Could I Be Pregnant?

selinajade

Reaction score
Right so here goes, i'm new to the site and don't usually create discussions, but i am only 18 and would like some advice..
I have been on the contraceptive pill (UK) for about two years, i have been living with my partner for a year now and we have sex frequently. but recently, i feel my periods have been slightly lighter, so lasting longer than others, at one point had quite a lot of discharge which lasted a few days.
over the past month, i feel my eating habits have changed, and i feel the need to eat more often.
i have had a really strange sensation i have never felt before, a twinging pain from my tummy to my vaginal area, which happens almost once or twice a day two times, close together. my tummy is more bloated (or its where i've eaten more haha) and my heartburn (i have acid reflux anyway) is pretty average for me. i wee all the time anyway, so i cant tell.
i've read that still taking the pill won't harm any potential foetus, so i will remain taking it until i am sure either way.

i just want a bit of an understanding if my symptoms are similar, i've read some women continue to have vaginal bleeding (seeming like periods) through-out their pregnancy, so i am unsure what i am experiencing.

thanks so much for your help. xx

Hi, welcome to PF.

Have you been on the same pill for the 2 years? I can't think it would suddenly have different side effects, but maybe? The pill does make your body think it's pregnant already so sometimes can display similar symptoms... like eating more etc.

But only way to know for sure is to test!!!!!

testing is the only way to know and wen i was on the pill my periods were all over place sumtimes i didnt have one from month to month then spotting here n there or bleeding for days proper nightmare and i did gain a bit of weight :-/ xx

I think it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant but as the others say, please do a test to make sure!

best of luck x

thanks. i have been on the same pill, yes.

but the problem is at two points a few months ago, i forgot to take my pill for about 12 after it was due, and since drank alcohol (which decreases efficiency) and then switched days that my pill started on (from wednesday to thursday).

just wanted some advice before going to a GP or buying or home test, and don't want to do it too soon that its comes out as negative but be still pregnant. thanks. :wave:

if you think it was a few months ago you missed your pill then its not to early to test. Tbh i'd say go and get a test for a few quid it's piece of mind either way!

I was on the pill when i got pregnant and hadn't missed it or been sick etc so had no reason to fail, it just does sometimes.

Let us know what the test says :)

Just what the other girls have already said, the only way to be sure is to do a test. And it wouldn't be too early to test if it was a few months ago. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back