Hot Baths?

KellyHook

Reaction score
ive heard that you cant have hot baths (not burning lol) as this could damage baby... but i have also heard that its rubbish...

i do like a long bath, and OH says that i have it to hot.. so ive only been having showers just in case!!

has anyone heard about this?

I heard that -
Once I was around 17 weeks & had been having hot baths every night. Oops.
OH says same to me - argh your bath is too hot...
BUT had my 20 week scan Friday and I have a very bouncy, healthy baby boy - so I'm not overly sure it's damaging.

If anything I found it helped - with all the stress I felt, it was good to kick back and relax :) -
Just my opinion, but I think if you find your baths relaxing and you feel it settles you, indulge. Just maybe lower the temperature slightly :).

I did also read that having a hot bath isn't that bad because the water cools so quickly :)

Hope this helps! xx

I heard this!my mum told me this ages ago. I'm only having showers at the mo even tho I love a good old bubble bath but I'm a panicker! So showers for me! Xx

well ive got midwife on friday so i will ask her, thanks ladies!

im sure its fine, tbh it must not be true as ive just realised that i had hot baths with my 1st pregnancy and she is fine!

but its scary at many Do's and Donts! soo much change from my 1st pregnancy. xx

I normally have boiling hot baths where my skin goes red! Since getting my BFP I have only had warm baths because lots of people have told me to be careful not to make the bath water too hot. Also we're not allowed in a jacuzzi which is always hot so I guess there must be some truth in it?!

xxx

I went to a spa in my first trimester and was told I couldn't use any of the facilities as it was too hot in there. I think the main issue is the raise in body temp for you and little bean but it also increases the risk of fainting.

xx

its beacuse the baby can't regulate their temp like we can so if you have a long hot bath in a sense it cooks them :( so not good :( I had coolish bath when I first found out but now its getting colder you can't but help have warmer baths xxxx

Last edited:
I asked my doc on friday and he said warm baths are fine, just not roasting hot!

Theres nothing better than a big warm bubble bath when your feeling crappy :D xxx

yer i agree rachey! im just going to have a bath but just not as hot as i normally would have it.. just dont want to risk doingb anything that could harm lil baby xx

Yeah I'd just say do whatever you feel comfortable with hun :) if my bloody water was working properly i would still be having nice warm baths too lol, im jealous :p xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back