Petrified in case I have to go into hospital :(

I got home tonight at 8pm! Thank the lord!!

Managed to keep toast down this morning, and keep a sandwich down at about 5. I still have ketones in my urine but they are lessening, and they are happy now that I'm keeping food down. They gave me anti-sickness pills, and I'm trying to eat little and often. No meals, just snacks.

So glad to be home though!!
Thank u girls for all ur kind comments xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Glad you're home and okay :) x

Really glad that you're home hun :D and keeping food down too! :yay: It was the best thing you could have done going into hospital, by the sounds of it. I hope you continue to feel better :hugs: x x

Thanks girls!

They also scanned me again, and it was so weird cuz last time I was scanned, bubs was jus a kidney bean. This time it was head and body lol. They didn't print me a pic tho, they were just checking for heartbeat which is still going strong.

Think I'll spend today in bed as I'm still feelin sick. Get hubby to run around for me lol xx

Jayjay out of curiosity could you look at my pic and tell me if you think it's much different from yours?! Their measurements yesterday were a bit out cos bubs was all curled up but they reckon I'll get put back a few days at least (maybe up to a week) at my 12 week scan. But by my calculations that's impossible as it would have meant that I got my bfp at 5DPO!! Plus I was measuring 8 weeks 2 weeks ago!

Would you say mines was the same as yours or slightly bigger/further on, from what you can remember seeing of yours xx

Attachments

• Scan 0401.jpg
    Scan 0401.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Your scan pic doesn't look that different to mine, maybe slightly bigger/further on than me though, but I wouldn't say by much.

I'm sure I'll be 10wks on Tues, but my scan says different too, going by the scan dates, I conceived a week after ovulation lol. I think they all grow at different rates, which is why very few baby's come on their actual due dates. X

Glad you're back Home Jay, and great that you got to see bubs again! Hope you manage to feel much better on the anti sickness tabs :)

Your scan pic doesn't look that different to mine, maybe slightly bigger/further on than me though, but I wouldn't say by much.

I'm sure I'll be 10wks on Tues, but my scan says different too, going by the scan dates, I conceived a week after ovulation lol. I think they all grow at different rates, which is why very few baby's come on their actual due dates. X

That's what I was saying to midwife today, that I reckoned it was just a slow week growth wise but she was adamant that I had my dates all wrong :shakehead:

I don't really know how else you would explain a perfectly well proportioned 8 week scan then a slightly smaller than expected 10 week scan, the baby is hardly going to have shrunk all of a sudden!! And this was after I was so chuffed seeing wee fat bubs looking all baby-like in there, they tell me I can't possibly be as far along as I think!

Honestly sometimes I think people take me for a silly little girl who doesn't know anything. If I know the exact dates we dtd, how on earth could I have conceived a week later?!! :mad: Silly woman.

I don't mind being put back a few days at my dating scan, cos it all depends on the growth so far up to that week, but if they put me back by a week that could cause problems with me getting maternity leave and pay stuff (complicated situation but basically I have a one-week window to whether or not I'm eligible for full maternity pay) so it's really quite important to me!!

Anyway rant over and sorry for hijacking the thread!! xxx

Hijack away! :)

Aw that sucks that u only have the 1 week window! And it is so weird how they change the dates when we know when we OV'd and when we BD'd - they weren't there, how would they know?!!?? Lol.

Maybe just tell ur work than ur due when u think u are, rather than when the hospital say u r. Most people don't go on their due date so would they ever find out? X

Hiya girls, I'm just gonna hijack as well!
Jay jay I'm glad your out of hospital now and fx starting to feel better!
I had an early scan and thought I was about 10+5 but was told I was about 9+5 if that! I knew this wasn't right but the sonographer insisted. Anyway at my official dating scan they put me at 11+6 only a week later! So bubs either had a massive growth spurt or they were completely wrong!
Also my friend had this with her whole pregnancy being dated two weeks behind and when she was finally induced two weeks after due date they said baby was really overdue and they could tell by her skin. So my friend thinks she was pregnant for 10 months not 9!
Sorry to bore you all! X

I think its 1 thing to date a pregnancy for someone who doesn't know when they conceived, but for us who know when we OV'd and BD'd its a bit frustrating! X

Hijacking to!!. with the dates its so confusing i had to have an early scan when i thought i was about 8 weeks. They said i was 6+4. But then when i saw the midwife yesterday she said they would stick to my original due date because it was likely that at my dating scan i would be put back forward to the original date. She said that happens a lot!.. i'd just like the know either way lol!.

Last edited:
Hi JayJay,
Sorry you've had such a rough time, hope you continue to feel better. Haven't been on for a bit as sickness been quite bad over last few days, but nothing compared to what you've been going through!x

Aw thanks mishi :)
The anti-sickness tabs are stopping the vomiting, hoping I start to feel human again very soon lol x

Glad to hear it babes, you've had it pretty rough!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back