Why No Hot Baths??

beth3735

Reaction score
I really cant understand why we are not allowed hot baths when pregnant. I never heard about this when i was preg with both my girls but have been hearing it loads with this one.

When i was expecting with my 1st i was in the Navy living in the Navy accomodation. There was a shower within the bath but i always had a hot bath. Some days when i had finished work and had just had enough of the back ache i would jump in.

I really cannot see why you cant have these hot baths anymore, What do they actually cause other than a raise in your body core temp??

Hope someone can help

its some thing to do with your blood raising its temp there fore raising babys temp.

i still bath, but dont have them really hot and just dont spend as long in it.

because the baby will over heat its really dangerous
same reason you hould not use sunbeds and sit out in the heat for to long.

in the olden days they used to say wisky and hot hot baths to abort babies :(
sorry thats lowering the tone, but when i heard that saying i stopped hot baths

midwife told me if i o red then the bath is to hot and you know like when you feel your boding beating that means your to hot

The Hazards of Heat
Soaking in a hot tub could hurt your baby if you're in the first trimester of pregnancy. Some research has shown that high heat--from a fever, hot bath or hot tub--during the first 3 months may cause birth defects.

taken from http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen ... s/076.html

oops maybe i will listen to them this time round. I stayed in till i could hear the blood racing in my ears :oops:

Didnt realise it was so dangerous as like i said i did it with both my girls.

Im sure i can just stand in the warm shower just that little bit lnoger to enjoy them

Thanks for you replies :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back