How do i tell my mum?!?!?

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi all,

Providing peanut is ok at my scan tomorrow i was planning to tell my mum.

But how???????

I am so scared.

Its stupid as lat time she was really happy and i couldn't believe it. She loved it, but when i lost the baby she didn't really say much. So i have held off telling her. But i will have to soon.

I still live at home and will do for a good few years yet. My dad has MS and my mum couldn't cope if i moved out. DP doesn't live with me yet but plans to move in next year.

So obviously it will have a massive impact on her as i live in her house. But she was happy last time. Although last time we could get away with saying it was an accident, this time it's not so easy!! :shock:

Help please!

Lau & Peanut

I'd show her the scan pic luv.

You do need to tell her if you live at home, and she may just surprise you.

Good luck for the scan and telling your parents :hug:

I know,

She was so happy last time and thats why i haven't told her until the scan.

I wouldn't want to put her through that again if it went wrong and i lost peanut!

But its just come around so quick and now its tomorrow and i don't know how to approach the subject..........

Lau
x

Aww...I felt the same about telling my folks and my MIL.......I was surprised at their positive reaction though which was nice!

Sit her down with a cuppa, and just explain that you have some news, and that you are expecting again - then leave her to react.......don't try to bumble through lots of info, you need to let her take it in bit by bit......then show her the scan picture and explain that you wanted to wait until the scan as you were worried following the mc, and just wanted to make sure everything was ok............

Grandchildren are such a blessing, and at the end of the day....it's gonna happen at some point, don't worry about having to explain whether it was accident or planned.

My moms reaction was to deflect it back to me, I told her I was pg, then waited and she said.....how do you feel? I just said honestly that I felt shocked, scared and excited, and she's fine with it.......which was not the reaction I was expecting!

Best of luck hun, I hope all goes well for you........you will feel tons better once you have told her - it's such a weight off the shoulders!

I think Emmylou pretty much has it covered there!

But good luck with that and also for the scan. x

i agree with what the others say hun,
good luck at your scan tomorrow and telling your mum

I'd tell her Laura - I know you're worried but I'm sure she'll be so happy. She might have her suspicions anyway - women seem to have a sixth sense about these things.

How are the pains now? Make sure you post tomorrow or Thursday to let us know how your scan goes. I've been thinking about you today.

Valentine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back