Home grown veg and weaning

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I've missed most of the sowing season for this year but am thinking of getting plug plants. I will be sowing for winter/early spring veg but I have no idea what veg babies eat when weaning! Is there anything they can't have? I'll be pureeing apples, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, pears, plums and redcurrants to freeze so he can have fresh fruit over the autumn/winter months but not sure on veg.

Anyone grow your own out there? xxxxxxxxx

Strawberries and kiwis aren't recommended until over the age of one, due to allergies to them being so common.

I have no idea what grows well in what season but what about veg like sweet potato, butternut squash etc?

Ooooo thanks I didn't know that about strawberries! If I can find some pumpkin plants I plan on making pumpkin soup again this year and freezing it. Root veg doesn't do terribly well in our garden so might have to get some potato bags and try sweet potatoes xxxxxxxx

I give Kynon strawberries and kiwis! The only thing recommended to stay away from is honey cos of bacteria and if there are any family allergies to anything. You just introduce one food at a time gradually so if there are any problems you will know the offending food. Salt and processed crap are the main things you need to watch not home grown veg and fruit like your doing. That's brilliant btw, wish I could do that!

It's very easy hun, even to grow on windowsills if you don't have a garden. Lots of places do garden shares now though, where someone elderly or who works all the time gives access to someone who has more time or is more physically capable and you share the produce. Your local allotment society can help you find some growing land if you need it xxxxxxxx

I have a garden just not green fingers! Maybe have a go when Kynon can help!

I'm a sow it and see gardener....sow it and see if it grows lol. I don't follow the strict ways of doing things, I don't do chemicals I use companion planting. If ever you want to give it a go I'll always help as much as I can hunny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back