How many is too many?

Im not saying i wont, but ultimately its their choice how well they take education, and how well they look for a job, and how much effort they devote to it. If they choice not to put the effort in, then thats their choice and theyll end up on benefits. But im not going to chastise them for it.

i honestly belive that responsable parenting, guidance etc would lead to none of the above. if you teach your child, bring them up in a way that they understand the importance of school and work, then i dont belive for a moment that they would choose a life of not working, and rely on the government to bail them out.

I dont believe in teaching children that nothing is free, because its wrong.

Love, Care, Happiness, Fulfilling Lives, Are all free.

I didnt choose to be born into a world where I am forced to follow this plan of how someone should live. I am free to live the life I wish, as are they. If that includes benefitting their lives with benefits, so what? They are there to be used, why not use them.

omg. im not gunna be commenting on this thread anymore as im starting to get wound up!

-i- went through school, If they want to learn, they will learn, thats not -my- responsibility. My responsibility is giving them access to learn. If they decide to slack off and not learn, their choice.

im gonna be quite blunt and harsh here

its that attitude in parenting that made this contry like it is today, lazy ppl that cheat the system and live of us that work hard. its a disguasting way to look at it.
Its your responsebility until your daughter is an adult!

Noa WONT have the choice, as long as he live under my roof, he will do the best he can in school, with my help and his dads help. He will never get anything extra from me unless he do his best. its simple for me.

-i- went through school, If they want to learn, they will learn, thats not -my- responsibility. My responsibility is giving them access to learn. If they decide to slack off and not learn, their choice.

im gonna be quite blunt and harsh here

its that attitude in parenting that made this contry like it is today, lazy ppl that cheat the system and live of us that work hard. its a disguasting way to look at it.
Its your responsebility until your daughter is an adult!

Noa WONT have the choice, as long as he live under my roof, he will do the best he can in school, with my help and his dads help. He will never get anything extra from me unless he do his best. its simple for me.

exactly the same here isobel

Well then we both have different views on lifestyle and child rearing, so do a lot of people, its no reason to slate me about it.

I would be horrified if my kids opted out of being educated I no some are not academically minded but there are always options. I know sometimes life throws you a curb ball and you have no option but to go on benefits it happened to me 2 years ago but I broke my neck to get off them again and was self sufficient with in 4-5 weeks. I just want better for my kids and never want them to struggle ever. The world can be a cruel place I just want to open as many doors for them as I possible can.

Its nothing to do with views and lifestyle if you are willing to let your children abuse the benefit system just because they cant be bothered to pay attention and work hard in later life. Thats just irresponsible and lazy

Well then we both have different views on lifestyle and child rearing, so do a lot of people, its no reason to slate me about it.

then the answer of the threads question, how many is too many? In my opinion for parents with your view 1 is to many.

So what if they are lazy? Its their choice, their life. And its not for me to impose on.

then the answer of the threads question, how many is too many? In my opinion for parents with your view 1 is to many.

Just because my view doesnt match yours, doesnt make it wrong. Live and let live.

So what if they are lazy? Its their choice, their life. And its not for me to impose on.

thats exactly what i think you dont get... if my child is lazy, then it is MY responsabilty to "impose" and make sure that he isnt! my child is not going to grow up and be lazy and if he does start to be like that i will do everything in my parental power to stop it and teach him otherwise. thats what a parent does.

All im saying is kids bringing up kids, nothing to do with age more to do with maturity

I honestly don't have words! I think it's an awful attitude to have and think you have failed before you have begun.
Im out of this thread now as I refuse to be wound up.

with that attitude there is a big chance they will be lazy, and what do they know at 14 and cant be arsed at school? I kick up the ass is what they need not a parent saying "its your life"

As a parent, its your responsibility to bring your children up to reach their full potential. I was a lazy little shite as a kid, but my parents knew it was their Job to push me thru my education! And I'm bloody glad they did! Benefits aren't there for the taking, they're there for those who really do need them! And had we not a society where lazy good for nothing scroungers sat on their arses just because they good, there would be more help available for people like myself when they needed it! I spent just over a year on benefits and I'm so grateful for it! Going to work would have been nigh on impossible for me! It didn't mean I had an easy life tho, it was bloody hard at times! And as soon as the girls are in school, I'll be going back to work!

Yes, children need to be loved, cherished and all that, but they also sometimes need a firm boot up the arse to enable them to reach their full potential! If one of mine turned round and said right mum I can't be arsed going out to work, so o won't work in school then they'd bloody get what for! It's not a parents job to sit back and support them in that, it's to make sure they turn out into hardworking, self respecting citizens.

I am free to live the life I wish, as are they

and I hope you realise how lucky you are to be 'free' to do whatever you want while most of the rest of the population work their arses off, getting up and out of bed when its dark, and the baby has been up for hours teething, going out in the rain and the snow, or going into an office when its sunny and leaving your child with a childminder to take them to the park to feed the ducks when your heart is breaking cos you want to be doing that yourself. Its because most people work that there is a benefit system. When those hundreds of pounds come out of my payslip and Im literally counting the pennies the buy food for my family, I like to think that money is going to people who really need it, like my uncle who has raised 2 kids while being on dialysis for 20 years, or my friend who's husband walked out on her when she was pregnant with his twins. THAT is why people get so angry when they hear about people 'choosing' to be on benefits. in the adult world, people bust a gut to get along in life. And make sure their child has every opportunity to learn, whether thats by giving them the time space and resources to study, or giving them the right attitude to their personal responsibilities in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back