our babies' fave foods - sharing inspiration and tips!

petchy

Reaction score
thought it might be a good idea to share ideas and recipes here!

ruben eats pretty much anything, either on their own or mixed - but his fave combos are:

sweet potato and parsnip
swede, carrot and broccoli
apple and mango with a little baby rice
pear and peach
peach and banana
carrot and apple (yes, really!!)
baby rice with any of the pureed fruits or banana

he also loves chomping on half a raw carrot or a piece of swede, they are hard enough for him not to be able to bite bits off and choke, but great for soothing his gums when he is teething a little!

i make up all the purees separately and freeze in ice cube trays, then heat and mix as and when i need them. i cook the fruit and veg in a small amount of water and then i use the cooking water in the puree afterwards to keep all the vitamins. if the puree is too runny i add some baby rice, if it's too thick i add some formula (this makes them creamier too) to make it the right consistency for ruben - he hates it if it's too runny!

anyone else want to share their recipes and tips? :D

I do that petchy mix and match ice cubes.

Matthew loves apple and pear and he has that cold as well so nice on a hot dayi always want to eat it!

Braydon is having our foods now his fave is roast chck chick with all d extras hehe

bayleys is baked beans lol o ye he likes rice aswel
luv b x ps he does like other stuff aswel

hassan loves sweet potato so i'm using it with almost all vegetables - such as courgettes, carrots, swede, parsnip and lots of other stuff.

I also make him potato with peeled tomatoes and rice pudding or baby rice and it works a treat.

He also loves papaya with apple and pear! and if he doesn't finish his portion it's never wasted!!!!! :lol: there's always mummy to eat it !!!

Mel is 7 months now so I thought I'd share a few protein ideas I've gathered from books etc.

Make up a cheese sauce and freeze in slightly larger containers than ice cubes (I got some really cheap ones in Asda that you can reuse or dispose of ) that way you can add it to poached or grilled fish to make fish in cheese sauce, cauliflower to make cauliflower cheese, pasta chopped up to make macaroni cheese plus you could add some cooked mince to it to make a pasta sauce or any kind of pureed veg to make a different sauce for mash or rice or pasta

Chicken casserole- just whacked a boned chicken breast fillet into a dish with a potato chopped up, carrot, bit of onion and some saltless stock. When it was cooked I pureed it and it goes well on baby rice, with mash or again with pasta as a pasta sauce.

Mince- Mel can cope with mince after it has been pulsed quickly in a blender so I made some with a tin of tomatos and some onion. You can do this with potato to make cottage pie and pasta to make spag bol

Haddock in cheese sauce- as above. Just put the boneless fish fillet into the oven with a bit of milk and poached it. Afterwards I squidged it with my fingers to check for bones then added some cheese sauce to it. It goes well with the main carbs.

All these seemed like easy places to start on meat as they freeze easily and combine well.

+++

just cooked Cobys dinner for today,

steamed white fish, carrots and brocoli. It smells so nice that i want it!

think i will have to go make some more hehe

its the first time he has had fish so i hope he likes it!

his fave so far is sweet potatoe and carrots.

xxx

Kaiden eats anything thats going at the mo, i blended some veg for him yesterday and he ate the lot like it was a chocolate cake, im stiill trying him on new things but theres nothing he wont eat, just as well with my cooking !!! XkelX

I was naughty the other day and as I hadn't had time to make a batch of taties and veg for Reece's tea I threw a couple of birds eye fish fingers in he easy grill and mashed them up for him in a bowl. He loved them and seemed to enjoy them loads more than anything else he's had :D

Other than that though his most fave thing is a quarter of an orange (still with skin). He'll sit and chomp on it till there's no flesh left then twine for another bit :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back