January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

I look smaller here than I actually am in real life. Husband confirmed that I am bigger in real life. lol!

Attachments

• 15 weeks 1 day.jpg
    15 weeks 1 day.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 18
Oh Princess that is a gorgeous bump!! I also feel really big already but most of it is bloating, I feel like a blimp! I took this on Sunday :) I'm on holiday and feel so self conscious as i'm firmly in "is she fat or pregnant" territory haha!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 20
Lovely bumps ladies they look fab X
Kate that's defo a pregnant bump for sure X
This was my bump yesterday morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 21
Beautiful bumps!
This was mine last week
13768163_274202449603486_368064552_n.jpg

Don't think I was this big until about 22 weeks last time!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I'm trying to avoid taking more than one or two a day but it is helpin a lot.

I look 6 months pregnant haha! But I've got a massive bum so my bump makes me look like a hippo :( wedding on Saturday and I will be surrounded by all my drunk, skinny friends!! X

you have lovely bumps ladies. You all look pregnant and definitely not fat! Blonde- it's horrible being around non pregnant people. It always makes you feel huge and boring but you're not!

Ohh you all look so amazing!! Your drunk skinny friends are't carrying the beautiful gift of life inside them Blonde ;) Dance the night away and let your amazing body fill you with confidence! I do feel a secret sense of womanly pride being pregnant if you know what I mean :) Glad the medication is working, hope it all gets better soon! xx

My stomach seems to be a lot of bloat and presumably some babies! It was quite flat before, so it's definitely feeling stretcheeeed.

My oh is finally coming over to the UK to join me in a couple of days. It's his 31st on the 8th, so I'm thinking about booking a private ultrasound as a bday present, as he hasn't seen them since 9 weeks and we should be able to find out the gender by then!

Attachments

• IMG_5044.jpg
    IMG_5044.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 22
Are you girls enjoying being pregnant? I feel guilty saying it, but I feel really sick and fed up and not enjoying it at all. I feel like I should be over the moon but I can't wait for it to be over.

Are you girls enjoying being pregnant? I feel guilty saying it, but I feel really sick and fed up and not enjoying it at all. I feel like I should be over the moon but I can't wait for it to be over.
I feel the same. Even if the sickness has gotten better I sometimes get nauseous, I have to eat small meals all the time and I'm not normally a snack person. Running to the bathroom every five minutes, and constipation. Also got quite a bit of stretching pain, and have started experiencing some round ligament pain when I get up from being seated. Meanwhile no bump. I just feel sick more than pregnant. Everyone keeps telling me I should be happy and I'm mostly grumpy, when I'm not panicking (still haven't gotten over the shock of there being two babies).
So you're not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying it now, but the first 14 weeks were awful, despite the fact I got off pretty lightly with symptoms. Just trying to soak it all in and enjoy it as much as possible before the third trimester hits and I'm whiny and uncomfortable!

Ugh I'd be really annoyed if people were telling me to be happy though, they have no idea how you're feeling...

I feel the same. Even if the sickness has gotten better I sometimes get nauseous, I have to eat small meals all the time and I'm not normally a snack person. Running to the bathroom every five minutes, and constipation. Also got quite a bit of stretching pain, and have started experiencing some round ligament pain when I get up from being seated. Meanwhile no bump. I just feel sick more than pregnant. Everyone keeps telling me I should be happy and I'm mostly grumpy, when I'm not panicking (still haven't gotten over the shock of there being two babies).
So you're not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Me too, I've got horrible round ligament pain, I can't lie on my back or sit for long. I'm still being sick but it's more like every couple of days instead of multiple times per day, and at least not feeling nauseous all day every day like before.

And I feel the same re shock of two. I feel like I could handle one, but two is very scary. I worry about the fighting over toys and double nursery fees (along with double everything else). I have friends with twins though, and they said that whilst the early days were hard, the girls are 5 now and play together all the time and keep themselves occupied, which is lovely.

We'll be ok :)

I think we feel pressure to be that glowing, smiling pregnant woman and that just isn't the reality for most of us! Don't feel guilty, you've had a bloody rough time.. That's a lovely idea for his Birthday present though - how exciting!! Hope you feel better soon, I really enjoyed the second trimester with my first.. Energy levels up, excitement at your growing bump.. 1st trimester worry gone but 3rd trimester discomfort not there yet.. It was great! Hope you get to enjoy it xx

Laura what does your round ligament pain feel like ? I've got something like I feel like I've pulled a muscle & it twinges when I do things like get up from the toilet or have been sitting for a while?

Laura what does your round ligament pain feel like ? I've got something like I feel like I've pulled a muscle & it twinges when I do things like get up from the toilet or have been sitting for a while?

I've had it since about 6 weeks, but it feels like a pulled muscle in my tailbone area. Sometimes it hurts when I walk, and it the early weeks it was excruciating to walk at times, but now it's mostly set off by sitting or lying down and having anything make contact with that area. When I stand up, it's pretty sore for a while. Have to sleep on my side, too.

Ah right bless you have you tried any exercise to help at all?

I asked my consultant about the whole having to lay on left side & not on your back etc as I was always making sure I was on my left & ending up waking in the night with achy hip ! And she said don't stress left or right is fine & on your back as you get bigger your body will tell you that it can't do it. X

I don't stick with any specific side, I usually toss and turn for a while until I'm comfy. The only kind of exercise I'm doing these days is gentle walks. Pillow between legs helps!

Despite all my moaning, I'm very excited now that I have this gender scan booked! I am trying to round up my family for lunch that day, so I can make a "gender reveal cake". I'm going to bake a cake and put two smarties inside, either blue or pink. I might engineer it carefully so that my grandma gets the smarties slices, as I think she will get quite excited about it.

Last edited:
I'm not having fun haha. At the wedding yesterday I kept bursting into tears - the vows, the reception , the speeches and majorly when the bride who's my friend announced she was two weeks behind me!!!!!! ❤️

Ahh Laura that's such a cute idea! I'd love to do a gender reveal of some kind but my OH thinks it's way too cheesy and honestly, I think the majority of my family's/friend's reactions would be so disappointing :(

Lovely idea Laura!
Oh wow BlondeP that is really emotional! I always cry at weddings even on TV! Heard a baby cry in M&S yesterday and felt upset as it sounded like our little cat who is missing. :cry:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back