How many is too many?

Nothing angers me more than scumbags who use their children purely to get
Money. It makes me sick. Hopefully the current Government will stop benefits for people like this. If you have 13 kids you should not be gettig benefits for each one. This wad my intial thought... Surely at some point you cannot expect to get anything - child beneft Should be stopped etc...

To the OP,

I want four kids and I think that the number of children people have isn't what is going to cause the resources to run out etc.

Using the resources is what is going to make them run out. Oil and coal and things will not replenish so whether they are used up slowly or more quickly due to higher population - they will run out at some point.

If your husband is concerned, i suggest he stops driving and starts sorting his waste and refusing to use products from non-renewable sources :) And teaches his children to do the same - that is what will save the resources, children being taught.

Last edited:
For me 2's enough. Not just for financial reasons but also emotional reasons. I've found it alot harder with charley than I did with Lacey so bringing a 3rd into the world would be wrong for us. I couldn't look after 3 on my own!

I'm the same hun, not because I've had problems since having Emily but because I know emotionally I couldn't cope with 2 on my own. Plus I'm able to choose to TTC it's highly unlikely I'd be able to fall pregnant by accident. I have no idea what's happening with me and work - Im going through the process of having assessments etc to see what I should be doing work wise and what benefits I'm still entitled too because of a fluctuating illness. Obviously I won't be going out to work as Emily is still young but at some point I will be looking to do some training with CAB's that's the loose plan anyway, unless I win the lotto ;)
My friend and I were talking about this yesterday, it makes my blood boil that some people take the p out of the benefits system and then everyone on benefits is lumped into that 'scrounger' category. And to people who don't know me I always feel the need to justify why I've been on benefits and it's unfair really.

To the OP,

I want four kids and I think that the number of children people have isn't what is going to cause the resources to run out etc.

Using the resources is what is going to make them run out. Oil and coal and things will not replenish so whether they are used up slowly or more quickly due to higher population - they will run out at some point.

If your husband is concerned, i suggest he stops driving and starts sorting his waste and refusing to use products from non-renewable sources :) And teaches his children to do the same - that is what will save the resources, children being taught.

Good point

Hmmm I was just reading over an old post by mk "so who thinks im crazy"
In this you quiet clearly state your on income support!!!!
I can not tolerate liars any point you have been trying to make has lost all credibility

I've read that post too Amy, she's full of @&£;:"@!!!!! x

Sent from my knackered iPhone

Oh now im a liar huh? What about the post when alanna was 6 weeks old saying I was moving abroad hmm?

To the OP,

But obviously I everyone had 4 kids resources will run out a lot more quickly. It was saying on the news the other day that the worlds population has doubled in the Last 50 years and it's causing all sorts of problems. Esp since people are living longer and longer as well. I'm not saying I disagree - I'm a woman I undestabd the pull for family and kids, just think that that is a flawed argument.

I think this is one area that a pull and desire are going to outweigh a sense of responsibility perhaps we should feel - but I can totally understand that, if that makes sense....

But for every woman who has 4 children (which I don't think is common, I don't know anyone personally who has 4 kids except me) there are lot who have none (I know lots who have none through choice or sadly biology) x

Sent from my knackered iPhone

Abounds, I often get a disapproving look or comment if I drive! Less so now, with te baby and all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back