• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do I work out my target weight?

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
Does my height factor in this? I don't know whats a good target weight to set for myself, I feel if I have a figure to aim for it will be a lot easier to achieve

i went on a site that had a table with BMIs and heights and stuff, and you pick your height, find a "normal" BMI and then look at the weight. although its not always accurate cos it dont take into account your frame or anything, just height and weight! how tall are you hun?xx

Usually bmi is worked out between a level of 2 stone or 28 lbs so say for my height of 5' 3" a healthy bmi is between 8 st and 10 st so I'm aiming for spot on the middle or just under :)

Depends on your body shape, and muscle mass.

BMI is an ok way to gauge things, but isn't great as it doesn't take into account fat composition or muscle mass.

So if you weigh 200lbs but are solid muscle, you could be classed as obese :lol:

The best thing, IMO is to go by clothes size and get your body fat % analysed at a gym.

Alice I'm about 5"9, what was that website you went on?

Looks like you havnt much to go Mamafy :) 14lb and you will be at your target weight?

& Tonks that does sound like the best idea.. My OH is currently studying to be a fitness instructor and is busting his backside to get me to the gym but I would feel so self conscious going there.. I would love a home gym! Can I go and get body fat % done at the gym without signing up to anything?

14 lbs yep hun, haven't been at that weight for 6 years plus but I'm under pre-pregnancy weight :yay:

:yay: Well done you. Well after we finish our exercise dvd we will look like one on the girls on it right?? :lol:

I think Boots might do it too? Not sure though.

Everyone feels self concious when they fist start going to the gym hun, but we all have to start somewhere and there will always be someone bigger than you and fitter than you, someone who has more work to do and less work. There are so many different types of people at my gym, and no one really pays attention to anyone else :) Plus it's great that your OH will be supporting you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back