January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

Ahh Laura that's such a cute idea! I'd love to do a gender reveal of some kind but my OH thinks it's way too cheesy and honestly, I think the majority of my family's/friend's reactions would be so disappointing :(

It's definitely a bit cheesy and American, but as my mum said "sounds suitable tacky" haha. It's just a bit of fun really for my parents, grandma (who is rarely in the UK) and siblings because everyone happens to be nearby at the moment. Also it'll by my partner's birthday, and the first time my siblings will have met him! So there's a lot of reason to make a cake and be a bit cheesy :dance:

I think because these are the first grandchildren and great-grandchildren for grandma, they are quite excited. Any subsequent children might not stir as much excitement. Not that I'm planning on popping anymore out after this, I'd have to be mad to go through another first trimester! My mum said she said that with all 3 of us though.

Last edited:
Oh that's so cute Laura! I bet you're bursting to know now.. I'm not going to find out and it's already killing me..

Oh no Blueflower I hope your cat comes home :(

Is everyone else finding out or having a surprise?? I really think in my gut I have another girly on board.. My partner would LOVE a boy..

I've had the first grandchild/great grandchild and I have to admit it's been a lovely experience.. I feel slightly guilty on my older sister's part but she's not particularly baby-inclined!

Blonde I hope you are getting a little relief now? It must be horrible having that on top of everything else weird and wonderful occurring with your body at the moment?

Rhiandell great that your low risk! I just got demoted as well feels like a weight lifted doesn’t it! I’ve just been so stressed out and worried I’ve not enjoyed the first trimester as much as I could have and I've been an emotional mess I'm not normally a crier but my train was busy hot and delayed last week and by the time I got to my OH who was waiting to pick me up I just sobbed hahah he didn't know what to do with me :)

Princess P I looked 4 months at 6 weeks and am just getting bigger! I’m hoping some people at work due the same time catch up and I slow down I might actually burst at this rate! I do agree with KateK there is something to be very proud of I find I’ve started sticking it out haha

We are sticking to having a suprise and staying team yellow :) will just need to make sure with our scans they don't give us an accidental flash ! Lol

What's everyone's thoughts on FB announcements ?
Hubby isn't fussed either way but has said to me because we've waited so long for these bubbas and he knows how much I struggled with them on FB as I longed for our own that I deserve to put one on
I suppose I'm still quite nervous about everything ?

What's everyone's thoughts on FB announcements ?
Hubby isn't fussed either way but has said to me because we've waited so long for these bubbas and he knows how much I struggled with them on FB as I longed for our own that I deserve to put one on
I suppose I'm still quite nervous about everything ?

Yeah, I'm not sure about this one and I have no friends or family (of my generation) with kids yet. I think it'll come as a big surprise to many, as I am only 24 and many of my friends are still students.

If I do, I was thinking of sticking pink hair bows or blue bow ties on my next sonogram and then posting the picture with something like "Pending January 2017!" Can't be dealing with love hearts and cheesy bump pictures, but that's just my preference!

Ahh Laura that's such a cute idea! I'd love to do a gender reveal of some kind but my OH thinks it's way too cheesy and honestly, I think the majority of my family's/friend's reactions would be so disappointing :(

It's definitely a bit cheesy and American, but as my mum said "sounds suitable tacky" haha. It's just a bit of fun really for my parents, grandma (who is rarely in the UK) and siblings because everyone happens to be nearby at the moment. Also it'll by my partner's birthday, and the first time my siblings will have met him! So there's a lot of reason to make a cake and be a bit cheesy :dance:

I think because these are the first grandchildren and great-grandchildren for grandma, they are quite excited. Any subsequent children might not stir as much excitement. Not that I'm planning on popping anymore out after this, I'd have to be mad to go through another first trimester! My mum said she said that with all 3 of us though.

I think your idea is adorable and tasteful! I'd go full on though with balloons in a box or firing confetti out of a cannon or something which is definitely cheesy haha

Anyway, I totally caved today and went for a gender scan. We're having a little boy :blue: :D I'm so pleased, one of each! My OH doesn't want to find out til the 20 week scan though so I have to keep :x til then aaagh

Last edited:
Robbda, yes it's definitely a relief, especially as bf said early on "I can't handle a special needs child" and I don't think I could face abortion. And then we both cried when we were told about the options if one twin has a trisonomy and one doesn't and none of us could face that. Now we can just relax.

Blueflower, so sad to hear about your missing cat. But don't give up hope! We just got our Sammie back after two months. We had completely given up, but my mother in law so a post on Facebook and it turned out she had been taken in by a lovely couple just around the corner!

I'm really conflicted about the gender thing. I feel pretty pressured by people to find out, but originally I didn't want to, because I don't want to unconsciously start to place my baby in a certain slot even before they are born (research shows people start talking differently to the bump already based on what gender they believe it is) and I'm really not a fan of colour coding. But if they are different, we would know if they're identical, which I'd like to know. But part me also feel like refusing because everyone keeps asking if I'm going to find out. Then again, it might be hard to avoid because I'm having so many scans late I pregnancy. Might ask not to be told, and if I see some myself than so be it.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I am staying team yellow although I'm pretty convinced I'm having another boy. I don't believe it any of the theories so am ignoring them but I had a very clear nub on my scan picture and I've done a lot of research to convince myself it's just a theory etc but it is based on medical evidence and can be over 90% accurate with it being more accurate predicting boys. I am not disappointed in having another boy at all but feel like the surprise has been spoilt for me. I asked someone I know about the reliability of using nub as she is a sonographer and she said it is a reliable way of predicting sex of baby.

I stayed team yellow last time and I too had so much pressure to find out. We didn't though and to find out at the birth was really magical and I would recommend it to anyone.

I think your idea is adorable and tasteful! I'd go full on though with balloons in a box or firing confetti out of a cannon or something which is definitely cheesy haha

Anyway, I totally caved today and went for a gender scan. We're having a little boy :blue: :D I'm so pleased, one of each! My OH doesn't want to find out til the 20 week scan though so I have to keep :x til then aaagh

Ahh you're the first to find out, I think! That's so exciting! I'm convinced boys and oh is convinced girls. I am usually right :lol:

uhh I've just had a horrible outing. I was walking up the road to the supermarket, eating a biscuit, and it randomly started to taste like soap (a chocolate biscuit) so I immediately was sick. Luckily it's raining, so I don't think anyone was about to see. Anyway, once that was over, I carried on to the shop and thought I'd be ok. Once I got there though, I felt awful like I was going to faint. So I just walked home really slowly.

Soap taste anyone else?? I've had it a few times now.

uhh I've just had a horrible outing. I was walking up the road to the supermarket, eating a biscuit, and it randomly started to taste like soap (a chocolate biscuit) so I immediately was sick. Luckily it's raining, so I don't think anyone was about to see. Anyway, once that was over, I carried on to the shop and thought I'd be ok. Once I got there though, I felt awful like I was going to faint. So I just walked home really slowly.

Soap taste anyone else?? I've had it a few times now.

Ohh that doesn't sound pleasant! I haven't had the soap taste but after I eat anything it leave a horrible aftertaste in my mouth.

I have been feeling a bit sick today. 16 weeks and still not feeling great. I'm in work but can't focus on doing anything as the sickness keeps coming over me in waves.

Blueflower, so sad to hear about your missing cat. But don't give up hope! We just got our Sammie back after two months. We had completely given up, but my mother in law so a post on Facebook and it turned out she had been taken in by a lovely couple just around the corner!

That's reassuring, thanks! Was he ok? Heard stories of cats with their claws worn down from scratching to get out, so worried about her. If she comes back we'll be prepared in case she goes on an adventure every summer!

We will probably find out the genders at our 20 week scan! I wonder if I'm right!

There isn't really that many of us in this group compared to other months. or certainly compared to when I was last in a due month group. it's nice in a way as we can all get to know eachother better and it doesn't get too confusing.

I think some people avoid Dec/Jan babies so don't try for the month, which could be why we don't have some many in the group. Although with all the twins, I think we make up for the lack of adults in babies.

I wouldn't have chosen December/January but beggars can't be choosers with IVF!
Choosing the month would have been a luxury, maybe 20 years ago!

I don't mind a January baby, I've been thinking of advantages-

- We can buy birthday presents for them in the post-xmas sales
- Studies have indicated that there is an advantage to being older in your school year
- Something to look forward to every January (partyyy)
- New year, new babies
- They might be old enough to somewhat appreciate their first Christmas!

I probably shouldn't have put the cheap skate one first..

My first baby was due almost 2 year to the date before this baby. He end up being born the second of February after being extremely overdue! At first I didn't think January baby was ideal but I really enjoyed it. I loved enjoying Christmas without the stress of a new born baby then having something to look forward to after Christmas. Then when he was born, it was lovley to be all snug with him on the cold dark nights. then when the summer arrived he was old enough to crawl about and look so cute in the summer clothes. I could actually buy him some toys I knew he would enjoy on his first Christmas. I got to have a nice summer off work having fun with him. You don't tend to go out much in the first few weeks months so by the time summer came it was perfect. Plus they are not the oldest in the school year and not the youngest. I would ever let the time of year stop me from trying to conceive ( Although having a baby close to Christmas isn't ideal but that too seems kinda magical. Go January babies!!!!

I'm definitely wanting to stay team yellow but also thought I could see a nub on one of my scan pictures!! Maybe i'll choose to ignore it and forget about it..

Haha, didn't think of that one! January sale shopping is going to be amazing now - going to have to do some mega budgeting as we go all out at Christmas.. I never would have chosen January either but i'm looking forward to never having the post-Christmas slump again as we'll have Birthday parties to plan! My little girl is the end of March so not too jammed together..

I like that it's a smaller group - you aren't scrolling back through pages of missed posts.. I'm so nervous about screening results.. The NT measurement was higher than I felt comfortable with and we went away 2 days after the scan, i've had absolutely no phone signal so have been worrying the whole time that i've missed a call.. Back Saturday, going to have to call first thing Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back