I feel so useless :( :(

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Well basically the title says it all. I'm a big useless lump!

I was supposed to go out and pay some bills today, and buy DH something for Christmas (haven't got him anything yet) but I'm so ill I can barely leave the bathroom.

We also got a new dining table delivered, and its flat pack, so I thought I could build that to make me feel like I'm doing SOMETHING, but I built the table, and can't even think about the chairs. It took me ages to build cuz I kept having to rush to the bathroom. So that's sitting unfinished in my kitchen.
Normally, when we get flat pack furniture, I have it built in a jiffy!

I can't cook hubby dinner for when he comes home from work, because any smell is making me throw up.
I can't even keep anything down, not even water :(

I'm currently curled up on my bathroom floor feeling mega sorry for myself and totally useless :(

I have no idea how I'm gona get DH a Christmas present as its too late to order online and I can't go shopping.
I have no idea how I'm gonna cope cooking Christmas dinner because I throw up when I smell anything - literally anything!

I'm so happy to be pregnant, I really am! But I just wish I didn't feel so sick :(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sorry you're feeling so down. I'm sure your OH understands so I really wouldn't stress yourself out as you will just make yourself feel worse. Do you have someone who can go out and buy Christmas presents for you? x

Oh hon, poor you. Morning sickness is such a sod isn't it. If it's any consolation I'm currently hiding in my office at work with a glass of champagne that my boss bought round trying not to throw up at the smell of it and also trying to think of how I can subtly dispose of it without anyone seeing!

I'm the same except I'm not rushing to the loo to be sick. I just feel really sick but the way I stop myself is to sit or lie down & keep cool. When I stand up I get dizzy & feel very sick so nothing in this house is getting done. We have loads of people coming to stay tomorrow & I have no idea how I'm gonna get housework done cos I can't stand up for too long!! Arrrgh! I managed to get my Xmas shopping done before feeling so crap. Can you get someone else to get something for him? Xx

Your OH will understand so stop worrying about his pressie.

I think you should visit your GP about the sickness as they may be able to do something for you?

(Maybe Kanga will pop on and advise as I am sure she was signed off work for severe sickness and was given some anti-sickness stuff by her Dr)

Sorry you are feeling so rough sweetie!

xxxxxxxxx

I don't know what to get him, so I'd need to browse and make a decision. I was gona ask my mum to get him something but she won't be able to until Saturday, and even then, I've no idea what to ask her to get.
He told me not to worry about it, but I'd feel bad if he had nothing from me on Christmas day.

This is our first Christmas as a married couple, and our first Christmas dinner together on our own, and I really wanted it to be perfect, but at this rate, he'll be lucky if I can make him a slice of toast for dinner lol. X

Have a look online to get ideas for what to get him and then get your Mum to get it for you on Saturday. I'm sure your OH won't mind cooking dinner. Have you seen your doctor about the sickness as there is probably something they can give you to help? x

I feel your pain!! Feel so sick!!! Hopefully it will go away soon and can just enjoy being pregnant x

I don't know what to get him, so I'd need to browse and make a decision. I was gona ask my mum to get him something but she won't be able to until Saturday, and even then, I've no idea what to ask her to get.
He told me not to worry about it, but I'd feel bad if he had nothing from me on Christmas day.

This is our first Christmas as a married couple, and our first Christmas dinner together on our own, and I really wanted it to be perfect, but at this rate, he'll be lucky if I can make him a slice of toast for dinner lol. X

I know it's your first Christmas just the two of you as a married couple but it's also your first Crimo of being preggers and I am sure your hubby will be fine with whatever you can manage!

You'll be laughing about it next year!

It's not romantic but can you not ask hubby to pick up something he wants and maybe pay him for it / wrap it?

Oh hun, I am sure your OH will understand completly, you are more important that a present.

As for Christmas dinner I am sure that he will more than understand about this too.... my DH cannot cook so I do all of the cooking but this week, I can just about stand the smell of toast so he is having to sort out food himself.... completely understand your desire to provide but your health comes first....

xx

go the doctor, they have medication that will help. its important you do so you can eat and give baby nutrients n stuff
i hope it gets better soon for you hun

Thanks girls.
I will phone the doc 2moro and see if they can prescribe me something to ease the sickness. If I get my mum or dad to pick it up for me 2moro I'll hopefully be on the mend for Crimbo.

Sorry for this pathetic thread lol. I'm not handling my hormones very well today :-/ x

*Big hugs*, Deffo a good idea to go to the drs and see if they can give you something. The sickness is so draining isn't it?. I'm having a good day as far as the sickness goes which is the first day in two weeks i've not been throwing up, then i worry somethings wrong. Ah hormones lol! I bought some of the acupuncture wristbands they use for travel sickness and finding they really work maybe thats worth a try?

I'm sure your OH will understand, like the others said have a look for something online then least you have a rough idea. You could probably still order something but you'd have to pay loads for next day delivery. Places like next do it without extra charge mind you if you order by 9pm it comes the next day :)...

Hope you're feeling better soon

Thank u!
I had heard about those travel sickness bands. I'll defo give those a try :) x

hope your okay hun! just remember ur giving ur hubby the best present ever!!! (the baby) haha, so if he moans just tell him you thought that was enough this year :p haha, but im sure he'll be very understanding dont worry! hope u start to feel better soon xxxx

Oh hun, please see a doc soon, there is a high possibility you could get dehydrated if you cant even keep any water down. I've heard of some women getting so bad with sickness they need to be hospitalised and kept on a drip to rehydrate.
I hope you start feeling better soon, and enjoy your Christmas!

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of! Don't wana end up in hospital!

On a brighter note, I just ate a chocolate yoghurt and have so far managed to keep it down, which is bad because I'm intolerant to dairy products lol. But at least its something! X

Hope you manage to get something for the sickness. If it's any consolation I had to have my mom round today to help me tidy the house cos I've just felt too ill to move, she then went out and got my hubby's present, and chose something for herself.

I've already had to tell hubby that he'll have to cook Xmas dinner because I can't cope with the smell - not only that but I'm completely off meat so god knows what'll happen when I stare at a plate of turkey - urgh.

I feel miserable that I can't do the shopping myself - when I went Out a few says ago I started to feel really faint. They all understand though and rather I was comfortable and resting than worried about something - that in the scheme of things is nothing to worry about x

Hun definitely get urself down the doctor, and if u can collect some of ur fmu to take down to be tested for ketones, as this could tell if ur dehydrated. Luckily I got down the doctors in time to not need to be admitted to hospital, but I was close. The anti sickness tablets have been a god send, I still have bad days but not half as many and I have stopped losing weight. Lost about 1 and a half stone since being pregnant, but on the mend now.

Don't feel useless, I've done hardly anything for the last 7 weeks but my oh has been so understanding, coming home and cooking for himself, tidying up and anything else. While all I have done is lie on the sofa and be sick!! So don't be hard on urself and take it easy. Try and sip fluids as often as possible :hugs: xx

Last edited:
In terms of the Christmas present why don't you find what you want to get him online then write him out a voucher promising to get it for him as soon as you're feeling better? Or buy a voucher online for a romantic weekend trip away before baby comes? You'll get an email voucher for that the same day and you can just print it off, or an experience voucher?
Hope you feel better soon! I never threw up but had 3 weeks straight of feeling awful every time I smelt anything and my OH had to cook his dinner all that time as all I could stomach was toast, so don't feel bad...they understand. You could always delay your proper Xmas dinner until you're feeling better :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back