January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

Aww Laura, lovely bump! I'll post mine later when I'm home from work :) Hope you are all having a good day xxxxx

I have been sleeping so badly recently. Bar the lavender oil burning in the room & avoiding technology etc has anyone got any good tips for getting comfy and a good nights sleep? My OH nearly left me for the spare bedroom last night (which is saying something as that would mean clearing the piles of junk off the bed!!) as I kept disturbing him :( So tired this morning, didn't help that I'm on the early hift! xxxxx

Beautiful Laura.. Those trousers look beyond comfy! This is me.. Feeling humongous all over all of a sudden xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 12
Lovely twin bump Laura! I have been making horrible noises at night apparently! Some have woken me up!
Very neat bump Kate! :)

Aw cute bump, Kate!

BlondeP unfortunately it's my oh that keeps me awake with snoring and elbowing me in the back. Last night I had to wake him up because it sounded like there was a sea bird in the room (squeaky nose). Drives me mad! He works so hard though so I put up with it and try to catch up on sleep in the day if I can xx

Nice bump Kate! I love those pants! :)

Poor Abi I know how you feel. Lately I've been waking up once or twice a night to go pee then sometimes after waking the second time I can't go back to sleep especially if I know I have to get up to go to work. So yup I noticed a difference in sleep too.

I was spooning with OH last night and he said T.J. was kicking him in his back last night LOL! :lol:

Abi I'm the same I am always waking up or not being able to get back to sleep & heartburn at 2 in the morning lol!

Great bump Kate x

Abi I'm the same I am always waking up or not being able to get back to sleep & heartburn at 2 in the morning lol!

Great bump Kate x

Yes, the heartburn woke me up in the middle of the night too! It just came up and into my mouth in the middle of the night! So I had to get up again to go spit it out. I didn't have that in first trimester. So that was 3 times last night getting up, and I feel tired today because of it.

Last edited:
Ah thanks guys :) Sorry to hear about the sleep woes :( I'm not too bad - I wake up a few times, either out of discomfort or needing a blimmin' wee! Sorry I have no suggestions Abi but I really hope it gets better xxx

Glad I'm not the only sleep deprived one then :( !. My mum always warned me about sleepless night after baby arrived, but nothing about during pregnancy!! xxxx

lol I've said that when the babies come at least even though it's broken sleep it won't be uncomfortable sleep :)

Haha.. you will savour every minute of blissful sleep when the babies arrive - nothing can prepare you for those first few weeks! I fell asleep in many a dinner! xxx

Hey girls, sorry to hear so many struggle with sleep. Same here, I keep waking up every hour or so for no apparent reason. Or wake up desperately needing to pee. Getting in and out of bed is also not very easy anymore. I feel big and clumsy like an elephant, but I don't think I look that big yet.

Had my blood pressure checked today and it's fine. My colleague said it's because I made my mind up now. Tickets to Sweden are booked, I've given my notice at work and agreed on a last day. Now I just need to endure the social services until I go. They've called me to a "child protection conference" on Monday. The whole thing still feels bizarre.
But now I know I'll be out of their reach soon.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Will both you and your OH be at the CP conference? Just to warn you they can be very stressful for parents.

Aw you poor thing having that to contend with. Glad you're getting things sorted out with the moving dates. Will you tell them that you're leaving? xx

Sounds horrific Lisa.. I am sure you feel immensely better now that you have a plan in place.. So glad to hear your blood pressure is ok xx

Yes, my partner is coming along as well as my mother in law.
I'm not happy about going, but there seems to be no way to avoid it. We tried asking them to wait until I go on maternity leave, but they're adamant it needs to happen quickly. Since we're not married yet, my partner doesn't have parental responsibility, so they refuse to talk to him instead.

I think my should just tell them that the babies will be born in Sweden and are not their concern, but my partner thinks they will actually try to stop me from leaving the country in that case. Which I can't see how they possibly could. Unless they want to arrest me.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

You could speak with citizen's advice bureau anonymously though and see whether they can advise you on that, but fairly sure they cannot stop you from leaving the country. As you aren't married, I think they have even less ability to do anything because technically he has no rights to the children until he's on their birth certificate, by which time you will be in Sweden anyway. xx

Oh geez Lisa how stressful. I couldn't imagine they could stop you leaving the country? They only way they may try is by putting a protection order on the babies which can be done while they are still in the womb. I agree with laura, its worth getting some anonymous advice to ease your mind and see what your rights are.

Baby brain has hit with full force today, lost my phone at work, was judging everyone in my head thinking it stolen only for a collegue to find it INSIDE the printer. xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back