Ideas for fruit salads

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
Odhrán would have a banana every morning with his bottle, he had some strawberries and mandarins today and he loved them, I'm going to get lots of fruit tomorrow and chop it up and put it into portions..

Can you freeze fresh fruit? I was thinking of chilling some and freezing others for later use.

I'm thinking strawberries, kiwis, pear, apple, plums.. Any other recommendations?

What compliments eachother? I have no idea, I've only ever ate banana and apple :blush:

hey there
not sure if you can freeze fresh fruit but we get what's on offer at our local market and works out much cheaper. I just put together anything, tbh, it all goes. we do what you said and owen loves pineapple, grapes, blueberries, raspberries (bit more pricey) pears, melon... I just chop a little bit for us both every morning and he has bit for breakkie and bits through the day with snacks
x

Minchin asda have an in season sale on, raspberries, strawberries, plums, peaches, bananas, apples, satsumas and more for £1.. Think that's where I'm going to hit today, must have a look on google see if you can freeze them, would be worth getting a few of the raspberry punnets in if you can freeze xx

ah thanks! will have a look tomorrow. Sure you can prob freeze them, don't see why you couldn't? Enjoy!

i buy madison ALL fruit, she loves mango passion fruit pineapple she LOVES watermelon grapes strawberries oranges kiwis the works! if u think its starting to go off bung in a blender and make a smoothie!!

ive started buying the frozen berries for madison like 6 diff berries in quite a big box for £2 or something and i can take out a handful and leave to defrost in fridge daily :) xxx

Odhrán would literally eat anything, the only thing he has really rejected is cucumber, I read up on google that freezing fresh fruit does something to them because they are a high percentage of water and when they are thawing it affects the texture or something or other lol I have noticed the frozen fruits in asda maybe pick one up to try xx

Oh and nectarines plums and pears :) I get frozen berries they are ok but "bitty" sometimes :eh: x

I got satsumas, are they related to nectarines :lol: Also got him frozen summer fruits, from what I seen it looks like strawberries, raspberries, blue berries, blackberries, cranberries (maybe).. Have them all portioned into tubs, 1 in the fridge the rest in the freezer.. Got bananas, kiwis, satsumas, strawberries and pears x

I completely forgot about that side of it :shock: Roll on tomorrow :sick:

how is he getting on with all the fruit now mrs?! :) xxx

I got my first explosive nappy yesterday.. It was vile lol he's doing really well, loving them, was washing a few dishes yesterday and he was in the kitchen, I turn round and he had a satsuma half peeled and was eating it like an apple :lol: I'm not too fussed on the frozen fruits, they're so soggy when thawed x

u can use them frozen in the blnder with some fresh makes it cold like a smoothie :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back