I’m back - for round 2! IVF

Well I've just got back from my 1st scan at day 9.... UNBELIEVABLE RESULTS!!

2 at 16 mm
1 at 15 mm
4 at 14 mm
3 at 13 mm
1 at 12 mm

and 7 that are less than 10mm ...

thats ELEVEN potentials, I have 6 at this point last time!!! its almost double.. no wonder I'm so uncomfy lol

The nurse thought they had upped my dosage! not possible as I'm on max 450 as it is..

happy bunny today :)

J xx

Excellent news!

My sister drank protein shakes on her second round and that improved her numbers and quality a lot! Have you done anything different?

How long until your collection now? X

Excellent news!

My sister drank protein shakes on her second round and that improved her numbers and quality a lot! Have you done anything different?

How long until your collection now? X
Thank you !!! ❤️

Well I wasn’t made redundant this time and generally far more relaxed. Bit of yoga... that’s it really!

Provisionally booked in for ET on Wed but got another scan booked in for Monday.

J x

Jezby that's amazing news! They're looking really good!

Scan went well on Friday! 2 cysts on my right Ovary which they were a bit worried about but Consultant felt happy that they wouldn't cause an issue. So back for my first scan on Wednesday which will be cycle day 6 :)

Feeling pretty happy this time round, not sure why.... Maybe it's because I know what's going on and what to expect? Bt either way I'm not complaining. Huge hugs jezby! So hope we're bump buds x

Jezby that's amazing news! They're looking really good!

Scan went well on Friday! 2 cysts on my right Ovary which they were a bit worried about but Consultant felt happy that they wouldn't cause an issue. So back for my first scan on Wednesday which will be cycle day 6 :)

Feeling pretty happy this time round, not sure why.... Maybe it's because I know what's going on and what to expect? Bt either way I'm not complaining. Huge hugs jezby! So hope we're bump buds x
I've had that before - suspected cysts and they've either disappeared or not been cysts. It's weird trying to adjust your mind set that your body isn't a constant state, it's ever changing ...

I'm also feeling quite chilled and relaxed and I think its for the same reason - the unknown has been taken away - we know what to expect.

Although I am off to a flying start, I am little apprehensive as I know the issue seems to be with the quality of my eggs not quantity, but I'm holding out hope that you only need one! and that one is there this time...

Keep me posted!!
J x

Kate how are you getting on? Any updates on your cyst?

Had scan #2 today. I have 11 between 14-19mm & a few smaller ones still so all really positive. Endo lining has gone from 7mm to 12.5mm which is also much better than last time, was barely 9mm before

EC on Wednesday morning I triggered at 9pm. This next bit is full of nerves .... I had terrible fragmented embryos last time and were really poor quality. 1 step at a time I guess..

J x

Thanks everyone
Had EC at 9am this morning, and they got SIXTEEN eggs my consultant was so surprised ...

I have a bit of fluid in my uterus which we are hoping will drain away naturally before ET as this could be an issue ... fingers crossed with that

Feeling a lot more sore & groggy than last time but all good otherwise. The dreaded wait / phone calls begin ....

J x

Had an update from the clinic out of the 16 eggs 3 were immature, 2 didn’t fertilise at all and 2 partially did.

So we have 9 in the running and 2 possibles .. good news that 2 more than last time. Just hope there’s some strong ones in there.... the scary wait begins x

Had an update from the clinic out of the 16 eggs 3 were immature, 2 didn’t fertilise at all and 2 partially did.

So we have 9 in the running and 2 possibles .. good news that 2 more than last time. Just hope there’s some strong ones in there.... the scary wait begins x
Brilliant news hun.
I really hope one of those eggs is your lucky one :dust: x

It’s all sounding really positive, everything crossed for you xx

Jezby that's fantastic news! So pleased it's all looking so positive! Keeping everything crossed for you!

I had my second scan today (cycle day 8) and we have 8 so far between 10-15mm. Back on Monday for another scan and hoping for ec on Friday! So I'm just hoping that they keep growing! We only got 3 last time (1 immature,
2 fertilised only one survived) so any more than 3 is a huge improvement for us!

Sending you huge hugs jezby! Keeping everything crossed for you x

Jezby that's fantastic news! So pleased it's all looking so positive! Keeping everything crossed for you!

I had my second scan today (cycle day 8) and we have 8 so far between 10-15mm. Back on Monday for another scan and hoping for ec on Friday! So I'm just hoping that they keep growing! We only got 3 last time (1 immature,
2 fertilised only one survived) so any more than 3 is a huge improvement for us!

Sending you huge hugs jezby! Keeping everything crossed for you x

Kate! Those are great numbers- and they grow 1-3mm every day. Have to tried a hot water bottle? I used one every night for an hour or so before bed. Heat is meant to encourage blood flow etc who knows if it works but I did it both times and it feels nice!

I think you might end up with quite a few more than you think... excited for you. Keep me posted :) x

Nerves are kicking in now ... I’m so worried about what the embryologist will say tomorrow, was such devastating news last time. Trying to ignore it all until tomorrow but easier said than done...

Update you tomorrow, thanks for the hug its well needed!! Xxxx

we’ve had an update - out of the 9, 7 of them aren’t developing well and are basically dying as they go. But the good news is we have 2 “good quality” ones which is much better news than last time.

They offered us a transfer today day 3 or Monday day 5 ... kinda irritated that got put on us. We opted for a day 5 in the hope we can freeze 1 or both and do a dozen cycle. Our clinic had fronted some research that shows better results with frozen cycles.

But I’m now really worrying we’ve done the wrong thing. What if they arrest and stop developing maybe we should’ve had 1 left in culture and 1 transferred today ?! I hope we haven’t made a bad call ... another long wait begins x

Hi jezby hun, I'm sorry that you've had that loss over night but I'm 100% behind you on your choice! In your place I'd have made the same call. Its tough to know what to do in that moment in time and let's face it, they don't really give us much time to decide on all this. Sending you a huge huge and keeping my fingers crossed! X

Hi jezby hun, I'm sorry that you've had that loss over night but I'm 100% behind you on your choice! In your place I'd have made the same call. Its tough to know what to do in that moment in time and let's face it, they don't really give us much time to decide on all this. Sending you a huge huge and keeping my fingers crossed! X

Well the 2 carried on but not quite to blastocyst. Gave it until 1pm but they didn’t move much further so feeling a little disappointed if I’m honest. So just compacted morula Had an awful time with the transfer too. Had a terrible upset stomach this morning & an over full bladder. She had awful trouble getting the speculum in, left feeling battered & crampy.

But it’s done .. 2 on board & 2 in culture as 2 other we thought had arrested carried on and weren’t looking too bad.. so will see what happens tomorrow by some miracle we might end up with freezie x

Kate I look forward to an update after your ER on Friday xx

Good luck jezby, hopefully one of these eggs is the baby meant for you, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, sending positive vibes your way xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back