Idea's of a way to tell my Mum im pregnant!

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Girls,

I still haven't plucked up the courage to tell my parents or OH's parents im pregnant. I really really want to tell them.. But im soooo nervous! Im not very good with confrontation and would end up blushing SOOO bad if I did it to there face by just blurting it out.

So I DID mean to tell my mum 2 weeks ago the day she was due to go on holiday for 2 weeks, as I thought if she wasn't happy about it, or fancied telling me Im to young or stupid etc etc, she had 2 weeks away to think about it and get used to it. OH told me not to do that incase I ruined her holiday... Urmmm right lol...

So... I would like to tell my mum sometime before my 12 week scan because I would like her to come with me and want her to get used to idea before we go.

Any ideas???

(I nearly text her today before she was due to leave her appartment to come home but again chickened out and thought a text wasn't the right way)

I might just be being stupid and she could just take it really well and be really really happy about it, but come on... Would you guys be happy about being a Granny at 42 :)

x

I would go make her one of those cards on Clinton's with Granny (or whatever) to be on it and have a pic of your pregnancy test on it. Then kind of do it as an invitation to your 12 week scan, do you have the date yet? I think that'd be good. Then she can phone you with the reaction rather than you having to be there with her and duck if it's received badly :lol: x

Aww thanks Princess, thats a lovely idea! I will do that!

No not got my date yet but the midwife told me I would hear about it pretty soon. She has arranged it for me and just waiting for the letter now.

So I assume I will know by the time im 10 weeks... Guess thats plenty of time.. My mum has 2 weeks notice to get used to it ha!

I have no idea why im so nervous! It's not like Im a teenager! Plus I have my argument lined up if she has ago at me for being young (22) .. She had me at 17!

Im sat here preparing for it now lol

I was in exactly the same situation! (ages and everything lol) I just blurted it out on the phone! She had to ask me to repeat myself as it was gobbledy goop! But she's thrilled!

Aww glad she was thrilled for you! Hope mine is too!

Did it take her some time to get used to it or was she happy straight away?

x

She was practically laughing (in a good way) my nan wasn't so impressed tho lol! But even now shes used to it and got all teary looking at the scan pic

The card idea sounds really good to me too might use that myself!

We havent told my parents or dh's mum yet or our girls tbh!

A couple of our friends know but thats it,

I got the disapproving looks/your too young lecture with dd1 (i was 19 when got caught 20 when i had her) and with dd2 my mums reaction was "oh i have a bad feeling bout this one!!!!!!!"

You'll have to update us with how it went xxx

I like the card idea :) I waited til after the 12 week scans to tell people.. so did my sister, she presented them with a pic in their xmas cards..

My sister made my mum a gran at 34 so I knew I was safe and she'd be happy for me as she's now 55!
I told her to stop spending her money as she was going to need it lol

I got my parents a book called "the grandparents guidebook" and wrapped it up. When they opened it and saw the title, my mum started crying :)

I wish I had taken my own advice with the card, but I was so excited I phoned them as soon as I got my bfp :roll: x

Wow Tinks that is a young gran ! How did she take that news lol?

Jomc - thats lovely ! Ohhh im liking yours and princess's - I may do both lol

JoJo - I will update as soon as I have done it - Promise

:)

Im all excited now, nerves gone away... For the time being!

I was 18 when i had my 1st, mum said she knew by my face before i told her..lol she was fine, she just said thats its my life at the end of the day and that she will always be there for me no matter what.. so made it alot easier to tell her about this LO, im 23 now! and she is 46 with 3 grandchildren (well 2 atm, untill my little man arrives)

hope it goes well :) x

hey hun i just saw this and had to comment! i was DREADING telling my mum, she had never met my oh, we were living in a foreign country and to top it all off we had only been together 6months!!! i told her when i was 6weeks gone literally just after i had found out, as oh forced me to lol and at first she was reallllyyy shocked said she "needed to sit down and have a stiff drink" lol (bit extreme), didnt quite belive me at all, but she slowly came round to it! i think seeing the scan pictures too helped her.... she was more bothered that she was only 45 and about to become a nanna! anyway.... she got over it and absolutely dotes on my lo, hes the first grandchild and she spoils him like crazy and loves him to bits!!! i know its so nerve wracking but the longer you leave it the harder it gets! i had to do it via phone aswell!!! good luck & i am sure it will go well!!! =)))

I'm doing the card thing on Sunday! It's my dads birthday on Monday and my mums on Tuesday so I've got them a card that say nanna and grandad and inside I've wrote " you don't know me yet as I'm hiding in mummys tummy but we'll celerbtate when I arrive in February" I just know they'll be crying before they finish reading as they've been hinting for grand kids for a while i've just been selfish and travelled and put my career first!! But even at 31 I'm still a bit worried about telling them!! Haha

I'm doing the card thing on Sunday! It's my dads birthday on Monday and my mums on Tuesday so I've got them a card that say nanna and grandad and inside I've wrote " you don't know me yet as I'm hiding in mummys tummy but we'll celerbtate when I arrive in February" I just know they'll be crying before they finish reading as they've been hinting for grand kids for a while i've just been selfish and travelled and put my career first!! But even at 31 I'm still a bit worried about telling them!! Haha
thats a lovely idea!

I sent a card with a scan pic to her on mothers day! A friend just told his mum they were taking her out somewhere and took her to a private scan, she was quite shocked! My mum was a nan to my daughter at 39, she didn't mind, funny thing was she thought she might be pregnant at the time too! How funny would that have been! Was a bit yucky realising what my mum and dad must have been up to though lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back