January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

Im the same as Blueflower & I'm actually excited for our December babies (even tho official DD is early Jan) as I love Christmas & the winter and being all snug and wrapped up and like Princess said by the time spring & summer comes it will be lovely too. X

That's so true, something to look forward to in the darkest month of the year! :)

Phew.. Just tracked the hospital down and we're 1 in 30,000+ for down's. So relieved, had this feeling in my gut something was wrong.. (I do always feel a bit guilty saying that though, I know many children with down's and they are so beautiful.. But you know what I mean..)

Blueflower, yes, she was absolutely fine. A tad dirty, but that was it. But then she had been really lucky, so this couple had fed her and let her sleep with their own cats.

Kate, that's such a relief. And I know what you mean. Even though children with Downs are lovely, you still hope you won't be the one to have a baby with a trisonomy, because it's a lot of hard work. I think we can all allow ourselves to be honest about our feelings here. Seeing as we are such a small group, which I agree is really nice. :)

Like others, I wouldn't have chosen January, but I was worried about having trouble conceiving so we started trying as soon as possible really, and then it happened straight away, just goes to show that you just can't plan these things.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Nice to see you are all okay! (Bar Laura, rubbish you are still so sicky!!!) we got our results back finally and >1 / 10,000 for downs and 1/19,830 for Edwards so I am pleased with that! Just got to make it to the 19 week scan without caving in and having another private scan! We want to find out xxxxxx

Anyone else have scans next week? I've got my private gender one on Monday, midwife on Wednesday and then 16 week scan on Thursday even though I'll be a day off 17 weeks plus a consultant meeting thing straight after? I don't know what to expect with that.

Last edited:
No sorry. Midwife not until Aug 16th the '19 week' scan not until 3rd sept! Really tempted to book a private gender scan though! Is it defo worth it around 16 weeks? Xxxxx

No sorry. Midwife not until Aug 16th the '19 week' scan not until 3rd sept! Really tempted to book a private gender scan though! Is it defo worth it around 16 weeks? Xxxxx

Haha didn't you literally just say you were going try to hold out to 20 weeks? :lol:

I think a lot of places will rescan you if they are unable to tell the sex during private gender scan. You can always ask about this prior to booking. A lot of places will do the scan from 16 weeks at earliest, and I have heard of people being told earlier than this, so I guess the chances that they can tell must be fairly good! Mine is a 4D scan, so even better chance that they'll see the parts in question.

Blonde and Kate fab news that your results have all come back ok

Sprout congrats on team blue yay :)

We had a private scan on Friday 16+4 just a reassurance scan and said we didn't want to know the gender, our next is our 20 week scan at the end of August

I think they can tell gender from 16 weeks if you wanted to know & im sure they can double check on your 20 week scan too. X

Did my Facebook announcement today! I posted a pic of our campervan and put "Do you think we will get 2 baby seats in here?! ;) ;)"
Had 16 comments, 12 likes, 4 loves and one wow in 2 hours! :D

I'm having a midwife appointment next week, but no scans again before 19 weeks.
Laura, my first consultant appointment was pretty much like midwife appointment but with a doctor instead. She asked about family history, my own medical history etc. Peed in a cup. The usual.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Laura I am SO undecided it's unreal!! And impatient. Just has a call off the midwife but il put it in a seperate post xxxxx

Blueflower - what a great way to announce! It must be so nice to finally get to do your announcement after waiting so long for these babies.

Rhiandell - thanks for the info. Nothing to get too excited about then with the consultant appt.

BlondeP - do it, I say! Come over to the dark, impatient people side.

Everyone - I am having a bit of a wobbly afternoon. Didn't sleep well due to weird pressure pains in my uterus and not able to get comfy, and now I'm having a little brown dischargy stuff. There's very little of it and it's mostly just in my underwear, nothing like enough to fill a pad, but streaky and light brown. My miscarriage started off with this kind of brown bleeding, and eventually after 5 days of it on and off, it became very heavy red bleeding so I'm obviously really upset about this.

Have called midwife about it and she said they don't need to see me unless it's red blood. As I am being scanned next week twice, I feel like I don't need to push to be seen, but I just hope this streaky brown stuff stops.

Did my Facebook announcement today! I posted a pic of our campervan and put "Do you think we will get 2 baby seats in here?! ;) ;)"
Had 16 comments, 12 likes, 4 loves and one wow in 2 hours! :D

Ah how exciting so pleased what a great announcement :). X

Blueflower - what a great way to announce! It must be so nice to finally get to do your announcement after waiting so long for these babies.

Rhiandell - thanks for the info. Nothing to get too excited about then with the consultant appt.

Everyone - I am having a bit of a wobbly afternoon. Didn't sleep well due to weird pressure pains in my uterus and not able to get comfy, and now I'm having a little brown dischargy stuff. There's very little of it and it's mostly just in my underwear, nothing like enough to fill a pad, but streaky and light brown. My miscarriage started off with this kind of brown bleeding, and eventually after 5 days of it on and off, it became very heavy red bleeding so I'm obviously really upset about this.

Have called midwife about it and she said they don't need to see me unless it's red blood. As I am being scanned next week twice, I feel like I don't need to push to be seen, but I just hope this streaky brown stuff stops.

Ah Hon I can completely understand how you must be worried, do you have a local epu that you can go to to put your mind at rest? x

Ah Hon I can completely understand how you must be worried, do you have a local epu that you can go to to put your mind at rest? x

There is, but it needs midwife referral. I guess I'll just have to sit tight until Monday, but I hope I don't ruin OH's birthday with bad news at the gender scan. I'm just so tired having not slept much in days and sore.

Oh really! That's frustrating when a lot are their own walk in service, would she not refer you for reassurance as even though you have scans next week it's a long time to wait when your worried and anxious X

laura- what days are your scans next week. That is worrying but is more than likely nothing but it's hard not to think the worst when it's happening to you. If anything change or gets worse, call midwife and take it easy. Have you have sex recently#? Please keep up updated xx

laura- what days are your scans next week. That is worrying but is more than likely nothing but it's hard not to think the worst when it's happening to you. If anything change or gets worse, call midwife and take it easy. Have you have sex recently#? Please keep up updated xx

Private scan on Monday and then nhs one on Thursday. Haven't had sex since 8 weeks pregnant. xx

Don't panic Laura, it should be fine! I've had the odd drop. As you're a twin pregnancy and espesh identical they will keep a good eye on you. If it worries you too much then just call EPAS and demand they see you. With a previous history of miscarriage they shouldn't ever turn you away espesh if you know your symptoms are alike the past xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back