January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

Oh Lisa I know it's easier said than done but try to relax or do things that relax you. For your sake & babies xxxx <3

Shame about the sickness Laura!!happy V Day Thumbs!!

Hi sprout. I'm not sure but have mine Friday so will soon see! Xxx

Mine took about 5 or 6 hours Sprout... How are you feeling now? I had mine at 3:30 and by bedtime I was really struggling. Hope you'll be totally fine!

They do affect everyone differently Sprout so you may just have gotten away with it! I was a little sore by the evening (had it at 9am) but the next day it was totally manageable.. Got my little check up scan today, cannot wait! Hoping she's had a little femur growth spurt so I can stop worrying :) Glad they're keeping an eye on you Lisa xxx

Very pleased to report that everything looked perfect with little Maggie and her femurs have caught up beautifully.. It was so lovely to get to see her again and has really lifted my mood. Hope everyone else is well today, almost the weekend.. Any fun plans? I might attack painting the nursery but although I paint pictures for a living I am dreading painting an entire room (even if it is all just one colour..) Need to get it done though!

Home from hospital now. They gave me pills and blood pressure went down. Now they'll just check it once a week and as long as it keeps down they're not too worried.
My mother-in-law has left angry messages to the social worker and the police officer involved and basically accused them of putting me in the hospital.
They're meant to come around tomorrow afternoon. I've decided to refuse letting myself be intimidated by them. Unless I'm suspected for a crime they can't do anything to me. And before the babies are born they can't do anything to them either.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well done baby Maggie, just what we like to hear!!

Good on her Lisa, you don't need this stress at all xxxx

Yay for Maggie! :dance: Glad she's doing good and caught up! :) Not sure what I'm gonna do yet for the weekend. :)

Glad you're doing okay Lisa, don't let them stress you out. They can't do anything to you or the babies.

Had my two jabs this morning, my arms are now pretty numb and sore to touch :( not ideal when I have work at 3pm! xxxxx

Hi ladies! Tiredness is starting to slowly creep back on me again. Not as bad as first trimester but I'm little more tired than I've been lately. Gonna go to bed early tonight. I learned the hard way not to eat anything spicy anymore! Woo! I was eating something spicy for dinner and I don't know what happened! I don't know if it was acid reflux or it irritated my throat or something but suddenly I went into a huge coughing fit! :shock: I couldn't stop coughing and I was coughing so hard. You know how you get that tickle thing in the back of your throat that makes you keep coughing? I had that and I coughed so hard I started to throw up. It was awful. I coughed so hard I busted a blood vessel in my eye, the white part of my eyeball is red. My ribs are so sore, I can't even laugh. My throat was so sore and hoarse from coughing woo! No more spicy food for me! I had to go lay down after that for an hour. :nap: I feel better now but my left eye is still red. It doesn't hurt, it just looks red.

Last edited:
Gosh Papermoon that sounds like quite the ordeal!! Hope you're feeling better now.. I've had coughing fits when food has gone up my nose and it is a truly awful sensation - blueurgh!! You poor thing :(

Hope the arms are feeling better Abi - mine settled down quite quickly but then I only had the one jab.. Hope work went ok xx

Thanks kate! Yes I feel much better today. :) My eye is almost clear now too. Woo that was something.

That's good Kate, glad Maggie's little legs have caught up! Wish we had names for ours already!
That&#8217;s awful Papermoon, I get acid indigestion and coughing helps but it sometimes takes me by surprise, not as bad as that though!
Take it easy Rhiandell. I expect the babies are completely oblivious of your stress and are safe and snug. :hugs:

PaperMoon I'm having the same problem! Can't have anything with flavour it seems - mash potatoes and milk is the only way forward!! Boo hoo xxxxxx hope you're ok xxx

Thanks Abi! Yes I feel much better today. That's what finally got me out of that coughing spell, I just kept drinking milk, it was soothing my throat. In between coughs I just kept taking a sip and the coughing started to let up then finally stop. So now I know to eat bland things from now on. :)

How's everyone feeling? My sickness is properly back and it's kind of worse than tri1 because I'm so hungry but even if I eat plain porridge, it's straight back up again. Feel so weak and tired and blahhhhhh.

Anyway enough moaning because we still have a whole trimester ahead of us! Looking forward to having my body back, anyone else? I want these babies out (although as my mum helpfully reminded me today, "keep them in for as long as you can" - as if I have any choice in when they come)! xx

Mint flavour gaviscon is now my friend too ha ha

Sorry your not feeling so great again Laura. X

Very sore ribs all day! Is it a head, a foot or general pressure? Got some even bigger bras yesterday but still painfully tight by evening!
Tried on my autumn &winter coats, that was funny, think I'll have to wear ponchos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back