Help, how many bottles and teats?

Funkylady

Reaction score
Hi there,

My collection of essential baby items is slowly but surely coming together and I was wondering if someone could shed any light on just how many bottles and teats and of what size and variety I will need... or how many you found you needed.

I am working with an Avent Steriliser and currently have 5 x 4oz bottles (4 of which are hand-me-downs) and 1 x 9oz. I also have 3 x teats of the number 1 flow and 1 teat of the number 2 (if that makes sense).

Please can someone tell me how many more and of what variety I will need as I want to get stocked up in plenty of time.

Thank you in advance.

Angela xx

im gong to breast feed but im getting 4 bottles too.. i think aobut 6 and thats fine.. i only had 6 when i had charlotte..i hear that tommy tippy closer to nature are good and they are pretty reasonable priced.

I have 6 Avent bottles and that plenty. The number 1 teats don't last that long though. If you are going to buy any more bottles I'd say to only buy 9oz bottles cos its not long before they are taking more than 4oz.

6 is more then enough, and I have 1s and 2s as well, but guna put the baby straight onto 2s as 1s are sooo slow

I wouldn't buy any more 4oz bottles but I would buy another five 9oz bottles. Six bottles is a good amount as that is roughly how many bottles you will need to make up 24 hours worth of feeds. I think that I used the size 1 teats for three months so just make sure you have got five size 1 teats for the 4oz bottles and then hopefully when you move on to the 9oz bottles the size 2 teats that come with them will be ok.

yeah you won't use the little bottles for very long.
I would say though, maybe hide the number 2 teat away where you won't use it as if the baby is used to 1's then suddenly has a 2 by mistake thy may cough on it a bit :)

Thank you all very much! That has helped me alot.

I will get 5 more 9oz bottles and a selection of different teats.

Thanks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back