Hydrocephalus - Our baby has now been born - Birth Story on page 18

The number for the hospital my daughter was born at is +44 (0)114 2711900 . You'll need to speak to a consultant (our consultant was Mr Farrell). I have no idea how they will handle it, but it is worth a try.
Tegan's treatment is at Sheffield Childrens Hospital. The number for the hospital is +44(0)114 2717000. If you need any advice at all into what will happen when your baby is born etc, I am here.

Hi,

We are trying to call the UK hosïtals as we speak... of course its the usual scenario of having to speak to 50 people before you get to the one you need and being re/directed to the wrong extension numbers. We are trying to be connected to Dr Farrell.

We have called the Belgium Hospital as well and we are waiting for them to get back to us. We are supposed to be leaving for the hospital in 30 minutes but we still have our phones with us and we have a few things to discuss with our hospital before we make any decisions, firstly as to WHY they wont give her a chance if she comes out alive! I dont think I will be induced until 4pm so we have a few hours to try and sort out something else.

Update: We have just been given yet another number to call for Dr Farrell :roll:

Well good luck with everything today. Can't believe everything thats been happening in your life this week! Ive said it before but it really is so unfair. Whatever happens we will all be here to support you. You remain in my thoughts xxx

Sammy,

I too had to go through this procedure in October last year and i really do feel your pain. My baby boy had a needle in his heart to stop it beating and it was the worst day of my life. I was 25 weeks, and it was awful. I was take into hospital at 9am Saturday morning and gave birth to him at 4.39am Monday morning. Nobaody prepared me for how long and gruelling the process was.The only comfort i can give you is that the pain relief provided will make sure your little angel is born with a bit of dignity. I am so, so sorry Hun, nobody should have to go through this.

I too feel the same about my faith, i feel i can no loger believe !!! I wish i could give you the biggest hug, i really do. My thoughts are with you darling. If you ever want to talk please send me a message. I really do know how you are feeling. I am still, upset, angry, pissed off .....i'm here if you need me.

God bless you and your little angel,

Victoria x x x

Good luck trying to contact the uk hospitals. Thinking of you :hug: xx

Dr Farrell is not available today at all so I have asked Allan to ring back and ask to speak to a Neurologist.... its sods law!

Sammy,

I too had to go through this procedure in October last year and i really do feel your pain. My baby boy had a needle in his heart to stop it beating and it was the worst day of my life. I was 25 weeks, and it was awful. I was take into hospital at 9am Saturday morning and gave birth to him at 4.39am Monday morning. Nobaody prepared me for how long and gruelling the process was.The only comfort i can give you is that the pain relief provided will make sure your little angel is born with a bit of dignity. I am so, so sorry Hun, nobody should have to go through this.

I too feel the same about my faith, i feel i can no loger believe !!! I wish i could give you the biggest hug, i really do. My thoughts are with you darling. If you ever want to talk please send me a message. I really do know how you are feeling. I am still, upset, angry, pissed off .....i'm here if you need me.

God bless you and your little angel,

Victoria x x x

I cant believe I am here packing to go into labour, writing poems for her and tying them with pink ribbons... the pink ribbons should have been in her hair not tying up some god damn poem! :-( I know you know how I am feeling because you have been there. I could never have even started to imagine the pain and confused and loss unless it was me going through this...and im not through this yet. The worst is yet to come. Oh my God.... why?

Belgium wont help us... the increase in fluid/head is too severe they think in such a short period of time.

:( Have you tried the numbers Lea gave you for the uk? :hug:

Sorry - I missed your post about Dr Farrell earlier. Hope you can speak to someone soon :hug:

Well I hope you've had good news. Catching My Farrell was always a bit of a wild goose chase. He has nil bedside manners, but he is a good doctor. If you want to call the childrens hospital, ask for Mr Mcmullan or Mr Zaki.

:hug: I really dont know what to say.
Your such a strong woman. Thinking of you.

i hope everything is ok
i admire your strength.

thinking of you and your angel princess xx

hi sammy
have been thinking about you all day...hope you're okay hun x

Still thinking of you, I hope things are ok and that your being well looked after right now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back