Advice please all you seasoned pregnant girlies - baths

i thought i read somewhere that in early pregnancy hot baths are a no-no as nothing's regulating the temprature or the LO.. or something.

i love having HOT baths, like steaming and have been cooling them down with cold water incase i had caught that month.

Ooooh just had a lovely warm (not hot) bath and feel much better - warm water is the best medicine in the world xxx

I think that all that talk about hot baths is old wive's tails tbh. I've looked through the pregnancy bookt he midwife gave me again and again and it says nothing about baths whatsoever and if it was so important there would be a warning in there somewhere I would think! :think:

I just go off what the midwife tells me as the problem with the internet is that anybody can post information on there and it's not all accurate!! My midwife said that the only reason she would say to stay away from hot baths is because of the risk of fainting, but if I haven't been suffering from light-headedness then there's not really much cause to avoid them.

I spose really I'm just trying to talk myself around here cos I could do with a nice hot soak with some bubbles :lol:

congrats babyblonde :cheer:

personally i am being overly cautious on everything and even though i like scalding hot baths i am having boring warm ones which means in and out and no lounging around as its not so much fun in a warm bath.

All I can say is that baths are a god-send and I would not have survived pregnancy mentally if I hadn't been able to have one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back