Petrified in case I have to go into hospital :(

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Evening girls

I know I haven't stopped complaining about my sickness, but it seems to just be getting worse :(

I'm at the point where even the things I'm craving aren't staying down. The only thing I can keep down is water. I feel so sick and so miserable! I can't stay on my feet for more than a few minutes at a time because even that makes me throw up.

For the past 2 weeks, my life has been spent going from bed to the bathroom, or from the sofa to the bathroom. Its been a nightmare :(

Anyway, I was complaining about it to my mum who told me to phone the midwife, which I did. She said she's a bit concerned that I'm not even able to hold the food I'm craving. She told me to go to my GP first thing tomorrow to see if I'm dehydrated, and if I am, I'll have to go in and be put on a drip!

I've never been in hospital in my entire life. For outpatient appts yes, but never have I had to stay in. I'm really quite afraid in case it turns out I am dehydrated and have to have a hospital stay :( x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aw hun :hugs: I hope you're ok and don't need to go in, but you've got to think about your little bean, that's all you need to remember. I'm sure you'll be fine. I used to love being in hospital when I was younger :) try not to worry hun. Good luck with gp and keep us informed :hugs: x x

Awww hun, I'm sorry your feeling so awful.

I know it will be rubbish to have to go to hospital but if you are dehydrated then it will be best for you and bubba.

I hope you feel better soon hun.

XX

Aww that sucks!!, have they not given you any anti sickness tablets or anything? Don't worry to much if you do have to go in, i was in overnight when i first found out because i'd not kept anything down for over a week and barely even water they will just want to give you enough fluids to make sure you and the baby are okay. I was only there overnight

Good luck, let us know how you get on :hugs:

Awww jayjay sorry to hear uve been having such a hard time, must be tough on u :(

Fx ur not dehydrated but hosp is best place for u and lil baby if u r, I'm sure they'll take good care of u there xxxx

Hope you're ok... but if you do have to go in to hospital just take in loads of books, music etc to keep you occupied. I'm a nurse and honestly hospitals aren;t that scary...just very boring for the patients! You'll probably find you'll feel a lot better after having some fluids as being dehydrated just makes you feel even worse. A friend of mine had hyperemesis (severe nausea and vomiting in pregnancy) and was in and out of hospital from weeks 6-13, but after that she started feeling a lot better and is now fine :) I know you don't want to take any medications, but I really believe the anti-nausea meds nowadays are very safe so it might be worth chatting to your doctor and midwife about them to see if you're happy trying them x

dont be worried if you do have to go into hospital hun.
they arent great places to be, but they arent that bad, especially when they are making you better
:hugs:

hope everything is ok
xx

Oh poor you! :hugs:

I'm really sorry you feel so rotten hunni, hope you feel better tomorrow.

On the bright side, if you do have to be admitted you might start to feel a lot better with the correct treatment.

FX crossed, keep us posted, will be thinking of you xx

hope all feels better soon , youve had it rough...
If you do need to stay in im sure it wont be for long and also take loads entertainment otherwise youll get bored x

Aw jayjay, how awful :hugs

Good luck with appointment, my sickness is bad but im managing all fluids and soup xxx

Sorry to hear this hon, I really hope you feel better soon. As someone said before, I know you don't like taking any medications but if the doctor says it's the best thing then please do it, they wouldn't give you it if it wasn't for the best xxxxxx

Aw thanks so much everyone! Ur all lovely.

I had a massive cry tonight about it, I'm just so fed up and feel so useless. Hubby is brilliant though, very patient and understanding.

I'll let u all know how I get on tomorrow. Thanks again everyone xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Good luck today hope you don't have to go in to hospital although my sister went in as she was dehydrated and when she came out she was so much better she managed to sleep and was able to hold food down and she only gets sickness every now and again! X

Good luck for today, Jayjay. Fingers crossed the doctor helps you to start to feel much better soon. I think the fear of going into hospital is so great as its an unknown experience to you. If you need to go in, then just go with the flow and allow them to look after you. You can't feel much worse than you do already, surely? Let us know how you get on. xx

Good luck at the docs today JayJay - hope you manage to stay out of the hospital, and like others have said, it's probably about time to think about some anti-sickness meds for you and little one.

Good luck today JayJay FX that you are not dehydrated xx

How'd you get on today hun? Hope all is ok :hugs: x x

I hope you got on OK at the GP hun?

xxxxxxxx

Just wanted to say goodluck Jay:hugs:

I've don't like hospitals either but they will take good care of you and you have to get better for bubs.

xx

Really hope all went ok today Hun, but the docs know what's best for u and baby and that's what's important. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back