How do people make bottles for overnight

Lucyiwan12

Reaction score
Hi all I'm getting fed up if boling a kettle nd waiting 20 mins to make baby feed during the night??!

What can I do to make it easier

I used to boil the kettle and put the hot water in a flask. I would also have a flask of cooled boiled water so I could get the temperature right.

Hiya.

When Jules fed during the night, I used to make up the bottles and store them in the fridge, then when she wanted feeding, bring her down, heat a bottle up in a jug of boiling water and feed her. When she went a little longer so only needing a couple of feeds during the night, I'd prep the bottles during the day and store in the fridge. Then when I went upto bed, if take 2 bottles in a thermal bag to keep cool and I'd take my tommy tippee thermal flask full of boiling water ready to warm a bottle and feed her upstairs.

Hope that helps

Jill x x

Ive just bought the tomee tipee bottle maker thing as I remember nights being terrible! ! Makes a bottle in 2 mins!!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I just made them before bed and put in an insulated bag

To begin with we used ready made formula. Then we just started making a couple of bottles up in advance. The flask is another really good idea.

We did the whole boiling the kettle in the middle of the night thing with our LO and it was horrendous! This time round we'll be buying cartons. I may try the flask thing when they're a bit older, but when they're newborn I'd be too concerned the water won't be the correct temperature to kill all the bugs in the powder.

Once water reaches 100degrees the bugs are killed..

We make up 3, put them in bottle heaters which keeps them hot for a couple hours then when needed heat up in the bottle warmer.

Its a doddle.

xxxxx

Ive just bought the tomee tipee bottle maker thing as I remember nights being terrible! ! Makes a bottle in 2 mins!!

mummy to ds 11/7/11

Buy this so it takes 2mins and well worth the cash!

mummy to ds 11/7/11

Buy this so it takes 2mins and well worth the cash!

I agree, whoever this tommy tippee is, I could kiss him for inventing this!! Expensive for what it looks like but it makes a fresh feed in under 2 mins no waiting around.

i was told by mw to sterilize bottles add water leave at room temp and add milk as needed,boiled water when in a sealed bottle it sterile for 24 hours so long as theres no powder in so i sever at room temp on a night time and take the little milk pots to bed with me .and if its a tiney bit warm he wont take it now because he likes them room temp ? i was suprised no one else feeds like this? my friends all feed this this too ?

i was told by mw to sterilize bottles add water leave at room temp and add milk as needed,boiled water when in a sealed bottle it sterile for 24 hours so long as theres no powder in so i sever at room temp on a night time and take the little milk pots to bed with me .and if its a tiney bit warm he wont take it now because he likes them room temp ? i was suprised no one else feeds like this? my friends all feed this this too ?

I did this too!!!!! Told my friend and now my SIL the same and they feed at room temp too. Never bothered heating bottles ever. He had them at room temp in the hospital so why not at home too?? I was also told the explanation as to why people heat bottles up now. Apparently it is because it stems from the "olden days" before formula, when breast milk was stored in the fridge and they heated it up for the babies. It's just continued down through the generations. Well, that's according to my MW's and the HV anyway!

Sent using Tapatalk - so can't see tickers!!

We use boiled water from a flask then run the bottle under the cold tap to cool it down takes 5 mins at the very most! X

We have bought the tommee tippee thermos flask.
Before bed we fill 2 bottles up to 3oz with cooled boiled water from kettle. Fill flask with boiling hot water from kettle and take up to bed with us with the milk.

When he wakes just top up the bottle with 2oz of the hot water in flask which has cooled down slightly and add the formula.

Its always perfect temp for him :)
We also do this when out in public aswell, save finding somewhere with a kettle lol!

Flask is £8 in asda! Xx

Every night I make up 3 x bottles - putting 3oz of boiling water in with the formula, shaking well - and then topping off with cooled boiled water. I've been doing this since day 1 and it works well for us :)

Newborn I put cool boiled water in bottles, took a bottle warmer to bed and then added powder.
About 3 months I made the bottles up and stored in fridge and then microwaved
Now at 10 months I use a flask of hot water- wish I'd done that from the start- so much easier. Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i fill the bottles to 3 ounces with boiled water and take them up, they cool down then when she wants one i add and ounce of boiled water from the flask then add powder and feed

doesn't the water have to be boiling for the powder to mix properly? I've been buying instant for the night but its getting g pricey x

Ready made milk cartons I'm pissing lazy CBa waiting for 20 mins and its always to hot in the flask lol they must think am mad I easily but 18-28 at the same time haha

doesn't the water have to be boiling for the powder to mix properly? I've been buying instant for the night but its getting g pricey x

No theyvsay that on the tub cos they hàve to stick to guidlines. His water is always nice n warm n it mixes fine.
4oz cooled 1oz boiled n its perfect. Takes 10seconds! We do this both day n night xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back