January 2017 mummies! **2nd Trimester.**

HoldingThumbs, I have majorly dry nips haha! No idea why!

We've bought a lovely newborn wrap - I had a ring sling with my daughter as a newborn and hated it, then we switched to an Ergo which is fantastic but I'd rather wait til LO's about 3 months to use that

Other than that, we've been total cheapskates and have only bought second hand baby grows. There are some lovely 2nd hand children's shops near us and they work out about £1 each.

We'll be co-sleeping so not buying a cot or anything, I am considering maybe a moses basket for daytime naps in the living room though...mostly to prevent my toddler from pulling over/sitting on baby etc?!

I think the only big expense we have is a car seat...my OH is learning to drive, fingers crossed he'll be driving by the end of the year...but I am definitely buying extra safe car seats!!

Sprout, I need your advice in realtion to wraps/slings. When I breastfed my first baby as a newborn I felt like I couldn't go anywhere as he was feeding a lot. That won't be an option this time around with a 2 year old as well so am thinking of getting a sling/wrap that I can hold baby in and also breastfeed in so that I can stll do things with toddler. Any ideas.

In terms of co-sleeping, I was too frightened last time to co sleep but ended up doing so when he got a bit older. This time I am more confident about cosleeeping and realise it's a must when breastfeeding. Do you have a side cot, or anything in particular to make this easier?

Thanks.

This is the wrap we got: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017WIOA1M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I'm fairly sure it can just be loosened a little to bf in. I tried it out with a doll and it seems lovely, a little long winded to put on but I'm sure after a couple of goes it'll be easy enough.

There are some great babywearing groups on Facebook who are a bit more expert on the subject though :)

Co sleeping is actually incredibly safe as long as you follow guidelines (No duvets or pillows anywhere near baby, breastfeeding mother, no one else sleeping next to baby, no drug or alcohol use etc) We had a lovely co sleeper with my daughter but it was annoying still having to transfer her to it after she fell asleep (I found it hard to lay down and feed her in it) so at five months she just came into our bed which made things sooo much easier. This baby will be straight in our bed. That does mean Anna will be going into her own bed in about October though :( I'm sure I'll mind more than her!

Oh amazing, my Nana turned into a knit-a-holic when I was expecting my daughter and we had a knitted cardi for every age! She still wears some of them :D I saw your thread Blonde, really hope everything's ok and you get the reassurance you need hun..

Holding thumbs if it's really uncomfortable, an emollient cream like diprobase will really help! Also, oats in a pair of tights strapped to the tap runs a lovely oaty bath which is lovely and soothing!

I'm not dry, just so spotty :( I feel like a teenager.. I think it's the progesterone! One goes and then 3 more pop up!

Yeah I'm sure it will be okay. Worst thing that may happen is baby will be very early and small :/ trying not to fret! I totally get you about the teenage skin! My partner has never seen so many spots on me I look horrendous haha! Where is this pregnancy glow?!? Xxxxx

I've got really dry heels which hasn't happened before and some beautiful spots on my chest :/

OH and update, I got my private scan moved to tomorrow pm so I don't have to wait the weekend to find out what's going on xx

Ooh that's great Laura! With you on the spotty chest..yum..

I'm sure you'll both be just perfect :) I'm not into old wives' tales but just for fun, one theory is that girls take your beauty (spots, dull hair, general ogre-like appearance) and boys give you that beautiful pregnancy glow! Never know, could have a radiant girl on board ;)

Oh Laura, that's so exciting!

I have thankfully not had any skin issues, yet...
Maybe try peanut oil Holdingthumbs? My mum was told to use that on my brother when he was born looking like he was covered in scales he was so dry.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Randomly I seem to have gone off some meats! I chose spicy bean burgers over turkey burgers tonight & I don't like ham in my sandwhiches at the moment! Ek what's happening lol. X

Ooh that's great Laura! With you on the spotty chest..yum..

I'm sure you'll both be just perfect :) I'm not into old wives' tales but just for fun, one theory is that girls take your beauty (spots, dull hair, general ogre-like appearance) and boys give you that beautiful pregnancy glow! Never know, could have a radiant girl on board ;)

If that's the case, we definitely have a couple of girls on board! Hope I won't be ogre-like forever :lol:

Randomly I seem to have gone off some meats! I chose spicy bean burgers over turkey burgers tonight & I don't like ham in my sandwhiches at the moment! Ek what's happening lol. X

Me too! I'm off my favourites like beef & chicken. The idea of mince makes me physically gag haha! Hard being around a big meat lover too :(

I think I'm going to just stick to this thread from now on... Put a seperate post asking other people's birth plans (I know the mostly never go to plan) and all I've had back is everyone telling me how mine is a bad idea and they'd never forgive themselves if they had an issue while having a home birth etc etc :( wasn't asking opinions! I think hormonal me has taken it to heart too much xxxxx

Me too! I'm off my favourites like beef & chicken. The idea of mince makes me physically gag haha! Hard being around a big meat lover too :(

I think I'm going to just stick to this thread from now on... Put a seperate post asking other people's birth plans (I know the mostly never go to plan) and all I've had back is everyone telling me how mine is a bad idea and they'd never forgive themselves if they had an issue while having a home birth etc etc :( wasn't asking opinions! I think hormonal me has taken it to heart too much xxxxx

Weird isn't it lol I'm a proper carnivore normally as well but strangely enough chicken is ok if fajitas it some kind of spicy wrap!

Oh bless you Hun don't take to heart everyone has their own experiences & views & I saw that your on the same road as the hospital so of its safe for you to have a home birth and everyone is happy then go with what you want. My mum was a midwife & she just always said to me that have a plan if you want of course but just be prepared if changes are needed & I just think as long as you & baby are happy & safe then go with the flow. I haven't got one only as I know it will probably be a c-section with the twinnies & I'd rather an elective than an emergency & that I want hubby to tell me the genders when they are born X

Aww blue flower that's quite exciting! I wish I had enough patience to wait until birth for my OH to tell me the sex.

Now is it mad of me to be decorating the nursery today? Haha! Figured it best done while I can still move! Xxxxx

Nah go for it why not ey ;-)
We are starting our extension Monday ! Ek lol

Blonde have a look in pregnancy chat as there's a home birth chat on there X

Ahh no :( I'm planning a home birth and I had a retained placenta and haemorrhage first time round, went to chat to a consultant about it yesterday and he ok'd it...so if they're not worried about that, it's definitely not fair for people to assume yours is a bad idea!

The midwives are so on the ball at home births and get you in an ambulance at the first sign of anything, it's very very rare that anything bad happens. People don't know what they're talking about!

Thanks for the reassurance sprout! My MIL advised it for me and has delivered many babies at home - she said its the nicest way to do it! Of course if there are worries etc then the hospital it is, but I at least want to try :)

Are you having a pool for yours? Xxx

Ah some people are bad for insisting everyone else live by their opinions. Don't worry about it, do whatever you want and it's nobody's business!

I can't believe I've got my gender scan in less than 3 hours. I've got a horrendous headache and really nervous/excited!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back