I'm so pissed off :(

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
My landlord was meant to write me a letter saying he didn't want children in the house just so i could get a council house and now hes changed his mind he isn't going to say that...now i'm screwed!!! In a house i can't afford, i'm so unhappy here i hate it so much :( we can't get another private one as we are on benefits, i live in a small town and my OH has bad credit and i don't have any...so we are stuck :( the landlord doesnt want us to leave thats why he is trapping us!!! I feel like a child!!! i cant do anything in the house or have animals...i have no fire and one radiator in my living room and its a living room and dining room in one so its a big room! Its bloody freezing! I am stuck and dunno what to do i really don't want to stay here...:cry:

hey

Are u on the council list for a house?

u can still reply 2 housing and explain all that and situation and they might still offer u house

Thanks girls i have applied to the main one in our area and they said i haven't got many points and its not likely i will get a house...i'm totally skint i don't even go shopping, our rent is 100 a week and im on benefits OH only works 14 hours...so money is very tight, i'm sick of having to go without :(

Last edited:
u sure everything worked outright cos thats a lott pay with ur oh only working 14 hours a know people work more than that dont pay a penny

Not sure what its like at ur bit but what about going to some sort of citizens advice and asking them for help. I got a letter from my local councillor and everything when i was trying to get my house.

Could ur OH try get more hours to get more pennies? Move in with family and you will be classed as overcrowded might get more points?

I get help with my rent hun...i have to pay 80 a month out of my money, and i get the rest put in my bank but i am still struggling with other bills...if i had a council house i would get all of it paid for.

I am going to see CAB and there no point in OH getting more hours because we just get it took off in benefits and he would be working for nothing, me and him both would love him to work full time but theres no jobs too and we would be worse off...stupid really but thats how it works.
Erm...ive thought about moving in with family..but ive got LOADS of furniture and plus the council would click on and just see it as i have made myself homeless... im in a no win situation, im clueless on what to do x

i'd suggest hinting to you land lord that you might not be able to pay the rent soon as needing to buy things for the baby ect, he will then feel like he either has to write you the letter (so he can get a tenant that will pay the full rent) or put your rent down (if hes a nice person!) my friends were in a very simmilar situation when they were pregnat with my godson, landlord put rent down, then managed to save and borrow some money to find them a cheaper place as counil said outright no to them, even though they had both just been made redundent!

hope it all works out for you, dont give up, and you'll get what you want in the end :)

Thanks...my landlord wouldn't care lol! Seriously he is an ignorant stuck up prick. I need a secure house that is affordable before the baby comes, i feel it will never happen. I'm gonna be stuck here forever x

If u moved in with family would the council have to know u were living in privately rented accommodation? Couldn't u just say u've been there since u were born and now ur pregnant? They wudnt be able to class u as intentionally making urself homeless?!

They would know as i am on the electrol register, and i get housing benefit too. Wouldn't want to risk it incase i'd be screwed totally lol! Thanks for the idea though hun, appreciate it x

Im going through a similar situation hun !

Best thing to do is to (as much as you might not want to) move back in with family, get lots of overcrowding points etc, I know you had private rent before, and you would have to tell them that, but if you have HAD to move back in with family that is proof that you cannot keep up with rent of private let so you have no other choice than the council because baby and in the family home there is not enough room? If you get what I mean, use the fact you had to move back home as proof you can't afford it and you have to through council.

talk to your councillor and say to your midwife about so much stress as she can write a letter for you to give to the council aswell to bump you up on the list.

Thing is if your trying for a house on the council whilst in private rent, I know that where I am from it doesn't matter your situation, as long as you have been able to afford private rent, you will only get something like 10 points. Compared to what you would get if you moved back in with family, it was overcrowded and you where under stress, you can get well over 50 (if your council point system is similar but you can see the difference).

Best of luck, and hope you manage to sort something out xx

Last edited:
They would know as i am on the electrol register, and i get housing benefit too. Wouldn't want to risk it incase i'd be screwed totally lol! Thanks for the idea though hun, appreciate it x

Awww, I didn't think of that! I really feel it for ya cos that's a shit situation to be in! Hope something works out for you. Maybe your landlord will wake up one morning and not be a wanker? I know u wanna do things properly but I bet if u just stopped paying ur bit of the rent when then baby arrives he'd soon want u out!!! Then ud get a council place instantly!! Hope something works out for u tho, u don't need this added stress to pregnancy <3 xx

ive moved from a flat back into my parents then got a house after a while you wont be classed as homeless at your parents just over crowded hun and you do need help as you cant afford to live do you have shelter where you live??? they can help with finances too and with the house being unsuitable for a baby could your midwife suggest anything???

Please dont stop paying your rent as the council would see that as you making yourself intentionaly homeless and wont help you.

Im not proud of how i got my council flat but i was desperate.

To be honest i don't think my mam and dad would let us move back in...my brother got my room so there is a tiny box room which wouldn't even fit a double bed in...plus the cot is in there and my dads pc, so ive got no chance haha!
How did you get your council house...feel free to not answer if you would not want to.
Thanks for your support girls it really makes me feel a little bit better about the whole thing.xxx

Oh i am going to talk with the Councillor as my dad knows him...so that might help a bit, but my dad is determined to get me out of here after the landlord treating me like shit. He was an arsehole about me getting a dog too, he said we could get one if we stayed in the property...meaning he wasn't bothered about a dog living here he just wanted to be an arsehole and make us stay...he has even said himself he doesn't want us to leave! I think he is trying to keep us. I feel like a child xxx

Last edited:
Im was in the same situation hun... well sort of.. when i got pregnant the 1st time we was living in a flat and landlord said that we wouldnt be able to stay there once baby was born, so we had no choice and moved out! we should of gone to the council then!... but we never.. we was living with MIL and she was doing my head in big time.. so i borrowed money from family and put a deposit down on a house! 2 week later i went into labour 7 weeks early.. but was soo pleased i got the keys in time! then we moved out and into another house where rent was cheaper but was across the other side of town! i hated it, as had no family around! i knew i couldnt afford to find money for a deposit so we asked the landlord (OH friend) to write us a letter to say he was selling the house, he said yes to start with, then realised it wasnt as easy as he thought he would have to go court etc to evict us! i thought i wasnt ever going to move from there, and was on housing benefit so was no reason to move according to council.. but we got lucky, our other friend was wanting to sell his house and he hadnt had no intrest so asked us if we wanted to rent it with no deposit... it was close to our family but still wasnt a council house.. but we love it hear so now if they decided to sell we will defiently get a council house!

i know it doesnt help you but if you could move in with parents or someone that seems the only way you could get council quicker!

i hate the council where i live, its a absoloute nightmare have been on the list for 3 years now and nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back