lot easier!

First Scan 13th Fed

Due date 4th October

OOOOOOOooooooooooooOOO

!!! excited!!!

Can you change my due date? Damn docs were only flippin right, my LMP dates are pretty spot on! So it's 11th Aug now. Nearly tri 2!!

Hello

My scan is 6th Feb aaahhhhh i'm so scared

I suppose I don't belong on the list anymore :( officially tri 2 today. Bye girlies and see you soon over in tri 2 :wave:

Hello.
I don't know when my scan is, I think it's likely to be in another 6 weeks. I've got my booking appointment on 12th Feb, which is likely to be when I get my scan date.
I think I'm also due a 20 week scan and I also intend to book a 4d scan as well!

Bec78 said:
Hello.
I don't know when my scan is, I think it's likely to be in another 6 weeks. I've got my booking appointment on 12th Feb, which is likely to be when I get my scan date.
I think I'm also due a 20 week scan and I also intend to book a 4d scan as well!

When you get your 12 week scan just let me know and I'll put it on the list :)

I'm not doing 20 week scans on the list because they'd be in second tri

I have been given 4 datesnow lol!!!
Doctor said 29th
private scan said 27th
epu said 26th
midwife said 30th

Have my tweve week scan on 12th a week today!!!!!!!x

let me know what your 12 week scan shows in terms of dates then and I'll amend it on the list :)

I'm off to tri 2 tommorow so you can take me off the list if you want :)

i think i am due on 20th sept but will find out at my 12 week scan which will be 5t march :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back