Housing query again - opinions also needed again.

Hunnie

Reaction score
To cut a long story short would you;

A) buy a cheaper house in a nice area thats small but big enough for us to live in for 3-4 years that doesn't have much potential to do anything to it long term other than fit a new kitchen and bathroom BUT mean that we arent as skint long term and can have a nicer way of life for both us and LO and could essentially have pretty much everything we wanted like new cars and things for LO etc and OH wouldnt have to work as hard.

OR

B)buy a more expensive house in another nice area with more room but again not a lot of potential to do anything to it but have more room that we could live in it for 6 years + if we had to but be skinter for longer but overall have a nicer house but OH would have to work hard pretty much all the time and we wouldn't be able to have an easy lifestyle and would have to budget more.

Its a tough one :(!

Def a tough one. But my head says the cheaper smaller house. You don't know where'll you'll be in 3-4 years time.
To me if you go for the smaller house you'll be more comfortable and happy when the LO arrives. With the best will on the world we don't know how much money we'll need for the babies and I'd rather still enjoy the nice things in life than have a bigger house but no spare cash

And in today's world you never know what's round the corner with regard to job certainty etc.

But that's just my opinion based on me and my experience/outlook on life

(ps. I take it this means you liked some if the houses you saw!!!)

if they're both in nice places and the smaller one is big enough I say go for the smaller one and take the financial pressure off so you have more spare cash to spend doing family things x

I think we are going to go for option one but we havent actually found the house yet. We thought we had but going looking at a few other cheap ones in another nice ish area thats quiet and then maybe in a few years when Im qualified and working then we can take more of a risk I suppose and find something bigger and a bit more expensive.

Thank you Ladies :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back