weight loss advice.

Krystal

Reaction score
Hey..

since having Jack I have complained about my weight but haven't actually done anything about it :oops:

Well since yesterday I have gone on a diet, going to be strict with myself. Especially when it comes to snacks. I have even done all my shopping by buying fresh ingredients to cook from scratch so I know exactly what is going into my food :D

Anyway.. at moment I have gone up to 12stone :oops: I want to ideally get down to 9 but I would be happy with 10 as I am 5"7 and look fairly healthy at that weight.

Anyway my question is... do you think it's reasonable to think I can lose all of that in time to go on holiday which is 31st August?

In terms of exercise I will be going on a 2 mile walk 4 times a week and to gym 1 time a week (know it doesn't sound a lot but big improvement on what I do now :lol: )

I just spoke to my friend who thinks I am setting myself an unrealistic target which is why I am asking.

Thanks

2 stone in 19 weeks is 1.5lbs a week so it's perfectly safe BUT after the first few weeks you'll probably find you go from losing 4lb in a week to losing nothing and you might get a bit disheartened. :hug:

New start for you now- you are back at work and Jack is going to nursery so there's loads of motivation for you! I'm sure you'll do it... I haven't got a hope in hell of looking decent this summer! :lol:

no thats fine they say to aim for 2lbs a week on average.

good luck

i think thats totally realistic hun :)

im aiming for 2 1/2 by then :)

hopefully... i'll have lost more!

i think thats brill and your being sensible, good luck sweetie!

:cheer: Thanks ladies, I am going to buy myself some bathroom scales tomorrow, I don't own any because in past I never believed checking your weight every 5 minutes is a good thing but now I think it will help. Once I do i'll be joining your weightloss thread Lozzi!

Am all geared up now :cheer:

I think its doable. I've lost that amoun in less time. Especally over summer when you eat lighter food and less of it.

Just don't weigh yourself more than once a week as weight can fluctuate daily and increase some days with fluid etc, so can get disheartening.

I used to weigh myself same day, same time (first thing in the morning after weeing and before getting dressed) once a week.

Also after about 4 weeks your body levels out and even if you don't appear to be losing weight on the scales, the fat is readjusting its way round your body so you should notice a change in shape maybe instead of actual weight loss for a little while.

And the more you exercise and build muscle the less likely you are to see an actual weight loss. Muscle weighs more than fat :)

Good luck :)

Thanks for that Sherlock & babylicious.

I'm very tempted by Kim's diet, the cambridge one. Although i'm not sure if in long run it will work out. I am just so worried about going on holiday feeling like crap I want it gone fast. Need to be sensible though :)

I started my diet too. Hopefully will manage to loose quite a lot of weight this time. Good luck to you hun! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back