January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

Yes, my partner is coming along as well as my mother in law.
I'm not happy about going, but there seems to be no way to avoid it. We tried asking them to wait until I go on maternity leave, but they're adamant it needs to happen quickly. Since we're not married yet, my partner doesn't have parental responsibility, so they refuse to talk to him instead.

I think my should just tell them that the babies will be born in Sweden and are not their concern, but my partner thinks they will actually try to stop me from leaving the country in that case. Which I can't see how they possibly could. Unless they want to arrest me.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness that sounds like a nightmare. :( Yes go ASAP and get away from there.

Oh geez Lisa how stressful. I couldn't imagine they could stop you leaving the country? They only way they may try is by putting a protection order on the babies which can be done while they are still in the womb. I agree with laura, its worth getting some anonymous advice to ease your mind and see what your rights are.

Baby brain has hit with full force today, lost my phone at work, was judging everyone in my head thinking it stolen only for a collegue to find it INSIDE the printer. xxxxx

Wow Abi I didn't know such a thing could be done! :shock:
And LOL I lost my phone at work yesterday! :lol: Someone turned it in though thank goodness! :) Mine had been left in the ladies room LOL

They can involve the police unfortunately and prevent you leaving the country but you could get round it by saying that just you are leaving and then your OH could join you later? If the partner is the issue in their eyes it's usually ok as long as they think you aren’t together.
So sorry it's so stressful, you really don't need ths at the moment. :hugs:

Thanks for all the support girls. It means a lot. <3
The whole thing feels so absurd. Yes, my partner is involved in a court case, but he isn't condemned yet! The trial is before my due date. We asked them if innocent until proven guilty means anything to them, and they said they're coming after us even if he wins the court case.

Thanks for all the support girls. It means a lot. <3
The whole thing feels so absurd. Yes, my partner is involved in a court case, but he isn't condemned yet! The trial is before my due date. We asked them if innocent until proven guilty means anything to them, and they said they're coming after us even if he wins the court case.

What?!Wow that's not right! :(

Is anyone else suffering with nosebleeds? I've just had the worst one of my life... Literally pouring blood and couldn't get it to stop for half an hour. Have just had to clean it all up off the floor and put my outfit in the wash. Totally horrific!

Is anyone else suffering with nosebleeds? I've just had the worst one of my life... Literally pouring blood and couldn't get it to stop for half an hour. Have just had to clean it all up off the floor and put my outfit in the wash. Totally horrific!

Goodness that sounds awful! No nosebleeds here but i'm sure it's very normal and something to do with all the extra blood whooshing around.. Did anything trigger it?! Hope you're ok! xx

Oh my goodness Holdingthumbs! :shock: That sounds horrible! That's worse than my coughing fit. I've never had a nose bleed before. I hope you're okay! That sounds scary but I'm sure it's normal.

Last edited:
Thanks both. I'm ok now and can't think of anything that might have triggered it, but it was pretty scary!

So close to tri 3 now... Almost 26 weeks!

Is 27 weeks the start of the third trimester? :)

Had a nice day today. :) I had a cookout on the grill lunch with my neighbors today who are Muslim. Got a chance to eat some Muslim food, it was pretty good. :) They are a nice family, they have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl. It was a perfect day to do it too, weather wise. This is getting to the good time of year in Arizona when it's not too hot outside.

Last edited:
Yes Papermoon - you're there tomorrow wahoo!

That sounds lovely.. Tell me if i'm overstepping but how is integration in your area? I'm finding the presidential race so fascinating to follow and for me the following Trump has acquired is scary.. We feel it in the UK too, especially since Brexit, but i've always sensed the tension is a lot worse in the States?

Sounds like it was a fantastic afternoon! xx

Yes Papermoon - you're there tomorrow wahoo!

That sounds lovely.. Tell me if i'm overstepping but how is integration in your area? I'm finding the presidential race so fascinating to follow and for me the following Trump has acquired is scary.. We feel it in the UK too, especially since Brexit, but i've always sensed the tension is a lot worse in the States?

Sounds like it was a fantastic afternoon! xx

Thanks Kate! Yup I'll be there tomorrow! Woohoo!:dance:

And it's okay to ask about it kate I don't mind. :) This presidential race is so crazy! I hope and pray that they don't elect Trump!:shock: Yeah it is scary, Lord help us. Integration is not too bad in my area, everyone is pretty nice about it, but in other areas of the US it's crazy and people are upset about it. Yes my neighbors are so nice, I had fun. :)

Thanks Papermoon - didn't want to offend anybody - very glad you aren't Team Trump and I didn't step on anyone's toes! That's good that your area is ok - I can imagine it'd be horrible living in a place where tensions were so high..

Happy Tri 3 day - see you over there later this week :) xx

Cool thanks kate! :) I'm in third trimester woohoo! :D:dance: Yup, see you there in a few days! Nope no Trump for me! I'm praying he doesn't get in! :)

Last edited:
Haha yep - just us left :) I've had Poppy off for half term this week which has been so lovely.. exhausting but lovely! How's work going Thumbs has it chilled out at all? xx

Sounds lovely to have Poppy off! Hope you've been having lots of fun!

Well, work was doing OK but is set to pick up again as I'm actually going away on a business trip to Canada and the U.S. on Sunday! Thought long and hard about making the trip, but decided to go for it - last chance to travel before our lives change forever and my husband is joining me next weekend for my birthday weekend. So I'm excited about that :)

But I've just had the most incredibly severe back pain attack yet so am now feeling panicked. Literally felt like being stabbed with a knife and has only subsided after 45 mins of sitting absolutely still. Not sure what I'd do if that happened on the plane, and am suddenly feeling very anxious. Guess I need to stay positive...

It has been actually.. She'd suddenly felt really grown up since starting school and this week she seems to have regressed somewhat which is actually really nice! She's being such a little sweetheart at the moment..

Oh wow! Good on you for going for it - that's definitely the kind of thing i'd shirk away from and then regret not doing.. It sounds like such an adventure and lovely that hubs can join you! Is there any way the airline could seat you on the first row? At least then you've got that bit of extra leg room to help you get into a comfy position.. and if you've bought a breastfeeding pillow they're fairly compact and might be good to sit on instead of the hard seats? Try not to worry about it - i've heard so many women say that cabin crew are fantastic and so sympathetic to health issues, particularly in pregnant women, so should the worst happen and you get an attack you'll be in very good hands :)

Which museum do you work for by the way? I find it all very fascinating! Are you a curator? I'm sure you'll have the most fantastic time xx

Thanks Kate! Feeling nervous but going to be positive and go for it! Aiming to get to the airport super early tomorrow so will do my best for an extra leg from seat - hopefully they'll be sympathetic!

I am a curator, yes :) Hope you'll forgive me for being a bit coy for the sake of anonymity on here, but it's one of the big art museums in London :)

How fantastic! Yes - of course - sounds amazing though.. I'm a regular at the London art galleries! Have an amazing trip, good luck tomorrow and have a fantastic Birthday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back