How many disposible nappies?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Right we wanna make sure we've got enough nappies for at least the first few weeks so wanted to stock up on them, just wondering how many of which size you think we should get.... or at least an idea.

We already have a size 1 pack (27 in pack) for my hospital bag then we've bought 3 packs of size 2 (35 in pack) as we've been going along. I know we need more of both but not sure how many to buy to be honest, help appreciated!

Fankoooooo :D x

oooo its tricky because you don't know how big your baby will be at birth :think: I'd say only get a pack or 2 of newborn then send someone out to buy the rest once baby has arrived! Thats what I did. I had loads of tiny clothes just incase Isaac was small. I kept asking the HV at the end of the pregnancy how big she thought he was and she said about 7lb but he was a bit smaller than that so they can't really tell :roll:

We got through 4 packs of 27 newborn and 3 huge 70 packs of size 2 - remember the sizes cross over depending on weight. Basically I'd say get a couple of newborn packs and a size 2 pack, then you can test the size against your baby and know when to make the switch.

If you wanna stock up I'd stock up on size 3, the baby won't fit them at first (unless you have a whopper) but when they are in size 3 they're in them for ages, not like the other sizes, or so I've found.

Urchin said:
If you wanna stock up I'd stock up on size 3, the baby won't fit them at first (unless you have a whopper) but when they are in size 3 they're in them for ages, not like the other sizes, or so I've found.

Yeah Ryan's in his size 3's now and he's on his 2nd 70 packet of them and no sign yet of them being too small.

I wouldn't bother with size 1's. Size 2 will fit all but the tiniest babies.

You'll need about 8-10 per day at first.

i wouldnt worry about it jo.. you have enough for the 1st week.. and chances are you will actually want to get out even if it is to tesco, and if not you will need some food after a week.. so jsut write sam a list of what you need and add nappys if you need to..i would say you have enough for the 1st few weeks

my mum been buying nappies , she's brought far too many size 1;s she just didnt knwo :wall: he wont go short thats for sure !

Urchin said:
thats true

I would not get too much and try different brands too, my lad went from either pampas or huggies, depending on his age, some will fit perfect, some will leak like a sod, we just got used to pampas, then he got a little big the next size leaked but huugies diddnt! so be ready! Also Morrisons and Asda offtom do big boxes at discounts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back