How many is too many?

Im an eco centered kind of person, but im not going to be told how many kids i can have LOL if i can afford 12, ill have 12! As for them going onto benefits, so what? thats what its there for! And if they dont like it cause its not enough money, they are more than welcome to get higher education and a job, the uk has plenty of free education oppertunitys.

i think aslong as you got time and love for your kids thats whats matter.
When we bring our children up, if its 1 child or 5, we should always do our best, teach them to be kind, responsible, respectful, loving, also we need to listen to them, help them with all we can to achive there goals.
Also i think if we make our children work hard in school, they will get good grades, go to uni and get good jobs.

To be a parent is about teching your child about life and to do your best by them, dont matter how many you got as long as you as a parent can take on that job, role and responsibility

Im an eco centered kind of person, but im not going to be told how many kids i can have LOL if i can afford 12, ill have 12! As for them going onto benefits, so what? thats what its there for! And if they dont like it cause its not enough money, they are more than welcome to get higher education and a job, the uk has plenty of free education oppertunitys.

I hope you would want better for your daughter and coming children then sit home on benefits, not that benefits is good enough n if it dont suit you get a education and a good job.
it should be the opesit, work hard and if it dont work out, there is benefits to fall back on to help you.
Im sure benefits are there to help ppl that really needs it, not something u should take for granted just cuz u couldnt be arsed to do something with your life.

I agree benefits are there for those who need them, not for those who can't be arsed to work! There was a thing on the news yesterday, I wasn't really paying attention, but it was something along the lines of how a growing number of people are infertile and it's going to cause problems with a significant population drop or something!

In an ideal world ppl that are able to work should have a job (there is jobs out there, where i work for example, there is always jobs but noone is applying) That would mean more tax money to the goverment, less benefits payed out.
That would allow a higher payout for the ppl that needs it.
i think its fine to stay home with your kids, but alot of ppl cant afford it now (including me)

Totally agree, i would hate to see my kids grow up to be on benefits, you cant just say thats what they are there for because who knows what the government will bring in. I want to teach my kids that nothing in life comes for free. They need to work hard for things they want not just expect other taxpayers to pay for them.

Benefits are there for people who need an income, for whatever reason. If my kids make a decision not to get a decent education, not to get a job, thats their choice, and I will support it no matter what. im not going to impose my goals on them, its not healthy, and kids just rebel anyway. If theres something they wanna do, they will discover it themselves.

i think aslong as you got time and love for your kids thats whats matter.
When we bring our children up, if its 1 child or 5, we should always do our best, teach them to be kind, responsible, respectful, loving, also we need to listen to them, help them with all we can to achive there goals.
Also i think if we make our children work hard in school, they will get good grades, go to uni and get good jobs.

its not about parents talling kids what to do, its to have expectations that they will do there best to achive THEIR goals. if you ask a 12 year old what do u want to be when your older, i doubt anyone says "i want to stay home on benefits"
i dont think benefits is an option as an income if ur capeble of doing something else. Thats just really sad that u dont hope and want better for your daughter, i just hope she grows up wiser and more driven then u seem to be with that opinion. Thats just weird to teach your kids thats its ok to abuse the system

Last edited:
Thats a really irresponsible attitude to life in general. If no one worked there would be no benefits as there would be no taxpayers money to pay for them. I want the best for my children and im hoping i can teach them to value things and nothing is free. i dont want my children sponging off the state. A life on benefits isnt what i would want for myself let alone my children.

i agree with isobel! i hope my lo has higher expectations than a life on benefits! i think that with mine and ohs guidance and teaching its highly impossible that thats what he would want!

Totally agree Amy, its quite sad some people would make do for their kids, i was brought up to value life and that you have to work for what you get and i hope to pass these values to my children x

thats their choice, and I will support it no matter what. im not going to impose my goals on them

^^^ Im not saying i want them on benefits, im saying im not gonna push them where they dont want to be pushed, and if they go on benefits its ultimately their choice and im not gonna interfere.

i didnt think living on benefits was a "choice" i thought its only there if u for some reason cant work?

and for some, not working is a choice, either as bluntly as that, or by not achieving in school etc

thats their choice, and I will support it no matter what. im not going to impose my goals on them

^^^ Im not saying i want them on benefits, im saying im not gonna push them where they dont want to be pushed, and if they go on benefits its ultimately their choice and im not gonna interfere.

but u need to be an responsible parent and do your best for them to do their best. it shouldnt be a question of "choice"

Last edited:
Well for the people that basically just "dont want to work" i hope the government bring out a system that would mean they got nothing as that iss just pure laziness. If my child just chose not to work because it was an option i would be very ashamed of them as i hope i would be able to bring them up better than that

Im not saying i wont, but ultimately its their choice how well they take education, and how well they look for a job, and how much effort they devote to it. If they choice not to put the effort in, then thats their choice and theyll end up on benefits. But im not going to chastise them for it.

and for some, not working is a choice, either as bluntly as that, or by not achieving in school etc

but why wouldnt your children achive in school? if you do your best they will go trough school just fine. Its about how much work you are willing to put in to help them.

And why wouldnt your children want to work if you teach them nothing is for free in life?

-i- went through school, If they want to learn, they will learn, thats not -my- responsibility. My responsibility is giving them access to learn. If they decide to slack off and not learn, their choice.

Im not saying i wont, but ultimately its their choice how well they take education, and how well they look for a job, and how much effort they devote to it. If they choice not to put the effort in, then thats their choice and theyll end up on benefits. But im not going to chastise them for it.

and you would be quite happy if your girl didnt put the effort in cuz its her choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back