January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

LOL Laura, my first trimester symptoms are starting to slowly creep back too. I feel a little more tired than usual, I needed a nap today, but still not as bad as first trimester. I had some nausea last week too, then that coughing spell which was new, I never had that in first trimester. So I think it's third trimester knocking on our door. :lol: The honeymoon trimester is almost over. :) Brace yourself for third trimester. :lol:

I know how you feel Blueflower, my ribs are just now starting to not be sore anymore from the coughing and my red eye is clear now. I hope you feel better soon. My bras kept getting tighter too from where my bump must be pushing the other organs up I finally had to buy some bra hook extenders, I got a pack of 12 for $6 on Amazon. That's cheaper than buying new bras especially when the size keeps changing. :)

Hahaha ponchos all the way!! I actually wore one of those wrap/shawl things this morning, basically just an excuse to go out in a blanket, was loverly!

Oh i'm sorry Laura that's poo.. Hope it's a quick bout this time and you'll be feeling better soon..

I asked for Mothercare vouchers for my Birthday so i'm looking forward to buying some bigger bras this week with that! Is anyone going to buy a breastfeeding pillow? Sprout I don't know if you're still looking on here but I know you breastfed successfully - did you find one useful? xxx

I've got a twin breastfeeding pillow ready to use! It's quite bulky but hopefully it'll save my back!

I was back in the hospital on Saturday because no movement from either baby. They were fine again though, monkeys. It was a bad idea sitting there next to the delivery unit for 3 hours because I saw a lot of women in labour being wheeled in and that was scary haha. It was pretty cool seeing two newborn identical twin boys being wheeled out though at one point :)

I have been trying to organise myself a bit by selling clothes on ebay that I never wear. I've just sold a coat that I was given by an ex boyfriend 8 years ago and have literally never worn! It's black and we have a white cat in the house, so somehow it's got hairs on it which I need to clean up and send off by tomorrow. Blooming cat hairs get literally everywhere.

Speaking of pets.. is anyone thinking about how theirs will react to new arrivals? Our cat is very needy and we've stopped letting him in the bedroom at night because we want to get him used to not coming in the room whenever he wants. He now meows loudly from about 5am every morning. Fun times. Poor little guy though, he's become very affectionate with me recently, and I think he senses that I am pregnant. xx

I got a 2nd hand twins feeding pillow on Saturday to try.
Its difficult with twins movement isn't it? I thought twin one wasn't very active at the bottom on holiday but Twin 2 was moving on both sides, turns out they were both heads up and so we're both moving!
When we got our cat we knew we wanted kids so kept her mostly out of the bedroom so she didn't have to adapt. I planned everything from giving her enough attention to putting her scent on the baby furniture with a cloth etc but she still hasn't returned. I don't think she was upset about the babies as she was really friendly right up until she disappeared. :(

Its difficult with twins movement isn't it? I thought twin one wasn't very active at the bottom on holiday but Twin 2 was moving on both sides, turns out they were both heads up and so we're both moving!
When we got our cat we knew we wanted kids so kept her mostly out of the bedroom so she didn't have to adapt. I planned everything from giving her enough attention to putting her scent on the baby furniture with a cloth etc but she still hasn't returned. I don't think she was upset about the babies as she was really friendly right up until she disappeared. :(

I've managed to get a twin Z feeding pillow second hand
Glad everything is ok Laura little tinkers aren't they! Like Blueflower said it's so hard to know isn't it!
We have a collie x springer who will be 2.5 when the babies come & I am really trying to make things easier for the transition! He has been around babies and toddlers so it's not all brand new, but he's a bit grumpy with strange men coming to our house at the moment after a worker scared him! But we are getting him used to being behind baby gates when needed & lots of praise & reward when there are people around so he doesn't get nervous x

Hahaha ponchos all the way!! I actually wore one of those wrap/shawl things this morning, basically just an excuse to go out in a blanket, was loverly!

Oh i'm sorry Laura that's poo.. Hope it's a quick bout this time and you'll be feeling better soon..

I asked for Mothercare vouchers for my Birthday so i'm looking forward to buying some bigger bras this week with that! Is anyone going to buy a breastfeeding pillow? Sprout I don't know if you're still looking on here but I know you breastfed successfully - did you find one useful? xxx

Oh that's good Kate that you can get vouchers for that! :) LOL no winter coats for me. I've gotta find out how I will need to dress T.J. when he comes home. It will be around 70-80F/21-26C at that time. I don't want him to be too hot but I don't want him to be chilly either till his body gets used to the weather. Yup I'm gonna get a breastfeeding pillow too. :)

I've got a twin breastfeeding pillow ready to use! It's quite bulky but hopefully it'll save my back!

I was back in the hospital on Saturday because no movement from either baby. They were fine again though, monkeys. It was a bad idea sitting there next to the delivery unit for 3 hours because I saw a lot of women in labour being wheeled in and that was scary haha. It was pretty cool seeing two newborn identical twin boys being wheeled out though at one point :)

I have been trying to organise myself a bit by selling clothes on ebay that I never wear. I've just sold a coat that I was given by an ex boyfriend 8 years ago and have literally never worn! It's black and we have a white cat in the house, so somehow it's got hairs on it which I need to clean up and send off by tomorrow. Blooming cat hairs get literally everywhere.

Speaking of pets.. is anyone thinking about how theirs will react to new arrivals? Our cat is very needy and we've stopped letting him in the bedroom at night because we want to get him used to not coming in the room whenever he wants. He now meows loudly from about 5am every morning. Fun times. Poor little guy though, he's become very affectionate with me recently, and I think he senses that I am pregnant. xx

Oh no Laura! That sounds scary. Glad the babies are okay. You are having a rough time poor thing. :hugs: I was in between pets when I found out I was pregnant, my kitty cat had just recently died so I put off getting another once I knew I was pregnant. I know how it is with cat hairs though! :lol: That's so sweet about your kitty being affectionate, yes animals can sense those things! LOL I don't even want to think about labor pains right now! I'm not used to pain so that will be something! :)

Aaawww that's sad about your kitty Blueflower! :( No I'm sure that's not the reason at all.

I'm down to double digits today woohoo! Only 99 days to go. :D Time is moving fast! It seems like I just hit V day and now I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow already. :D

Last edited:

Hi! I never had one, I do remember wishing I had one in the very early days because my arms killed from labour (spent a lot of it on hands and knees) but after the first week or so I don't think it would have made much difference. I know some ladies swear by them though, especially if they have latch issues/big boobs etc

Oh nooo blueflower! We've had our Tom for 16 years so it would be very gutting if he disappeared. We will have to do our best to make sure he doesn't get too upset about the babies.

We only had her for 8 months and she was only 2 years old. :( Still hope we will get her back, she was so cute, we really miss her.

She's probably moved in with a neighbour or something, cats can be little buggers like that! My friend's cat decided to move in with their neighbour and there was nothing they could really do about it but they weren't too happy xx

Hi! I never had one, I do remember wishing I had one in the very early days because my arms killed from labour (spent a lot of it on hands and knees) but after the first week or so I don't think it would have made much difference. I know some ladies swear by them though, especially if they have latch issues/big boobs etc

Thanks Hun, I'm anticipating latch issues and I have big-ish boobs so think I should invest! xx

That's so sad Blueflower I really hope she comes home :(

She's probably moved in with a neighbour or something, cats can be little buggers like that! My friend's cat decided to move in with their neighbour and there was nothing they could really do about it but they weren't too happy xx

I think we would have seen her if she was still nearby as she's an outdoor girl. Also she had everything with us: activity tower with choice of beds, chicken and fish once a week, a playhouse I made her with cat flap and window, lots of toys from my mum and we played chasing and hunting games with her every day. We think she may have got chased away and got lost (she had an enemy) or got run over and died in the woods. So hope it wasn't the 2nd one.

Hi Kate. I am still breastfeeding my 20 month old and to be honest I didn't think the breastfeeding pillow was a necessity. I find it was never handy when I needed it so just propped some pillows under my arms as I was usually sat on the sofa. My sister did find a breastfeeding pillow useful. Cushions/pillows do the same job in my opinion. Also the pillow is only useful in first couple of months really. after that, the baby will just latch on in any position I found.

Thanks Hun, I'm anticipating latch issues and I have big-ish boobs so think I should invest! xx

That's so sad Blueflower I really hope she comes home :(

Having bigger boobs can be an issue but there are loads of tricks to help ( I have small boobs so I'm not an expert on this at all ) . I know that some with larger boobs use a muslin cloth as a sort of sling to yank the boob up if that makes sense.

Last tri2 bump updates anyone?

Attachments

• bumpshot.jpg
    bumpshot.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 11
Thanks! Won't lie though, it's getting quite the collection of stretch marks now down the bottom. I figure I may have gotten away with one baby, but there's no way I'm escaping it with twins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back