*** January 2017 Mummies ***

Oh gosh, that is a nightmare!! I am sure the day will still be specialy though, you'll probably look back on it all one day and laugh! x

Hi ladies hope I can pop my head in. Found out a few days ago that I'm expecting our second. Due the 8th of Jan �� hope your all as lucky as me and are having no symptoms so far whatsoever! Fingers crossed we all have happy and healthy pregnancies x

Hi Laura and Paige!

I hope you get your wedding reception venue sorted Laura, I got married in November last year and kept it really small and whilst it wasn't too stressful given how quickly it was all organised (we had 12 weeks between getting engaged and getting married) but I know how stressed I'd have been if anything like that had happened to me at short notice.

Paige, I'm with you - hoping we all have happy and healthy pregnancies!

Congrats Paige. I am like you, hardly any symptoms just my boobs are a bit sore really and I feel quite bloated.
x

Have any of you booked in with the doctors or midwife yet? It's been a while and I can't remember how long to wait haha x

I'm Grace :)
I've not had many symptoms yet either - which I'm enjoying as I was incredibly nauseous last pregnancy for the first trimester. I've had a tiny bit of nausea on and off, "electric shock" type feelings in my boobs, a LOT of bloating and a little cramping.

I have read that eating lots of protein as well as keeping your blood sugars up can really help with morning sickness so I've been trying to eat lots of protein rich foods...will let you know if it helps over the next couple of weeks!

I was going to wait to book in but I'm way too impatient (I've already told all close friends and family!) so I called up...they only do booking ins once a week so she booked me in for 7 weeks....which seems pretty early. I'm half expecting to get a call to change it for a couple of weeks later.

Last edited:
9th Jan for me please! Got my BFP TODAY!!!
Congratulations to you all and I'm glad to be here. I was in the Feb 2015 group and my baby is nearly 15 months, I'm nervous but excited! I haven't even told hubby yet but think I'm going to do something special to announce it to him over the weekend!!! X

Hi Selina13 and congratulations!!
You're the day before me and I have an 18 month old LO so we'll have similar age gaps too :)

How do you think you'll tell hubby? I couldn't think of anything particularly exciting so I just wrapped up the positive test and told him I'd got him a little present...he guessed when he realised how small and light it was (Plus the fact that we were TTC and he knew I had ordered tests ha)

Wow how exciting! What a lovely surprise to give him! I think ill be ringing the doctors next week haha. Ive got a feeling that they will tell me to wait longer or something! Still dont feel at all pregnant aha! x

Thanks Sprout! Congratulations to you too!
Erm, I don't really know!

I mentioned tonight 'shall we have another baby?' After talking about meeting our friends newborn on Sunday and he said 'ahhhh, well I think we have our handful with our boy don't you?!' Smiling when he said it!

I was thinking 'oh s**t! Well we are!!!!!!' Lol!!!!

I think I'll see how things go with some stuff we are doing on the house over weekend (my dads here 2moro) so will hold out and see. I'm tempted to get my boy a t shirt saying 'Big brother' and a card for hubby saying 'hi daddy' with preg test inside. Give them to him on Monday when I have had time to get something?!

Not sure yet but don't want to just say 'oh I'm pregnant again!' As we weren't planning a baby especially not one due the month before DS1's 2nd birthday! Lol! Xx

Last edited:
Congratulations new bumps! How exciting! Ooh can't wait to hear how the big reveal to hubby goes Selina! :)

Can't wait to hear about how you tell hubby Selina! I spent hours watching pregnancy reveals on YouTube when we were TTC and then ended up just sending my OH a picture of the positive test on WhatsApp, haha!

Well, I have decided. Either tonight or tomorrow evening (depending on when my dad goes), im going to lay out my pjs, hubby's pjs, my little boys pjs and a lemon bundler on the bed (those beautiful newborn nighty type things that me and hubby loved our little boy in) and the pregnancy test on top of the bundler. I have to get it out of the loft yet though.

We joked that we would have to have another baby to use some of the bundlers that I found unused when we packed up Theo's baby stuff. :) He will defo get the message and it highlights that all being well we will be a family of 4!!!! So exciting! X

Bellef, that's always the way! I did the same the other 3 times I was pregnant. Just passed hubby the test and cried!!! Lol!
When I was pregnant with Theo I sent him a pic of the test as he was working away at the time. X

Oh ladies, I had one to one midwives with my pregnancy and labour even though I had hospital birth with Theo. It's an amazing service and they will visit you at home so your not say in waiting rooms and not getting enough time to ask everything you want. You have the same mw the whole way through too. I loved the service and it's free!
I'll put the link, see if they are in your area and you can refer yourself online!
I did it yesterday just to get back in the system.

http://www.onetoonemidwives.org

Xx

Ahh that sounds like a lovely way to announce Selina! Thank you for sharing about the one to one midwives. I'm hoping to have a home birth this time so fingers crossed I'll know the midwife who'll be there...I know I'm booking in with the same one I saw at my appointments last time so that's really nice.

Anyone else thinking of a home birth?!

I'm thinking of a home birth too. But trying to weight it up. Ultimately it's the worry of something going wrong and there not being help on hand that's the scariest bit.
Never heard of one to one midwife before, will be sure to check it out! X

They have an ambulance on call whilst your in labour, you have 2 midwives with you for home birth so if you fancy it and your not a pansy like me and don't want all the pain relief then go do it!!! Xxx

Hi can i join you. Got an unexpected bfp yesterday. We wasn't trying and was using protection. Only gave birth in november to a surrogate baby.

Due jan 11th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back