January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

Abi you can have flu jab anytime can't remember if you have to be free of cold before having it ? I know areas with whooping cough differs mine is from 28 weeks x

Happy birthday Kate! xx

Abi - I had both flu jab and whooping cough yesterday afternoon (23 plus 6). You definitely need to be free from cold and don't plan a manic few days around it... I was in so much pain in both arms that I didn't sleep a wink last night and feel like I've been hit by a truck today. Ugh. She was adamant that both at the same time is normal practice, but I'm really suffering now...

Sending you hugs princess. I'm feeling embarrassed for the opposite reason - people looking at me like a total fraud when I ask for a seat on the tube - but I can imagine how you feel. Keep going - you're doing great Xx

Thanks ladies. I booked for both for this Friday so hopefully my cold will of gone by then, if not il rearrange! I asked for seperate appointments but was told they do both at the same time for us preggos :( :(

Happy Birthday Kate!! Hope poppy & oh are spooling you. xxxxx

Might be worth asking if they'll do one in your thigh, Abi. Not to be totally mad, but it's not that helpful having the mega vaccine in your left arm - which they do as it's normally your non-dominant hand - if you have to sleep on that side...

That's rude of them PrincessP. Are you eating a lot more than normal? My colleagues saw me today after a week and said I looked big, then quickly added in the tummy area! I said it was mostly baguettes and cheese!

Had 4 appointments in 2 days! Anti D was fine, not anaemic and consultant appointment very quick! Got home earlier than I would from work so done some jobs before I crash out!

Blueflower you look absolutely fantastic! Hope the babies shimmy around so your ribs get a break :)

Happy V-day for you Holding Thumbs and thanks all for the Birthday wishes- I have had a really lovely day with my super little family..

Oh Princess I'm sorry :( I know you're really struggling with this, I wish people would just mind their own business.. I know it's hard advice to take but just try not to let it get to you, and if it makes you feel any better you're well within your rights to tell them where to go! I have snapped at someone for commenting on my size (which is SO unlike me) but I have to admit it felt nice to let it out and not just fester into an insecurity.. Just say it's extra fluid, that you'd rather not talk about it and let them feel bad about it for once! Sending love though I can tell it's really upsetting you xxx

It's tomorrow Kate, three hours to go, but thank you! So nearly there!

Great advice for princess :)

Happy V day holding thumbs x

Ek I'm grotty today lol I knew the flu jab would give me a cold and here I am a week later with a stinking cold boo! X

It's tomorrow Kate, three hours to go, but thank you! So nearly there!

Great advice for princess :)

Well then a very happy V Day for today! 🎉

Oh rotten Sarah :( Hope you feel better soon! I'll be having mine next week.. Whooping cough arm is hurting now though!

Oh and Laura that is so exciting though I can understand the complete panic! You'll be absolutely fine darling, it'll be so lovely to have them here for Christmas xxx

Hi guys. I know I've been quiet lately and not really keeping up.
The reason is that I currently have social services harassing me as they think my partner is a danger to the babies. He is involved in a court case, but apparently innocent until proven guilty means nothing to these people. Or the fact that the babies aren't even born yet.
As a result, I'll be moving to Sweden a lot sooner than planned, as soon as I stop working really, which is looking to be late November.

I just want you to know I'm still here reading and being happy for you guys even if I don't comment much.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Oh geez Lisa talk about unneeded stress!!! Poor you :( xxxxx

The reason is that I currently have social services harassing me as they think my partner is a danger to the babies. He is involved in a court case, but apparently innocent until proven guilty means nothing to these people. Or the fact that the babies aren't even born yet.
As a result, I'll be moving to Sweden a lot sooner than planned, as soon as I stop working really, which is looking to be late November.

I just want you to know I'm still here reading and being happy for you guys even if I don't comment much.

Oh that sounds like a nightmare! Try not to let it stress you out too much. Easier said than done I know!!

Oh gosh Lisa :( Wishing you all the very best xxx

Happy V day Holdingthumbs! Woohoo! :dance:

Oh no that sounds absolutely awful! :( I will keep you in my prayers. Try not to let it stress you out too much poor thing. :hugs:

Thank you so much everyone! So excited that V-Day is FINALLY here! :)

Sorry that everyone is sore from jabs. I'm still hurting two days on, but hoping to be able to sleep tonight. And thinking of you Lisa - that sounds so stressful, but hopefully we can all give some baby support on here Xx

Oh wow that sounds awful, I really hope everything turns out ok...

Just sneaking back to this tri to ask how long it took for the whooping cough jab to get sore? Had mine about 3 hours ago and it's literally done nothing, despite the nurse saying it would be worse as I only had it a couple of years ago.

That's awful Lisa, hope it turns out ok for you all. :hugs:

Had my first stranger comment on my bump today! I was in Asda and the checkout lady asked how long I had to go! She also asked if twins ran in the family!

Lisa that sounds very stressful, sorry to hear you are going through that and I hope you can get to Sweden asap so you don't have to worry. How is your sickness going, by the way? Mine has recently made a comeback and I've not kept down much in 24 hours. I hope it'll pass and I'm even more hopeful that it's just a bug because my dad has been sick too in the last few days. xxx

Thank you everyone for the support. <3 <3 <3 Made me tear up a little bit.
Well, it appears I have been affected more than I thought. Had my 25 week check with midwife today and my blood pressure was high so she sent me off to the hospital. They decided to keep me overnight for observation and I also got a pill, which appears to be working because BP is going down now.

Laura, most of the time I'm ok, but I do still get sick one out of three mornings or something like that. Keeping my fingers crossed it's just a bug you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back